[Q] Where (and how) to download and install Jolla Sailfish onto a Samsung Galaxy S3

Search This thread

lordkennedy99

Apr 17, 2014
I have been trying to find a place to download Jolla Sailfish, but have not found any download links on the site. Is there something I'm missing? Or is it not available? If there is a place to download, are there also the install instructions?
Thanks!

nh1402

Apr 16, 2012
I have been trying to find a place to download Jolla Sailfish, but have not found any download links on the site. Is there something I'm missing? Or is it not available? If there is a place to download, are there also the install instructions?
Thanks!
That would be because there is no sailfish image available for any phone other than the Jolla phone, the Nokia n9, and the nexus 4.

The HADK (Hardware adaptation development kit) for android devices has not been released yet. Once it has, then there will be installation instructions, and a sailfish image to flash. It should be out in a few weeks time.

Reactions: RareHare

lordkennedy99

Apr 17, 2014
That would be because there is no sailfish image available for any phone other than the Jolla phone, the Nokia n9, and the nexus 4.

The HADK (Hardware adaptation development kit) for android devices has not been released yet. Once it has, then there will be installation instructions, and a sailfish image to flash. It should be out in a few weeks time.

Thanks! Is there anywhere you know of where I can find more information about HADK?

EnErGy[CSDX]

Nov 13, 2012
Lviv
Thanks!

from email for early adopters:
In the coming weeks, we'll also be publishing images for Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (i9305) and we'll be delivering updated images as we go along for each device as hardware support improves.

_Beni_

Jul 4, 2013
Wieselburg
my full hope is in this OS, i tried every droid-rom on my i9300, but no rom has the combination i searched for.

I hope the old and good nokia feeling is given :D

Stefan Caromov

Nov 13, 2012
Sofia
Another question, i am sorry i ask in this thread
If i buy nexus 4, is the sailfish is fully integrated with all his updates support as the real jolla is, or this is same as on nokia n9 ?

RumoredNow

Feb 28, 2011
Springfield Missouri
If i buy nexus 4, is the sailfish is fully integrated with all his updates support as the real jolla is, or this is same as on nokia n9 ?

No update capabilities at this time. Each new version requires a fresh install.

This is Betaware and not for use as a daily driver or prepared for public distribution as of yet.

Stefan Caromov

Nov 13, 2012
Sofia
So, if i want to use all capabilities on the OS i must buy jolla?
Because i have a N9, but the OS has a lot of bugs here and i dont use it at all. I understand that on nexus 4 will be exactly the same.

RumoredNow

Feb 28, 2011
Springfield Missouri
Maybe a bit more patience is needed. Certainly if you can get a Jolla Phone it will do everything a Jolla Phone will do. ;)

I don't have that option. Jolla is not selling in the US yet. So I wait and see. But the team working on the port seem to be making great progress. :highfive:

aironeous

Apr 19, 2011
From http://merproject.org/logs/#sailfishos/#sailfishos.2014-06-24.log.html

azazel i'm a bored owner of a Samsung i9305 (s3-4g) there's any chance for me to try sailfishos on it? 08:13
sledges faenil: to where you have extracted/rsynced gapps (/opt/alien/.. iirc ?) 08:14
faenil sledges, yes just found it thanks anyway ;) 08:14
tbr it's been surprisingly silent around the 9305 08:14
sledges azazel: give me your email and you'll receive porting guide when it's out 08:14
tbr it's all just nx4 08:14
chriadam pp: thanks. I'll poke matt about it tomorrow anyway 08:14
sledges (pm your email azazel , not on this channel that is) 08:14
tbr given that sledges, a sailor just implicitly said that azazel will need to port it himself, I'll conclude the i-9305 port by Jolla is dead in the water, for unknown reasons. 08:15
azazel oh 08:15
*** jukkaeklund_ has quit IRC 08:15
suy which was the way to get additional packages installed on the virtual machine? (e.g. QtContacts, QtPositioning) 08:16
azazel that's sad 08:16
Stskeeps long story short we hit some issues with modem part that we didn't have capacity to sort out, but, it'll be possible to build images for i9305 and other bits that are quite functional when HADK finally does come out 08:16
azazel i already have CM on it 08:16
Stskeeps just that we're focusing on making one good reference image 08:16

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No update capabilities at this time. Each new version requires a fresh install.

This is Betaware and not for use as a daily driver or prepared for public distribution as of yet.
    Thanks!

I don't own one, so I'm not sure, but I don't think OTAs are available through the phone.