[D550X] CWM-Based Recovery 6.0.4.6 + ROOT for Xperia Z1 Compact {KitKat!} [20140410]

Search This thread

MrMmmkay

Jan 18, 2007
is it safe to use CWM from 4.4.2 to flash it on 4.4.4 version? because I couldn't find it CWM for 4.4.4, sorry for asking such silly question, any words?

You can hotboot with a 4.4.2 kernel (see flashtool, fastboot), flash your zip files and just restart, than the old kernel boots up again.

MrMmmkay

Jan 18, 2007
so you mean that I can flash it using v04 on 4.4.4 as it is running 4.4.2?

You can't run a 4.4.4 rom with a 4.4.2 kernel, so don't Flash it. BUT you can hotboot a 4.4.2 kernel to go into recovery and flash some zip files or make a backup. Hotboot means that the Rom is only booting the selected kernel once.

sanik90

Dec 20, 2011
Shah Alam
You can't run a 4.4.4 rom with a 4.4.2 kernel, so don't Flash it. BUT you can hotboot a 4.4.2 kernel to go into recovery and flash some zip files or make a backup. Hotboot means that the Rom is only booting the selected kernel once.

ok thanks, but I really dont know how to do hotboot, I tried on my phone running 4.4.2, works fine, but his phone already upgraded to 4.4.4 and he asked me to install CWM on his phone too, then I stuck here, haha

LSI

Dec 4, 2010
Gergovie
I update in 14.4.A.0.108 (flash not modified kernel, relock, update with PC companion, unlock)

Now, i do hotboot with flastool
Code:
flashtool boot boot.img
I boot in CWM and install Super User
Reboot

I see SU but it's look not working. I can't install Busybox and i don't get any request to grant root access.

What i do wrong ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: sanik90

Saaber

Jul 31, 2010
I just tried this on my new Z1 Compact with 4.4 that I just got on Friday, and it seems to have screwed it up. I flashed Doomlord's kernel, booted into recovery, and installed the Superuser .zip file. Now when I restart the phone, it shows the Sony logo, the LED lights up purple, and then the screen goes blank. It's booted up in some way because my computer will see it. If I hold down the power button and volume up, it will turn off, and if I turn it back on again and press one of the volume buttons, it will go into recovery mode again, but I can't get the phone to completely boot up. Is there a stock kernel I can flash in recovery? Is there some other way to restore it?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!!!

MrMmmkay

Jan 18, 2007
I update in 14.4.A.0.108 (flash not modified kernel, relock, update with PC companion, unlock)

Code:
flashtool boot boot.img
Reboot

I see SU but it's look not working. I can't install Busybox and i don't get any request to grant root access.

What i do wrong ?

Thanks

Try the latest zip Version of SuperSU instead of SuperUser...

LSI

Dec 4, 2010
Gergovie
Try the latest zip Version of SuperSU instead of SuperUser...

I use SU from Chainfire (v2.02)

May be the problem is i don't factory reset phone, just back to original Kernel and relock to update without any lost on phone. Because i don't lost any SU parameter.
I backup all with Titanium Backup, but i search a way without wipe all.

I will try this way to install SU :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2784900

Editing :

I look better, SU looks works fine, the problem come only from Busybox, i don't arrive to install it (error to install it with "busybox free")
It's look like system can't be mount in RW

Busybox exists as a zip to install from CWM ?

Last edited:

brocnical

Oct 9, 2011
Ulster

Code:
flashtool boot boot.img
Reboot

What i do wrong ?

Thanks

You have probably done everything correctly to obtain a "partial root", but the problem is that (unlike other Android phones) to get a fully working root on a stock Sony firmware you also have to disable Sony's "RIC" security feature. See point #6 here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53085489&postcount=225

PS: both Clockworkmod Superuser and SuperSU work fine (I personally use Clockworkmod Superuser)

Last edited:

LSI

Dec 4, 2010
Gergovie
You have probably done everything correctly to obtain a "partial root", but the problem is that (unlike other Android phones) to get a fully working root on a Sony firmware you also have to disable Sony's "RIC" security feature. See point #6 here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53085489&postcount=225

PS: both Clockworkmod Superuser and SuperSU work fine (I personally use Clockworkmod Superuser)

Thanks, your are right with RIC security from sony.

Now, my problem is solved. Thanks for your help.

I still have original kernel and root.

The way to update from PC Companion and root :
- Restore original Kernel with Flashtool (last version, normally, you can find ftf of your actual ROM version on XDA)
- Relock bootloader with flashtool (button BLU)
- Update with PC Companion
- Root using http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2784900

The way to get CWM :
- Read first post and do "Fastboot boot boot.img" instead of "Fastboot flash boot boot.img". The modified Kernel will be used only once. So directly after load kernel, phone restart, you must press volume down key to enter in recovery. Do what you need and restart. Orignal kernel is restored and phone restart.

sanik90

Dec 20, 2011
Shah Alam
I just tried this on my new Z1 Compact with 4.4 that I just got on Friday, and it seems to have screwed it up. I flashed Doomlord's kernel, booted into recovery, and installed the Superuser .zip file. Now when I restart the phone, it shows the Sony logo, the LED lights up purple, and then the screen goes blank. It's booted up in some way because my computer will see it. If I hold down the power button and volume up, it will turn off, and if I turn it back on again and press one of the volume buttons, it will go into recovery mode again, but I can't get the phone to completely boot up. Is there a stock kernel I can flash in recovery? Is there some other way to restore it?

try to flash stock ROM back
here is the link http://xdaforums.com/sony-xperia-z1-compact/general/stock-rom-xperia-z1c-d5503-14-4-0-108-t2801269

sanik90

Dec 20, 2011
Shah Alam
now I know different between "fastboot boot" and "fastboot flash boot", I'm previously using S4, so most of flashing using Odin, simple click of a button, been doing lot of reading on this and improving a little bit, hehe

thank you all

Reactions: rob rich

EpicLPer

Aug 29, 2012
Scheibbs
epiclper.com
Heya!

Just a quick question but what do I have to do if I'm on the 4.4.4 ROM (14.4.A.0.108)? I need CWM to install the Resurrection Remix ROM.

Thanks already!

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Okay guys, problem solved!
Till this guy here releases an 4.4.4 recovery method use this method here instead.

For everyone already on 4.4.4 use this: http://nut.xperia-files.com/
Download the "Z1C-lockeddualrecovery2.7.154-BETA.installer.zip (23.61MB)" zip, extract it, use the installer and choose the "unrooted" option (easiest way of all).
Then you can easily reboot into CWM (Up) and TWRP (Down).

Have fun :)
Also press "Thanks" so many people will see this if they have the same issue as me, thanks much!

PS.: My recommendation as ROM is "Resurrection Remix" :) Of all tested ROMs I just love it!
PPS.: Both tested and working fine! :D

milestoneman

Aug 8, 2010

install this
http://xdaforums.com/sony-xperia-z1-compact/development/cwm-recovery-kernel-deactivated-ric-t2814708

had the same issue and this fixed it for me

Milltach

Dec 3, 2011
Last edited:

MrMmmkay

Jan 18, 2007
The downloads from DooMLoRD should be maybe removed, because flashing it on 4.4.4 devices will kill your boot. There is no recovery nor can you boot into the system.

Not really sure what to do now.

This can help.

Why removing? In first post is written for which Firmware it can be used, everyone who can read shoult not run into trouble...

ZedbeHiro

Mar 21, 2017
Redmi 9 Power
Please Help, OOOOh Please

Hello Mr DoomLord.

I kinda wanna ask you for a help.

I just unlocked the bootloader on my xperia z1 compact
D5503, Android 4.3, FW 14.2.A.1.114.

I found your thread, but the link to kernel is broken, please.

What i wanna do is to flash the kernel (if there is newer version, i would be happy for.), install the recovery (i dont know what is better, CWM or TWRP and not sure which version.), install the newest room possible (i dont mind, if the fastest and most stabile version is just 5.1.1 ) and finally i wanna root it, thats my goal to ROOT.
please can u help me quicky with the links, i think i know what to do, just not sure about the versions to install.

CAn u help me out ?

I sent PM also.

best regards

Zbysek, Slovakia

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a CWM-Based Recovery 6.0.4.6 Touch Recovery for Xperia Z1 Compact!

Credits and special thanks to Koush and everyone else involved in Cyanogenmod project!

[ info ]

This Recovery is built from CWM 6.0.4.6 sources!

I dont have this device with me and I dont intend to buy one... my friend wanted root on his phone so I created this to help him out...

all the testing was done remotely on users devices...

[ PROOF ]

Bemy1VSCQAAgkew.jpg:large

[ credits / special thanks ]

• Koush - for the brilliant work & coding on CWM recovery
    • CyanogenMod and FreeXperia Team (especially jerpelea) for too many things *:)
    • special thanks to @swedan for helping out with testing and risking his devices for the sake of development!!! and NO, his phone was NOT damaged during testing ;)
    • ME for creating this for u guys!

[ Requirements ]

• Bootloader unlocked
    • working fastboot
    • STOCK ROM FW:
        • 14.3.A.0.757 - v04
        • 14.3.A.0.681 - v03
        • 14.2.A.1.142 - v02
        • 14.2.A.1.114 - v01
      or ROMS BASED ON THAT FIRMWARE

[ features ]

1. standard CWM recovery 6.0.4.6 - TOUCH RECOVERY!
    2. kernel is insecure (ro.secure=0)
    3. adb debugging is enabled by default in OS
    4. TIP: if u are experiencing very slow backup in CWM do this

[ WARNING ]

for flashing this kernel you WILL NEED TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER! Check this thread for more info (same steps as Xperia Z1 are used for Xperia Z1 Compact)

UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER WITHOUT TA BACKUP WILL LEAD TO IRREVERSIBLE LOSS OF DRM KEYS!!!

AND YES CAMERA STILL WORKS AFTER UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER!!!

[ known issues ]

1. adb is not working in recovery (can be fixed later)

[ how to flash this kernel ] (via fastboot)

1. download the kernel image
    2. save the boot.img to the folder containing fastboot binary
    3. flash the boot.img using fastboot:
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
    4. reboot from fastboot
      Code:
      fastboot reboot
    5. the device should now start booting
    6. enjoy!

[ how to enter recovery ]

when you see the Sony logo and the LED light turns pink/amber/orange keep tapping/pressing VOLUME UP key

[ how to Root ]

for instructions on how to root please check this post

[ sources ]

https://github.com/DooMLoRD/android_device_sony_honami

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

OR

you can buy one of my awesome apps from Play Store!

[ download links ]

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR, REDISTRIBUTE, REPACK MY FILES

NEW:

Advance Stock Kernel with Recovery v04 (FW:14.3.A.0.757}
    MD5HASH: d32053f9ae32210d84b9f03944b2296b

OLD:

Advance Stock Kernel with Recovery v03 (FW:14.3.A.0.681}
    MD5HASH: 96649df409f10a5da596a2af1f747baf

Advance Stock Kernel with Recovery v02 (FW:14.2.A.1.142}
    MD5HASH: ad86cffe69c22a332e44703c3eb29dd1

Advance Stock Kernel with Recovery v01 (FW:14.2.A.1.114}
    MD5HASH: 85e4fe3589ec542fec6e56ec5a1b7661

icon8.gif

enjoy!!!
    Rooting Instructions

[ proof ]

Bem1JQsCYAA1g6s.png:small

[ how to root ]

• once you have flashed the kernel from the 1st post
    • download the latest SuperSU update.zip from: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu
    • save it on sdcard of device
    • reboot into recovery
    • flash the supersu update.zip
    • reboot from recovery into OS
    • you should now get proper root access!

[ installing busybox ]

• it is highly recommended to install busybox after rooting!
    • just go to andorid play store and download the busybox installer.
    • once the installer is downloaded, install busybox in /system/xbin
    • reboot device after install and thats it!

regards,

DooMLoRD
    Advanced Stock Kernel v03 released!

supports latest KitKat firmware!

download links in OP!

cheers!

regards,

DooMLoRD
    here is a test kernel...

Z1c_DooMLoRD_AdvStkKernel_FW-681_v03-test-1.img

please check if device boots and if you can enter recovery...

thanks for the kernel.sin!

here is the test kernel with recovery for 14.3.A.0.757 firmare:
    http://doomlord.xperia-files.com/private/Z1c_DooMLoRD_AdvStkKernel_FW-757_v04-1.img

please test it out and let me know!