[Q] Can anyone teach me to root my L7 P705(v10e) ????

Search This thread

MinGM1G

Nov 3, 2012
I tried so many methods to root my phone, but still not work:crying:
Can anyone teach me how to root it ? My phone is L7 P705 v10e, please....

sifu_trenty

Nov 28, 2012
Interested in this too

Hi guys

Im in the same boat, it was an auto update to v10e and after spending weeks searching and trying myself (i've had two previous andriod based phones, both rooted running CFW and up graded to gingerbread) but this, i dont know, seems weird. I'm not to savvy with ICS.

I tried rolling back to v10a but it wouldnt allow me. So thats out of the question. If anyone else has any input on this it would be greatly appreciated!

akizmaj

Oct 27, 2010
Belgrade
Hi guys

Im in the same boat, it was an auto update to v10e and after spending weeks searching and trying myself (i've had two previous andriod based phones, both rooted running CFW and up graded to gingerbread) but this, i dont know, seems weird. I'm not to savvy with ICS.

I tried rolling back to v10a but it wouldnt allow me. So thats out of the question. If anyone else has any input on this it would be greatly appreciated!

This is the LG Optimus 7 forum, not LG Optimus L7 .

Last edited:

virtuman

Oct 14, 2012
Hi guys

(1a) I just rooted my Rogers LG-P705g, V10e-AUG-10-2012 (originally came with V10c if I remembered correctly but I updated it like you did) using the easy way described in the following thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1906133).

(1b) Verify if you have LG-P705g USB drivers installed on your computer. For me, Windows 7 can not find or installed the driver successfully. So I have to go to the following website (http://www.lg.com/au/support-mobile/lg-Optimus-L7-LGP705); click on "SOFTWARE UPDATE" tab in the middle of the page and click the "DOWNLOAD" button under "Install the USB DRIVER - USB DRIVER for Windows". Install the software after download finished.

(2) Go to your phone "Setting"; scroll down to "Connectivity" > "USB connection type" > seletct "PC software"

(3) Go to your phone "Setting"; scroll down to "Developer options" > select "USB debugging"

(4) Download the "What you desire!.7z" from the link in (1a) to you computer, extract the file using program like winrar (www.rarlab.com).

(5) Connect your phone to your PC

(6) Open the extracted folder "What you desire!.7z" from (4) > "ROOT LG OPTIMUS L7" > double click on "RunMe"

(7) type 1 to root

(8) Rooting process starts; after about 10 seconds, it asked me to restore something; press restore data from your phone.

(9) After another 10 seconds, phone rebooted....waited...some message stating voice control stopped...phone rebooted again...back to home screen.

(10) Download Root Checker from app store and verified the device has root access!

Last edited:

sifu_trenty

Nov 28, 2012
Thats what im talking about! I will try all of this and let you know, the only thing i didnt do during my attempts was update the USB drivers, so i'll give that a crack and see how we go.

Thanks a million man for the efforts. :good:

VIRTUMAN YOU ARE A LEGEND!! Worked straight up and all good, we're not worthy ;)

Last edited:

kimpot0227

Dec 20, 2012
brothers!

hi guys!just new here,
quick question
will this work on my lg optimus l7 p705 v10e?i know its in the title amigos,but mine is v10e,will virtumans wisdom can root my v10e-sep-06-2012
tnx amigos!

sifu_trenty

Nov 28, 2012
hi guys!just new here,
quick question
will this work on my lg optimus l7 p705 v10e?i know its in the title amigos,but mine is v10e,will virtumans wisdom can root my v10e-sep-06-2012
tnx amigos!

Thats what the whole thread is about ;)

The silent update that went to v10e was pretty annoying, if you use the method described that was told to me and just follow the instructions there is no reason why it shouldnt work. Theres no CFW in the files, so the only thing youre doing is gaining root access with it. However i can assure you 110% it works.

Speaking of, anyone know of any CFW for this yet? Or the other idea was a rollback to gingerbread so if anyone has done it and it works can you please let me know?

MinGM1G

Nov 3, 2012
hi guys!just new here,
quick question
tnx amigos!
mine is v10e-sep-18-2012, it doesn't work after i tried the method.
it said: "error:device not found"
wt should i do ?

Last edited:

sifu_trenty

Nov 28, 2012
mine is v10e-sep-18-2012, it doesn't work after i tried the method.
it said: "error:device not found"
wt should i do ?

Had this problem to start with too... cruise over to the LG website, go to the support section for your phone (under phones, android phones, support, downloads) and grab the latest USB drivers (before you tell me you have them, windows 7 doesnt auto update so no.. you wont have the latest and you will need to update) and LG PC suit.

Once i had both of these installed and working fine (there should be NO errors in installation) then you wont have ANY issues at all... im speaking from personal experience with this and after updating everything there will be no problems unless you create them yourself ;)

happy rooting!

vanisubs

Jan 28, 2013
unable to root lg Optimus l7 p705

(1a) I just rooted my Rogers LG-P705g, V10e-AUG-10-2012 (originally came with V10c if I remembered correctly but I updated it like you did) using the easy way described in the following thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1906133).

(1b) Verify if you have LG-P705g USB drivers installed on your computer. For me, Windows 7 can not find or installed the driver successfully. So I have to go to the following website (http://www.lg.com/au/support-mobile/lg-Optimus-L7-LGP705); click on "SOFTWARE UPDATE" tab in the middle of the page and click the "DOWNLOAD" button under "Install the USB DRIVER - USB DRIVER for Windows". Install the software after download finished.

(2) Go to your phone "Setting"; scroll down to "Connectivity" > "USB connection type" > seletct "PC software"

(3) Go to your phone "Setting"; scroll down to "Developer options" > select "USB debugging"

(4) Download the "What you desire!.7z" from the link in (1a) to you computer, extract the file using program like winrar (www.rarlab.com).

(6) Open the extracted folder "What you desire!.7z" from (4) > "ROOT LG OPTIMUS L7" > double click on "RunMe"

(7) type 1 to root

(8) Rooting process starts; after about 10 seconds, it asked me to restore something; press restore data from your phone.

(9) After another 10 seconds, phone rebooted....waited...some message stating voice control stopped...phone rebooted again...back to home screen.

(10) Download Root Checker from app store and verified the device has root access!

Hello,
I just bought LG Optimus L7 P705 and want to root it. I followed the instructions given here, but unable to root it :(
My phone specs are:
Model Number : Lg P705
Android Version 4.0.3
Software Version V10e-Seq-12-2012

I followed the steps as mentioned here. The following is the output I got(It is not a copy paste since it was scrollingby very quickly)
/system/app/Backup-Restore.apk does not exist
Pushing busybox
Pusing su binary
Making busybox runnable
Please look at your device and click restore( I clicked restore)
Unable to find device
Found device
Copying....

I could not read what it was copying because the terminal quickly closed down,.

I tried to check with Root Checker, but it says device not rooted..

Can you please help me resolve this issue?

Thanks

G

GuestD5009

(7) type 1 to root

I have tried this method and what i got was

Please connect your device with USB-Debugging enabled now
adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *
remote object '/system/app/Backup-Restore.apk' does not exist

Best phone is beeing rooted!

Pushing busybox....
2344 KB/s (1085140 bytes in 0.452s)
Pushing su binary ....
2088 KB/s (91980 bytes in 0.043s)
Pushing Superuser app
2015 KB/s (996704 bytes in 0.483s)
Making busybox runable ...
Please look at your device and click RESTORE!
If all is successful i will tell you, if not this shell will run forever.
Running ...
rm failed for /data/data/com.android.settings/a/*, No such file or directory
Please look at your device and click RESTORE!
If all is successful i will tell you, if not this shell will run forever.
Waiting ...

Then i press restore and i get a pop-up saying "Restore starting..." then a second later "restore ended"

i am using
P705
Android 4.1.2
Software version P705-466-97

Could I please have some help, I have no idea what to do,

Thanks.

need help

hey guys have lg p705 v10e i tried the first was run me file press 1 but it does not find it and just closes after couple of secs i really wont to root this i have tried poot odin rescue root inpactor superone click and others with no work plzzzz help me as i dont think people should charge to root the phone they should ask for donating cause 30 bucks bit to step im uni student and u get more cash out of me the cheaper say ten bucks a phone i get u hundreds of saqles a week i promise if not i give u 5000 i know i can sell it so if u guyts with my brain make a universeal rooting sfrom my oftware i could make us alot of cash i can how proof of people that emailed me ffrom my site begging for me to root android i root apple so wont to learn android as i lovew to run back track 5

Jan 3, 2014
Try downloading frameroot to phone just download and use second choice for exploit, worked on mine p705g. (L.G.) it is a free one and works Great!!

Sent from my LG-P705g using XDA Premium 4 mobile app