Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2006
Eindhoven
www.Mohammad.Moghtader.net
image12.png

Booting Google Android
1. Start HaReT.exe.
2. Pres: Run.
3. Google Android is now booting or you're Kaise freezes*.
4. Have fun or Soft-Reset!
*For good boot, use a Diamond or higher based ROM

Buttons
newandroidscreen.jpg

From a zImage dated: 04-07-2009!!!
B1 = Call
B2 = End Call
B3 = Navigate
B4 = Navigate
B5 = Menu
B6 = "Home"
B7 = - NA
B8 = - NA
B9 = Volume Up
B10 = Volume Down
Power button = Power option (Display off, Deviece off & Radio off)
Jog Wheel = Needs Fixed
Keyboard = Lay-out fully working

Android Features:
Application framework enabling reuse and replacement of components
Dalvik virtual machine optimized for mobile devices
Integrated browser based on the open source WebKit engine
Optimized graphics powered by a custom 2D graphics library; 3D graphics based on the OpenGL ES 1.0 specification (hardware acceleration optional)
SQLite for structured data storage
Media support for common audio, video, and still image formats (MPEG4, H.264, MP3, AAC, AMR, JPG, PNG, GIF)
GSM Telephony (hardware dependent)
Bluetooth, EDGE, 3G, and WiFi (hardware dependent)
Camera, GPS, compass, and accelerometer (hardware dependent)
Rich development environment including a device emulator, tools for debugging, memory and performance profiling, and a plugin for the Eclipse IDE

What is Android??
system-architecture.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

guevr001

Jan 25, 2008
Google Android
photos-software-tools-for-google-android_5.jpg

Just made a new Thread, cause the owner of the other one did not update post #1
REMEMBER THIS IS ONLY FOR THE KAISER!!!

Good ROM that boots Google Andoird all the time: [May 22] Dutty's Official WM6.1 5.2.19585 Test Version
Link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=394202

Cab file (Credit goes to: SH4Y):
http://rapidshare.com/files/112623915/SH4Y_s_Andriod_UI_Installer.CAB
http://www.filedropper.com/sh4ysandrioduiinstaller

Latest zImage (Credit goes to: dcordes):
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=88257&d=1211818766

Latest HaReT:
http://handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/HaRET

For more info: http://it029000.massey.ac.nz/vogue/

very sweet thank you for making this so much easier......Do you have any specific directions on how to install and where to put the files or do I have to read the last thread on this? (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=383695&page=53 ):D

Last edited:

xmoo

Aug 19, 2006
Eindhoven

ericmcintire

Jul 13, 2006
Thanks for this thread man... hopefully everyone will keep it clean... so to add something useful, isn't there a new default.txt file too?

echofloripa

Feb 13, 2007
ROM "Abandoned due to bugs"

Isn't there any other ROM compatible with android that hasn't got the "freezing" bug?

regards
emerson

xmoo

Aug 19, 2006
Eindhoven
Isn't there any other ROM compatible with android that hasn't got the "freezing" bug?

regards
emerson

The thing is Many Roms boots up HaReT. But this ROM boots it all the time....

How functional is this now? Enough to actually make calls with it?

It's almost functionalling 100%. But to make calls etc we need to active the radio. Nobody hasn't tried that yet. We first need to map de back to menu key. Then we can do the other stuff.

Err no. Too much other things to do :D

Same here :p

echofloripa

Feb 13, 2007
haret version and ROM

For what I've seen the haret 0.5.1 is the latest available there, and has exactly the same size as the one in the cab. Does it make a difference renaming the executable? Also you would need to delete the old one in order to rename.

I think it's worth saying that the earlier version of dutty's ROM doesn't load at all. I would presume that this image only load in the cited ROM?

Moskiitto

Nov 26, 2007
I got [Apr 29] Dutty's WM6.1 Hybrid v2 5.2.19716/5.2.19700 ROM

I'll try this and report does it work :)

xmoo

Aug 19, 2006
Eindhoven
For what I've seen the haret 0.5.1 is the latest available there, and has exactly the same size as the one in the cab. Does it make a difference renaming the executable? Also you would need to delete the old one in order to rename.

I think it's worth saying that the earlier version of dutty's ROM doesn't load at all. I would presume that this image only load in the cited ROM?

No. Bfore this one I had the 16 April rom. And it booted sometimes. 0.5.1 is the official version. But there are also 2 new beta's. I worked with the beta's. But with dutty's Diamond rom. No new haret is needed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is anyone having problems charging on Kaiser? I'm was using the latest basefiles and system-xrom1.4r3.sqsh so I switched to the Google-Ion-2009-09-12 bundle both from vogue-android on google code with fresh data.img, same problem. Charging will work for the first few hours and then without any changes, it will stop. It will charge for like 30 seconds and stop charging and the battery icon will go back to normal and in "battery status" it shows "not charging". A regular soft reboot will not fix this for some reason. Charges just fine in windows mobile, but to use android I have to reboot and charge in wm6 and when fully charged switch back to android. Anyone experienced this?
    Nice, I got it working on L26 V4 worked 1st time :)

Still a bit buggy of course but getting there

is l26 an lg device?

I will provide a zImage with our latest changes from the linuxtogo git later this day.

I will also upload a console image for testing purpose later (you can read the AT data from the arm9 in it. Just create a device node using mknod dev/smd0 254 2 and use cat /dev/smd0 to read from it. you will see incoming calls, sms etc.)
    This is one of the current mayor problems: We can read from the AT buffer but not write to it which is essential for any phone operations i.e. writing sms, making phone calls but also for using the gps. The gps deveice in kaiser is controlled also with AT send buffer. So once we hve it working we only need the msm_proc_comm work to make calls on the kaiser! If somebody knows what I'm talking about please have a look in arch/arm/mach-msm/smd-kaiser.c

Any hints/improvements appreaciated
    Can't make phone call

Hi every ones!!! :)

Android boot excellent, have internet connection but I can't make calls.

Someone can help me.

Thank you!!!
    I have a question: can I access my phone via USB when my phone is booted into Android and my computer is running Linux? It would makes sense to me, but it doesn't seem to be working.