[apr-3-09] nueUSBKeyboard 1.1, turn your phone into a USB Keyboard

Search This thread

FreeLancer2k7

Jun 11, 2007
Hello,

wow, thats a great software!
Two things I noticed:
- It uses a qwerty-keyboard by default, not the one you have on your Touch Pro (German Layout - QWERTZ)
- Win Key does not work

Best Regards

Greenturtle

Jun 17, 2006
Surrey
This looks amazing!

Can anyone confirm it working on an HTC Kaiser or with a Mac? I cannot get mine to function :/

chr5s11

Sep 20, 2007
I've just tried my luck with my Touch HD and a Vista 64-Bit PC and encountered a few problems:

1. The WIN key doesn't work
2. The Touch HD doesn't have a hardware keyboard and what I type with my softkeyboard doesn't appear in the active window on my PC

no2chem

Jul 18, 2007
This looks amazing!

Can anyone confirm it working on an HTC Kaiser or with a Mac? I cannot get mine to function :/

If I recall correctly, the HTC Kaiser USB stack is strange; It doesn't even support USB Mass Storage function.. Perhaps Kaiser USB Function stack needs an update...

I've just tried my luck with my Touch HD and a Vista 64-Bit PC and encountered a few problems:

1. The WIN key doesn't work
2. The Touch HD doesn't have a hardware keyboard and what I type with my softkeyboard doesn't appear in the active window on my PC

Do the Function (F1, Fx..) keys work? I'll see if there's a way to hook into the software keyboard.

Hello,

wow, thats a great software!
Two things I noticed:
- It uses a qwerty-keyboard by default, not the one you have on your Touch Pro (German Layout - QWERTZ)
- Win Key does not work

Best Regards

Ok, I'll take another look at the winkey and how to localize the layout... Question though, is your computer set to use german layout as well?

jbarns

Jan 13, 2009
doesnt seem to be working on my diamond. Only the alt ctrl del seems to work.

same here, the buttons that come with the program works but not the on screen keyboard.

Tested with diamond running might rom 4.7 on vista and XP. I assumed it wouldn't work on a PS3 as well.

I'll wait for an update, thanks no2chem!

segadc

Jan 14, 2007
It worked with my laptop. However, I had to reset it because the laptop keyboard did not work after plugging in my phone and using nueUSBkeyboard.

I also checked my 360 and it did not work at all.

Anything I can do to stop my laptop from not working and have it also work with my 360? Thanks!

artlan

Aug 7, 2007
Love the idea for this, and it worked pretty nicely on my Touch Pro :) The only issue I had was that the space bar registers as Alt and some other key (forgot now) was coming up as F1.

TrYde

Aug 8, 2007
Toulon
I expected it to fail on Kaiser, but it actually worked on first try ! (build 21032)

I have some feedback after a few tests :
- WinKey button on screen does not work
- Alt-tab feature cycles on my XP
- Layout is QWERTY instead of AZERTY and i can't find the letter 'M' :(
- Slower than remote control.
- Spacebar / Enter activates the button with focus on screen as well as sending keypress to the computer. Could be quickly fixed with a dummy button on screen that grabs focus all the time.

Other than that, it's a great piece of software ! It will come in handy for those servers i have at work without keyboard :)

Top Liked Posts