[ROM] kwbr Viewpad 4.2 :: BeatsAudio :: Flashplayer :: App2SD ,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸,.

Search This thread

VPAD7

Mar 14, 2012
Built a new rom with a few minor changes. Battery life is excellent.

So can i just download it from the first post the new rom with those minor changes ?
I have already some apps that i want to maintain how can i keep everything as it his and upload the this new rom ?

oxytw

Jul 20, 2009
Your viewpad must
1. rooted.
2. Install CWM
3. I'm not sure it's work with ITE version.

Boot to recovery mode and install from zip file.

Sent from my ViewPad7 using xda premium

i think my viewpad 7 is ITE , so the overclock kernal will mad touchpenal unuse, so .....

i had to still using 600mhz ................to slow ~

jdamianb

Apr 27, 2009
Viewpad 7 apps2sd

Hello,

I just intalled the ROM and everything works great! but I dont understand how is a2sd working on this rom.

I have a ext3 1GB primary partition created on my 8GB sd card, the rest is fat32 primary. SO I installed your rom then I go to shell from pc (adb shell) and exec the command "a2sd check" on su mode and I get the message:

Block Device - [X] Not Found
- [X] SD card cannot mount

Same error if I use the command "a2sd reinstall" on su mode.

So is a2sd supported by you rom? or I have to keep moving apps to sd card with application manager.

Let me know if I have to do some changes to get it work.

This is my viewpad info:

SW ver = 3.580
Model = FM6-001
HWVer = 107

Again thnx for this great ROM. :)

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Well.. It actually was an ext4 partition.. It was created by the CWrecovery partition tool... So I change it using gparted to Ext3 and all works fine now!

Thanx! Great ROM for ViewPad7 :):)

oxytw

Jul 20, 2009
U can upgrade a litle from supercharter v6 and iphone killer script from android hack forum.
And u will see , overclock is not the only way to make your viewpad7 faster.

because tune can't make Viewpad7 smooth to play rmvb & mpeg4 & flash
the final way is overclock
i done all way to make viewpad7 fast , but i think oc the usefull .

bothered

Jul 12, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S6
Samsung Galaxy S7
This is a very good and speedy rom it works well and fast for most thinsg i have tried

I would like to ask if there is any way i can uninstall the version of flash you have as I would like to install the 10.3 version I have and see how it varies?

the BBC website videos do not play with this version

My install
wiped data
ext3 1024
flashed rom 4.1
wiped data
flashed bluelitmus kernel
rebooted

edit: I actually downloaded a version of flash 10.3 for arm6 that worked ages ago http://www.sendspace.com/file/3blcan (copy link in new tab)
this worked and enabled videos on BBC website to be played fine

updating (flash or bbc iplayer v1.0) and youtube does not seem a good idea as you have to click on the hd icon in youtibe each time to let the video play - could be my 10.3 flash but its a minor issue

Last edited:

kwbr

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 17, 2007
This is a very good and speedy rom it works well and fast for most thinsg i have tried

I would like to ask if there is any way i can uninstall the version of flash you have as I would like to install the 10.3 version I have and see how it varies?
I will roll back from 11.0 to version 10.3 in an upcoming version.

kwbr

Oct 17, 2007
Version 4.2

New version is up. More tweaks, roll back to Flash player 10.3, updated busybox

Reactions: haree

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
some one help

hi
i just dont get it even this time i cant install angry bird via TB:mad::confused::(
can any one using a olivepad from india tell me if this is working. every time i have installed any KWBR rom i cant do this and this is :mad::mad::confused: me
so kindly help reg the same:(

arthurson

Dec 26, 2006
i sold my viewpad 7 for a month and bought a htc flyer instead, i still like viewpad 7, it's small and lighter.

Vcrone

May 11, 2007
For me Google Play Store does not work in v4.2. cannot open or update it. Went back to v4.1

Vcrone

May 11, 2007
Hi kwbr,
installed v4.2. again, Before restoring the apps with Titanium Backup I installed PlayStore 3.5.16 and run it. now every thin seems to be o.k.
THX

kwbr

Oct 17, 2007
Hi kwbr,
installed v4.2. again, Before restoring the apps with Titanium Backup I installed PlayStore 3.5.16 and run it. now every thin seems to be o.k.
THX
Hi vcrone, great things worked for you. Just be careful what to restore from a backup without messing up things. Especially when coming from another rom.

kwbr

Oct 17, 2007
hi
i just dont get it even this time i cant install angry bird via TB:mad::confused::(
can any one using a olivepad from india tell me if this is working. every time i have installed any KWBR rom i cant do this and this is :mad::mad::confused: me
so kindly help reg the same:(
Hi haree, think I explained that several times. Clean install, test the rom. To restore your angry birds scores simply copy back angry birds data in /data. You even can use an app from the play store to do that :) (search for angry birds in the store and you will find that)

Reactions: haree

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a fast and stable Viewpad 7 rom. I used the latest ViewSonic Viewpad 7 UK rom, version 3.620 as a basis.

For apps2sd create an 1024mb ext3 partition and cache size 0 with clockwork mod.

Don't forget to wipe after flashing the rom. Scroll down for version history.

Donate

Lots of goodies like black status bar, BeatsAudio, Flash Player, Apps2SD, super performance! All apps updated, new Google Play Store.

Downloads
    * kwbr rom for ViewSonic Viewpad 7
    Version history

kwbr 4.2 (Apr 2, 2012)

- Android-version 2.2.2
    - Kernel-version Apps_2.6.32.9
    - Build-number 4027_3_620
    - Rooted
    - Deodexed
    - Apps2SD
    - Black StatusBar
    - Battery Percentage Indicator on StatusBar
    - Automated log cleaning after reboot
    - BeatsAudio

- Updated
    . Adfree host file
    . Adobe Reader
    . Busybox
    . ES File Explorer
    . flash_image binary in /system/bin
    . Flash Player 10.3
    . Gmail
    . Google Play Store
    . GoogleQuickSearchBox
    . Google Music with BeatAudio
    . Hacker's Keyboard
    . su

- Removed
    . Ringtones
    . Alkido eBook reader
    . Filemanager
    . Latitude
    . Maps
    . News and Weather widget
    . Notepad
    . Places
    . RSS
    . Street
    . Talk
    . Touchpal keyboard
    . VoiceNote
    . Voice dial
    . Voice search
    . Last but not least I got rid of the annoying default bookmarks

Built for
    - Modelnumber Viewpad7
    - FTM:
    . SWVer=3.620
    . MODEL:FM6-0001
    . HWVer:106

For rooting your stock rom use SuperOneClickv1.7 which you can find in my repository.

Do mind to install the correct usb drivers. I had to install and run ViewSonic Switcher (SwitchUSB.exe) to get ADB working.
    Thank you very much.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

U can download Bluelimus form GHOME and update in from bootloader. Maybe it's work.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1333553
    Should work with this rom when you have non-ITE hardware.
    hi
    is this rom rooted , will it work for non ITE hardware and does this have apps2sd
    thanks in advance:D
    Hi haree, the rom is pre-rooted and includes the latest version of superuser and su (please read posts 1 and 2). apps2sd is not yet included because I don't need it and I built this rom for personal usage. If you want to testdrive I can build a rom with apps2sd included :)
    hi
    that was lightning fast thanks again buddy ill try and keep u posted on the same:)
    You're welcome. Upload is finished, please give your feedback and don't forget to hit the thanks button :)