Pleas update 3.1 os HTC

Search This thread

feherhollo

Jul 3, 2008
Budapest
I hope there will be an update release because honeycomb 3.1 is not optimized 100% for this hardware and device. So HTC please update Jetstream to 3.2 or ICS. 3.2fully support qualcomm dualcore processors and memory controllers. 3.1 is kill this device and hardware.
Thanks

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using Tapatalk 2

kailashpchhabria

Dec 4, 2011
Bangalore
Some news or updates from Htc? Or at&t?
S-off news or os upgrade?

Got a reply from AT&T regarding updates. They asked exactly what I was looking for. Have replied but no reply back as of yet. Hoping that something happens. Off till Sunday. Won't be checking in till Sunday or Monday. So hope they reply in that time. Also, no one seems to have done anything about the pictures globatron asked for. Or does anyone know how to cont ct him to know if the pictures I put up are what he wanted or not-if not, then to direct us as to what he wants?

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using XDA

o0 DIDDY 0o

Apr 7, 2011
Reading, Pa
Some news or updates from Htc? Or at&t?
S-off news or os upgrade?

I received this from HTC a 2 days ago. Same old song and dance....

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your feedback it is very important to us. I understand your frustration in regards to wanting android 4.0 on your device. I wish I could provide you with more info but we simply do not have it. We were given a list of what devices that would be getting the update. The Jetstream was not on that list. This does not mean it will not get it, we just don't have any information on it at this time. If you follow us on Facebook or Twitter, HTC will post information there as far as updates and release dates. If you have any more questions or feedback feel free to reply to this email, thank you and have a great day.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Nicole

HTC

Want to see what others are saying? Have a question to ask other HTC fans?

Become a fan of HTC facebook.com/htc
Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/htc
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel youtube.com/htc

Explore our development resources developer.htc.com

We are unable to receive replies to this email account. Please visit us at htc.com if you have any questions or need further assistance.

mgori

Jan 5, 2012
Oakville
A real shame!

I can honestly say that I admire the devotion you guys have for your Jetstream. Sometimes you just have to face reality though, HTC has abandoned this tablet. The HTC Flyer which is a cheaper, older, less powerful tablet gets an official announcement of ICS upgrade before a more expensive and more powerful tablet, that's saying something. If you guys got to the dev section and read pages 15-17 of the [ROM]<==Galaxy Task v3==>(3-17) AT&T Jetstream topic is should give you an idea where on HTC radar this tablet is. This is not a Flagship device for HTC because it has done so poorly in sales, even task650 who is a recognized developer who has made the HTC Jetstream the best it can be agrees with all of this. I remain somewhat hopeful that HTC will release ICS for this tablet but I don't expect it to be anywhere close to Q3 2012 or even Q4 2012 which is a shame because hardware wise this tablet is a beast. HTC rushed this tablet to compete with Apple/Samsung and left the software full of bugs and not optimized for the hardware.

If you guys hear back from AT&T or HTC please post results. Maybe the right amount of nagging will push HTC to be loyal to their customers.

**Fingers Crossed**

Last edited:
Dear Jordan,

Thank you for contacting HTC, Jordan.

I can understand how important it is to have the latest updates for both your phone and your tablet alike. There has been much speculation over the availability to update tablets to Ice Cream Sandwich. Word on the street is that ICS will be a phone based update and that tablets around the globe will get their own strain of software. Can this be confirmed? Absolutely not. Is this just talk around the water cooler? Absolutely.

The chances of seeing your tablet being updated to ICS are probably better than seeing this rogue update appear in the limelight. Seeing as we here in technical support are not privy to such information I cannot confirm nor deny anything. And as you have stated we certainly don't decide the who's and what's in the world of software updates. What I will be happy to do is forward your request/comment to our developers. We take all suggestions seriously and use this information when researching possible improvements or updates for our devices.

I would recommend staying up to date on all things ICS by following us on Twitter and Facebook as these sites are updated daily with the latest news.

I thank you for taking the time to forward your comments to us. It is always helpful to have customer input, positive or negative. If you need anything else Jordan do not hesitate to contact me again by email.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Bianca

HTC

The reply I got...

juannicolas

Mar 10, 2011
Caguas
I think I will be selling mine. Beautiful and powerful device but is in a dead stick to be forgotten and us user who payed for it and still paying to att for data plan are stuck with it with out any updates. It sucks. :(

kailashpchhabria

Dec 4, 2011
Bangalore
I think I will be selling mine. Beautiful and powerful device but is in a dead stick to be forgotten and us user who payed for it and still paying to att for data plan are stuck with it with out any updates. It sucks. :(

Sad to hear that.

I was thinking of asking all users here to bombard HTC and AT&T with a request asking for some release details about future details of upgrade/possibility of ICS. If probably many of us were to email them/contact them, may be just may be it may reach higher up in the organisation and help us see ICS soon.

Anyone up for this plan?

Perhaps we could fix a particular date when the message has spread to send the emails, then volume load on HTC and AT&T would definately be higher.

Last edited:

juannicolas

Mar 10, 2011
Caguas
Sad to hear that.

I was thinking of asking all users here to bombard HTC and AT&T with a request asking for some release details about future details of upgrade/possibility of ICS. If probably many of us were to email them/contact them, may be just may be it may reach higher up in the organisation and help us see ICS soon.

Anyone up for this plan?

Well I can contribute on that. Let me know the right email address and I will drop my cute and right to the point question :)

Reactions: kailashpchhabria

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sad to hear that.

Anyone up for this plan?

Well I can contribute on that. Let me know the right email address and I will drop my cute and right to the point question :)