Who am I gonna be seeing in the fifth Nexus phones section come the end of this year?

Search This thread

CaliTilt

Feb 15, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
The next Nexus phone will not be a LG phone Google will rotate to another manufacturer. I will wait for Nexus 5. I don't think that I will ever buy a non Nexus device again unless the Ubuntu phone really takes off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Reactions: zeus.k1987

deepayanneogi

Apr 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Moto X will not be a nexus programme, no direct aosp support and stock fastboot images, but a very close vanilla rom so quick upgrade path from Moto(<fingers crossed>)

Nephilim

Aug 16, 2010
Milwaukee
Honestly, I'm hoping for either a Sony, HTC or Samsung Nexus, preferably Sony. I like their sleek designs and I think if they were working with Google on the next Nexus model we would be in store for not only an amazing looking device but one with some really beautiful specs. :)

crixley

May 25, 2012
Honestly, I'm hoping for either a Sony, HTC or Samsung Nexus, preferably Sony. I like their sleek designs and I think if they were working with Google on the next Nexus model we would be in store for not only an amazing looking device but one with some really beautiful specs. :)

I find sonys newer designs kind of ugly, the xperia u for example. I don't like how boxy it is with sharp corners

Nephilim

Aug 16, 2010
Milwaukee
I find sonys newer designs kind of ugly, the xperia u for example. I don't like how boxy it is with sharp corners

I think it could look amazing with googles touch though. Look at the Nexus 4 as opposed to the Optimus G, they are exactly the same phone internally but Googles is way better looking. ;)

crixley

May 25, 2012
I think it could look amazing with googles touch though. Look at the Nexus 4 as opposed to the Optimus G, they are exactly the same phone internally but Googles is way better looking. ;)

I did like the look of older se phones like the arc and x10 though, so it definitely could be nice

Reactions: Nephilim
M

m.kochan10

Actually, I don't mind if new Nexus will be Samsung again. I took off the cover case and realized that the build quality doesn't feel cheap at all and I really like it. It's lightweight, slimt and it's not gonna break whenever it hits the floor. I think that glass back is a stupid idea. Even though it looks more premium when it's new. I have never had any bigger problems with my Samsung devices. HTC handsets on the other hand had some stupid connectivity issues.

HAKA

Jul 27, 2010
Moradabad
Nexus One is still the best in case of build quality, so I'll prefer an HTC Nexus or even a Sony Nexus.

zeus.k1987

Aug 22, 2012
new delhi
I'm in for this year's Nexus. I would love to see Sammy doing it again. But irrespective of the OEM I'm gonna buy it.

sent from my AOKP'd GneX using XDA

DonDizzurp

Aug 15, 2009
The Internet
google X phone by motorola rumoured to be released in may
rumours that LG is working on another nexus device
rumours that sony might be the manu for the 5th nexus phone ..

too early to tell, but im buying it regardless

Nephilim

Aug 16, 2010
Milwaukee
meh, all a matter of opinion...

I thought the nexus was huge, and now I have the s3. Before that I thought my skyrocket was huge.

Things change, opinions adapt.

I agree, the Gnex seemed large on paper but I can do everything no problem with one hand on it. It's even easier now because of AOSPA's PIE function.

I'll gladly grab up a Nexus devices that's 5" or even 5.5". :)

sconrad308

Jan 12, 2013
I read a rumor that this year or next that all the oem's will release their own Nexus type of device. That would be pretty sweet because then we could all have our choice of Nexus device we want.

msavic6

Jun 28, 2010
Vancouver
meh, all a matter of opinion...

I thought the nexus was huge, and now I have the s3. Before that I thought my skyrocket was huge.

Things change, opinions adapt.

I remember the conversations in the nexus one forum discussing the future nexus and the rumors of the 4.65" screen on the nexus when everybody expected 4.3". People went nuts saying they wouldn't purchase it, that it would be a clown phone because of how large it would be. Now millions of people rock note2's

Nephilim

Aug 16, 2010
Milwaukee
I read a rumor that this year or next that all the oem's will release their own Nexus type of device. That would be pretty sweet because then we could all have our choice of Nexus device we want.

Honestly I wish google would just get a little balls and tell all the companies they have to use vanilla, let the consumer base decided how they want to skin it after that. Then no one would have to wait around for updates, it would be one wave for everyone.

msavic6

Jun 28, 2010
Vancouver
Honestly I wish google would just get a little balls and tell all the companies they have to use vanilla, let the consumer base decided how they want to skin it after that. Then no one would have to wait around for updates, it would be one wave for everyone.

They can't do that since stock android is lacking features that regular consumers can't imagine a phone without: A note pad, to do list, voice recorder and just recently we got a improved clock app. All of which manufactur skins add and even some extra gimmick features for marketing sake.

Nephilim

Aug 16, 2010
Milwaukee
They can't do that since stock android is lacking features that regular consumers can't imagine a phone without: A note pad, to do list, voice recorder and just recently we got a improved clock app. All of which manufactur skins add and even some extra gimmick features for marketing sake.

I'm sure google could integrate these items if the XDA community is able too. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all, I've been a member here on XDA for almost 3yrs now and I've frequented multiple sections depending on the device(s) I was/am using at the time.

I have to say, the Galaxy Nexus community is by far my favorite hands down.

So I ask, Who can I expect to see in the next nexus section when google releases the 2013 iteration of the Nexus Flagship Device?

I really am hoping a lot of you that I have grown to love chatting with all are there with me. I passed on the Nexus 4 because frankly, I don't see enough innovation over my Gnex to deem it worth purchasing, thus why I am waiting for the follow-up device we most likely can all expect come around November of this year.

I just cannot see myself getting anything but a Google flagship vanilla phone after owning this fantastic device, nothing compares to the development, themes, kernels etc available. Not to mention we get the newest versions of everything first as well.

Anyway, Who's gonna be in the new forum right there with me when the "Nexus 5 aka 2013 Nexus" arrives?

*on a sidenote, I can only imagine what the AOSPA Team and AK Team is going to bring to the table. :D
    Depends on wether LG will make it... if so, then no, I will not buy the new Nexus.
    Any other company like Samsung, Motorola or Sony or even HTC though would be fine by me.
    if its by lg and samsung not me :eek:, i want some good quality body like by moto and sony :good:, had enough of plastic since nexus s, miss my moto milestone so much :(

Not a fan of LG but Samsung makes a quality phone in a lightweight container. I have never liked Motorola, always found their devices to be crap (just my opinion though). Sony or HTC for the next Nexus device and I'll be a happy camper. Although, I will get one if Samsung makes it again too.

Who am I kidding, if it's a nexus device google oversees the whole process so I will buy it regardless of the brand. :p
    depends on who makes it, but as of now, i plan on it.
    chances are, I will be there. but it all depends. the nexus 4 is a great device, but i am assuming the 2013 nexus is going to be 5"1080P, quad core, 13mp camera, huge battery, 2+GB ram ect. its going to be hard to stay away from it....no matter who makes it.