[Guide]Replace Holo theme with DeviceDefault (Sony Theme)

Search This thread

naheel azawy

Mar 10, 2012
doha/qatar
Hello everyone, as we all here like Sony style I decided to get rid of AOSP Holo theme and bring up Sony's style in place of it.
123.png

Requirements:

1. First decompile you framework-res.apk from /system/framework/
  2. Go to /res/values/styles.xml
  3. Find: <style name="Theme.Holo" parent="@style/Theme"> and replace it with: <style name="Theme.Holo2" parent="@style/Theme">
  4. Find: <style name="Theme.Holo.Light" parent="@style/Theme.Light"> and replace it with: <style name="Theme.Holo2.Light" parent="@style/Theme.Light">
  5. Find <style name="Theme.DeviceDefault" parent="@style/Theme.Holo"> and replace it with: <style name="Theme.DeviceDefault" parent="@style/Theme.Holo2">
  6. Find <style name="Theme.DeviceDefault.Light" parent="@style/Theme.Holo.Light"> and replace it with: <style name="Theme.DeviceDefault.Light" parent="@style/Theme.Holo2.Light">
  7. Add this to the end:
    Code:
        <style name="Theme.Holo" parent="@style/Theme.DeviceDefault" />
        <style name="Theme.Holo.Light" parent="@style/Theme.DeviceDefault.Light" />
    To be like this:
    1234.png

8. Recompile your framework-res.
  9. Create flashable zip and flash it with recovery.
  10. Reboot and enjoy.
  11. Tell me if worked with you :good:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone, as we all here like Sony style I decided to get rid of AOSP Holo theme and bring up Sony's style in place of it.
    123.png

Requirements:

1. First decompile you framework-res.apk from /system/framework/
    2. Go to /res/values/styles.xml
    3. Find: <style name="Theme.Holo" parent="@style/Theme"> and replace it with: <style name="Theme.Holo2" parent="@style/Theme">
    4. Find: <style name="Theme.Holo.Light" parent="@style/Theme.Light"> and replace it with: <style name="Theme.Holo2.Light" parent="@style/Theme.Light">
    5. Find <style name="Theme.DeviceDefault" parent="@style/Theme.Holo"> and replace it with: <style name="Theme.DeviceDefault" parent="@style/Theme.Holo2">
    6. Find <style name="Theme.DeviceDefault.Light" parent="@style/Theme.Holo.Light"> and replace it with: <style name="Theme.DeviceDefault.Light" parent="@style/Theme.Holo2.Light">
    7. Add this to the end:
      Code:
          <style name="Theme.Holo" parent="@style/Theme.DeviceDefault" />
          <style name="Theme.Holo.Light" parent="@style/Theme.DeviceDefault.Light" />
      To be like this:
      1234.png

8. Recompile your framework-res.
    9. Create flashable zip and flash it with recovery.
    10. Reboot and enjoy.
    11. Tell me if worked with you :good:
    Thanks for the tutorial.
    123.png

Requirements:

nice:)