[Solution] HC 3.1 OTA Difficulties 13% + Stock ODIN

Search This thread

Johnex

Feb 21, 2010
hey i got a stupid question:

i got tab 10.1 P7500 already on 3.1 HC

can i just flash the root exploit? using stock recovery?

just wanna make sure before i did something stupidly irreversible.

EDIT:

for those of you on locked 3.1 P7500 (indonesian edition) you can just skip the Odin flashing and directly place the root exploit to your root sd and then apply the update (just tried it and it works) i have root now.. moving on to CWM

Hi!
I have a 3g galaxy tab 10.1, and i forgot to do a backup of the original 3.1 with 3g. Now i have the 3.1 version without 3g, and that sucks. Could you send me a nandroid backup of your device, so i can get my 3g back? would be so sweet man, thanks in advance!

//John

wberry85

Mar 24, 2011
Performed this on retail 10.1 wifi and it works great! CWM + Root no problem.

I am getting an error though with everything I do when I powered back on...

Says:

Sorry! Use *#9900# to take log-

The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Force close | Report

I have rebooted several times.

Ideas?

mabalito

Aug 5, 2009
Hi!
I have a 3g galaxy tab 10.1, and i forgot to do a backup of the original 3.1 with 3g. Now i have the 3.1 version without 3g, and that sucks. Could you send me a nandroid backup of your device, so i can get my 3g back? would be so sweet man, thanks in advance!

//John

The file is here. It's the latest HC 3.1 with TouchWiz for the GT-P7500 (3G model). Flashable through CWM.

(Jag kör denna på min Galaxy Tab 10.1 ifrån Felia ;))

edgarpo

Jun 16, 2011
New York City
Does flashing the files format the data on the tab? I've found myself in a boot loop with static images however need to extract files before reformatting and starting anew. Any ideas if PDA overwrites the sdcard?

nick7920

Dec 28, 2007
don't use on USA version, error *#9900# I did and had to remove it , also will change to older version CWM and you will end up doing lot more work. once install does not have USA as country choice and Update from setting will not work.

adambobbyburgers

Dec 24, 2009
Texas
I odin'ed the pda_signed_p7105 and now my display coloration is screwed up. Any suggestions on what to do? I have retail wifi US version. I posted in the Q&A section with pics, but nobody has responded. Help is appreciated.

Edit: So I'm trying to go back to complete stock. I went to the "Look here first" thread, and went to this link [ROM]Stock US Retail WiFi listed in the "Available dowloads section". I download the boot_hc31.zip, recovery_hc31.zip, and system_hc31.zip and I know they contain IMG files. My question is how do I go about flashing them? again, I appreciate any help :)

Last edited:

jager555

Sep 26, 2010
Florida
Here's a solution that worked for me

Flash the below with ODIN (thanks to bonzai3558), extract the .md5 file from the zip, and in odin choose PDA and point to that file, keep everything else blank/default. Connect Tab with USB (after it is in download mode by power on +Volume down then volume up, so it shows the yellow android with shovel) then hit Start.

this ODIN version: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DDN6BYB2

and this pda md5: http://www.mediafire.com/?gcenefqc3khcc0c

Now when you check for OTA once your back up, itll work fine and get past 13% and go all the way (it is normal for it to stay a long time on 76%)

Best of all tablet is ROOTED

so this odin file is surely stock (and plays nice with the OTA update)

-PS: This odin file also will save your device if it is bricked or frozen (boot into download mode) power button + volume down button, then press volume up to select

*thanks pershoot for help as well

can you reupload this? Megaupload is no longer available?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's a solution that worked for me

Flash the below with ODIN (thanks to bonzai3558), extract the .md5 file from the zip, and in odin choose PDA and point to that file, keep everything else blank/default. Connect Tab with USB (after it is in download mode by power on +Volume down then volume up, so it shows the yellow android with shovel) then hit Start.

this ODIN version: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DDN6BYB2

and this pda md5: http://www.mediafire.com/?gcenefqc3khcc0c

Now when you check for OTA once your back up, itll work fine and get past 13% and go all the way (it is normal for it to stay a long time on 76%)

Best of all tablet is ROOTED

so this odin file is surely stock (and plays nice with the OTA update)

-PS: This odin file also will save your device if it is bricked or frozen (boot into download mode) power button + volume down button, then press volume up to select

*thanks pershoot for help as well
    this version of odin isn't seeing my tab. I have the samsung drivers installed. :/ But it still says unknown device when I go into fastboot mode and odin doesn't see it

edit: not sure what it is, my gigabyte mother board seems to hate samsung android devices. Worked like a champ with my wife's laptop. Thanks!