[HOW-TO] Get your Milestone back to stock

Search This thread

vladstercr

Oct 24, 2010
readandgetrich.com
Same here, i followed the procedure but no luck. Could you give me additinal info about which parts should be wiped before rolling back to stock rom from g.o.t?

Sent from my Milestone using XDA App

You dont have to wipe anything if you want to get back to stock. You just:

1. Turn off the phone.
2. Boot into the bootloader menu. (Power + Dpad Up)
3. Flash the stock sbf with RSD lite.

Let us know if this works!

kaka2004

Jun 12, 2009
guys i tried it. but when RSDlite said ''press manually to power up this phone'' it just got stuck at the android logo. what can i do??

cooldudeansari

Nov 6, 2010
hi guys,
i bought milestone in india 6months ago,still waiting for froyo..frustrating as hell

my question is if i flash my milestone with cyanogen 6 which is supposed to be
very close to 2.2 for milestone,then will i be able to get it back later to 2.1update1
stock rom that i am running now by the method described in this thread in the first post by using the .sbf ?

i am right now rooted with single click universal androidroot and overclocked at
1ghz..
please help guys..
i am new to the android scene...

Last edited:

cmstlist

Jan 11, 2010
Toronto
Google Pixel 4a
No matter what you do to your Milestone, if you can still get it into bootloader mode, you should still be able to flash the SBF. Just make sure you know which SBF restores your phone to the condition your carrier sold it in.

cooldudeansari

Nov 6, 2010
hey thanx a lot for the quick reply..i am honoured
i am wanted to try cm6 but wanted to be sure it doesnt turn out
to be a misadventure..

i want to follow the "noobs guide to 2.2 on milestone" on forums.whirlpool.net

which looks good,but this is for flashing motofrenzy
not for cm6,so can i use this guide and just replace the motofrenzy file with
cyanogen 6?

i know this is out of context for this post but if its not too much trouble i also wanted to know which link is the exact link for downloading the cyanogen 6 for milestone,
bcoz on the cyanogen website there are a lot of links...i am confused..
thanks in advance ,
any help would be very much appreciated.. :)

vladstercr

Oct 24, 2010
readandgetrich.com
hey thanx a lot for the quick reply..i am honoured
i am wanted to try cm6 but wanted to be sure it doesnt turn out
to be a misadventure..

i want to follow the "noobs guide to 2.2 on milestone" on forums.whirlpool.net

which looks good,but this is for flashing motofrenzy
not for cm6,so can i use this guide and just replace the motofrenzy file with
cyanogen 6?

i know this is out of context for this post but if its not too much trouble i also wanted to know which link is the exact link for downloading the cyanogen 6 for milestone,
bcoz on the cyanogen website there are a lot of links...i am confused..
thanks in advance ,
any help would be very much appreciated.. :)

1.Do a nandroid backup and save it to your pc
2.Flash the 2.2.1 GOT Firmware using this guide : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=811221
3.Install CM6 using this update 0.03-10.10.27 http://github.com/downloads/nadlabak...one-signed.zip
and the GOOGLE APPS
Google Apps (for HDPI devices): http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.ph...on#Google_Apps

cooldudeansari

Nov 6, 2010
same problem guys,please help..

guys i tried it. but when RSDlite said ''press manually to power up this phone'' it just got stuck at the android logo. what can i do??

i had flashed 2.2.1 got according to the guide here at xda forum..now i cant get it back to stock rom 2.1 southeast asia service edition..
please help...was afraid of this...

discoduck

Oct 5, 2007
Hi,

I'm from Canada and I'm using a Telus Milestone that's unlocked. I am currently using it with a Rogers SIM Card and running Cronos Froyo 1.3

I'd like to revert back to stock using this guide, but if I choose the 2.1 service, will my phone go back to being locked?

discoduck

Oct 5, 2007
I am now back to stock and running 2.2.1 Telus SBF.

My data doesn't work though, but I can make calls and receive text messages.

Is there something I'm missing?

vladstercr

Oct 24, 2010
readandgetrich.com
Nevermind, added the APN settings I needed for my carrier and it works now. :cool:

1. Does it run smoothly?
2. Do you have Launcher PRO installed? If yes how does it behave?
3. Does your ROM have Flash support and apps to sd?
4. Thanks!

I'm considering on leaving the 2.2.1 GOT and CM6 because of battery drain issues and also because of Launcher Pro issues and I want to know a good alternative. Thanks!

max_3000

Jan 6, 2010
Hey guys. I'm trying to flash to the Central Europe 2.1 sbf.

I extracted the .sbf from the .tar, and when I load RSDlite and select the file, it doesn't let me press Start! I'm running win7 x64 and I downloaded the x64 drivers.

Does my Milestone need to be rooted to do this? (If so I feel like such a noob)

I attached a screenshot, and censored that number because it might be important for all I know hehe..

60764384.jpg

bashok001

Nov 8, 2010
I am from INDIA.

I have 2.1 Service installed on my milestone. I am going to 2.2.1 froyo update by g.o.t. I want to return to my stock if it turns out to be a disaster.

Here are my specs:
Can someone please help me figure out what is the stock .sbf from rsddownload.motorola.com

Firmware Version: 2.1-update1
Firmware Config Version: GAS_EMEA_USASHLS00RTINT_P016
Baseband Version: 3GSMEPU91A_U_91.07_56I
Baseband Config Version: UCASHLSMR2EMEAB1B806D.0R
Kernel version: 2.6.29-omap1 milestcm@il93lnxebld05 #1
Build Number: SHOLS_U2_02.36.0

Also, plz guide me on how to infer data from these...I tried figuring out from file names on the site but Firmware config version isnt matching.

Plz help!

vladstercr

Oct 24, 2010
readandgetrich.com
I am from INDIA.

I have 2.1 Service installed on my milestone. I am going to 2.2.1 froyo update by g.o.t. I want to return to my stock if it turns out to be a disaster.

Here are my specs:
Can someone please help me figure out what is the stock .sbf from rsddownload.motorola.com

Firmware Version: 2.1-update1
Firmware Config Version: GAS_EMEA_USASHLS00RTINT_P016
Baseband Version: 3GSMEPU91A_U_91.07_56I
Baseband Config Version: UCASHLSMR2EMEAB1B806D.0R
Kernel version: 2.6.29-omap1 milestcm@il93lnxebld05 #1
Build Number: SHOLS_U2_02.36.0

Also, plz guide me on how to infer data from these...I tried figuring out from file names on the site but Firmware config version isnt matching.

Plz help!

Check out these: http://and-developers.com/sbf:milestone

bashok001

Nov 8, 2010
Hey guys. I'm trying to flash to the Central Europe 2.1 sbf.

I extracted the .sbf from the .tar, and when I load RSDlite and select the file, it doesn't let me press Start! I'm running win7 x64 and I downloaded the x64 drivers.

Does my Milestone need to be rooted to do this? (If so I feel like such a noob)

I attached a screenshot, and censored that number because it might be important for all I know hehe..
@max_3000 This is some issue with Win7...
Put your SBF in C:\ and rename it Something.sbf Browse to open the file. It works!

max_3000

Jan 6, 2010
@vladstercr i visited the link...There is nothing tht specifies INDIA in it. There is southeast asia. But india is not in Southeast. Plz help me pick specific file on that page

Does it really matter though? Just pic a file that supports your provider's cell network and it'll work. At least that's what logic tells me.. I could be wrong, so act at your own discretion or wait for a user who's smarter than me haha..

BTW, isn't there a risk of bricking my device if I rename the sfb file? (this might be a dumb question)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Imagine you have to send your Milestone to the customer service, would be better if it was "clean" or you want to downgrade it ? Here is how to :

- 0 : What you need : A Windows (sorry ^^), RSDLite and the drivers 32bits or 64bits

- 1 : Choose the right .sbf from here

- 2 : Plug the USB and shut your Milestone down

- 3 : Boot it in bootloader mode (press the D-PAD UP key while pressing the power button)

- 4 : Launch RSD Lite, your device should be in the list

- 5 : Select your .sbf file and click on start ans let it do, your phone will reboot at the end

Here we are, you have your clean Milestone !
    how do i know which SBF file to use if my country isn't listed there? (I'm from South Africa) Thanks

Hi dingeth:
    1) Are you rooted yet?
    2) Where'd you buy the phone from?
    3) Are you on the original ROM you bought it with?
    4) What do you see under settings > about phone > Firmware configuration version?

There's a chance your phone is actually running the same firmware as another country's. For example if you bought it from Expansys it's probably a UK milestone. In any case, if I read Wikipedia right, UMTS 2100 is the only frequency used in all of Africa. So your phone might be like the Euro/most-of-Asia 900/2100 version, but it could also be like the CDN/Thai/LatAm 850/1900/2100 version. You won't lose 3G from flashing the wrong one because they all have 2100, but you'd be best to stick to the closest one you can.

Now - if your phone is still in total stock condition, unrooted, then you have the opportunity to make a nandroid backup of the original state. Go to the root instructions using OpenRecovery. When you get to the stage where you're in the OpenRecovery menu, before you go and root the phone, make a full backup. Make two in fact - one with data, one without. And copy it somewhere safe.
    The only reason I posted this is because I indeed flashed my Milestone with the Miler build on the site and it killed my APN. I wasn't aware of the similarity between all the other carriers and mine, thank you for informing me! With that said, you say I should go.to the Droid forums, would that mean I can flash with a Droid rom??? :)

Sent from the Milestone

Well, I can't promise it will work, but I can tell you that other users from other regional carriers were able to put Droid ROMs on their CDMA Milestones with no trouble. Definitely keep that nandroid backup of yours around! But you should be using recovery images designed for the Droid, and taking your backups in there accordingly.

If you're looking to flash by SBF, these are the CDMA ones available:
    http://and-developers.com/sbf:droid

But take a look at this thread:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...s/69780-cellular-south-milestone-droid-3.html
    The Cellular South Milestone/Droid is the Droid A855 re-branded for regional carriers and given a model number of A854 to differentiate. Aside from the name change it also has a baseband which does NOT lock the data settings to one specific carrier.

DO NOT USE A RADIO UPDATE FROM VERIZON!

So long as you avoid using any SHX/SBF files from Verizon or update.zip files for updating the radio you should be fine. Any reputable ROM developer will have radio updates separate from their ROM so you should be good with any Droid ROM through ROM Manager or on this forum.

Also, you will need to add a custom apns-conf.xml file to /system/etc/ or an apns.xml file to /system/etc/customer/ in order to enable MMS on any third-party ROMs. You may want to check for and pull these files from your stock ROM before you start messing with custom ROMs.

So in other words - don't apply ROMs by SBF, and don't update the radio. Install a custom recovery instead (e.g. via rooting and then using ROM Manager), and then you can install Droid ROMs. And back up the files that the quote above tells you to.

Another thread to look at:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=865016
    Q: Has anybody got a copy of the .sbf's from the moto official site? The Eclair ones don't seem to be there any more. I've only got the central-europe one (service and non-service), should somebody need it.
    I'm looking for, khm, the German O2-one, non-service Eclair ;)