Android 4.4

Search This thread
G

ganon11000

Since Android 4.4 has low system requirements, do you think anyone will make a rom for our device?

as for NEON, Tonyp managed to make 4.3 work so I'm guessing it is possible with 4.4?

Nov 21, 2012
KittKatt would be awesome!

I sure hope someone will... I think it might run a lot better than jellybean versions considering the memory requirements... I just hope that not too much has changed 'under the hood' to make it work with current drivers. LG will never release new drivers.
To anyone who tries: Good luck and well done!!

NoelBonel

Oct 15, 2012
Well, we hope so...if pengus77 and tonyp doesn't hit a roadblock with android 4.4 sources. Well be satisfied with we have right now. Android 4.3 for our phones is doing great.

tuncay_93

Dec 18, 2011
Really hope for a 4.4 ROM that would be GREAT
Out there are alredy custom AOSP roms on the nexus 4 i think and the HTC one i read that on google :p
But i reckon it will be possible for most devices with cyanogenmod

NoDze

You all do realize that this ain't such an easy thing to accomplish? Aside the "low memory requirement" that 4.4 offers, it is still a long shot. First of all, there's the thing with the drivers that we are stuck on since android 4.0, LG's final update. tonyp and pengus have done an amazing job regarding this, but as all of you might know, tony is upgrading. I'm not sure if to the N5 or Z1Mini, but regardless in one of his posts on the "The Rom" thread he stated that he yet does not know what to do with his love-hate o2x. Second of all, even cyanogenmod stated that they won't be updating older devices regardless of the 512mb requirement. Then there's NEON and the fact that even Google abandoned our Tegra. Other than that, I am more than satisfied with his 10.2 rom, and I'm currently using it as a daily driver. Other than that, install linux, sync repos and cook roms. This community has yet to die. Oh, or theme. Theming works well. :)

I may be new to the O2X community, but I read a lot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-05-21-46-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-05-21-46-22.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 681
  • Screenshot_2013-11-05-21-46-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-05-21-46-32.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 700
G

ganon11000

You all do realize that this ain't such an easy thing to accomplish? Aside the "low memory requirement" that 4.4 offers, it is still a long shot. First of all, there's the thing with the drivers that we are stuck on since android 4.0, LG's final update. tonyp and pengus have done an amazing job regarding this, but as all of you might know, tony is upgrading. I'm not sure if to the N5 or Z1Mini, but regardless in one of his posts on the "The Rom" thread he stated that he yet does not know what to do with his love-hate o2x. Second of all, even cyanogenmod stated that they won't be updating older devices regardless of the 512mb requirement. Then there's NEON and the fact that even Google abandoned our Tegra. Other than that, I am more than satisfied with his 10.2 rom, and I'm currently using it as a daily driver. Other than that, install linux, sync repos and cook roms. This community has yet to die. Oh, or theme. Theming works well. :)

I would love to learn how to code / cook ROMs but from what I've worked out you need to have a dedicated machine for the job?

NoDze

I would love to learn how to code / cook ROMs but from what I've worked out you need to have a dedicated machine for the job?

Well, you do at least need a machine with linux dual boot. Cooking is far easier today than it was just a few years ago, I mean tony has a tutorial for cooking your own CM10 build, but yeah, it all depends on linux. There's a lot to download, also (I remember AOSP sources from 4.0 to be like 2 gigs. Or was it 2.3? Don't know, it was for the Optimus GT540 some time ago). All in all, it does take time, patience and some luck. I mean, every recognized contributor earned the title simply by trying. Try, fail, but don't brick and you'll do it :D

G

ganon11000

Issue is Linux has never worked well for me (force closes everyware! Which version would you recommend?

tuncay_93

Dec 18, 2011
Guys anybody follow the XDA portal ? 5-6 phones (HI END PHONES which 2x is not since years :D ) are getting kit kat roms latest Moto X early one X and GS4 coming rly soon if it doesnt alredy have :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KittKatt would be awesome!

I sure hope someone will... I think it might run a lot better than jellybean versions considering the memory requirements... I just hope that not too much has changed 'under the hood' to make it work with current drivers. LG will never release new drivers.
    To anyone who tries: Good luck and well done!!

Hello, what is on our LG 2X worker kit kat?

Sorry for my English

check its thread in the development section, it's promising.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium