Future Of The Samsung Infuse 4G (OS 4.3 and 5+)

Search This thread

Androidrick

Jan 11, 2013
Quebec
So if it's up to us to help with either developing roms or donating to our favorite devs. We gotta keep the infuse going :)

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 4
Even If i love my infuse sooooo much.... with just a single core processor, It's more than sure that his future is more than short. I think that android 4.3 is the last resort we will have on this beautiful phone

TulsaDavid

Mar 10, 2011
Tulsa
DavidTechnologies.com
Actually, according to Google's outline for technical improvements, 4.3.x appears to be the start of fixes that should culminate in 4.4, which they claim will accommodate older hardware. We have devs who have kept the version updates coming, and I'm persuaded we'll see 4.4 for the Infuse.

After that, your prediction is inevitable. The Infuse has been a great ride, a fine product, and hopefully it has another major version update (KitKat) worth of good usage.

Androidrick

Jan 11, 2013
Quebec
Actually, according to Google's outline for technical improvements, 4.3.x appears to be the start of fixes that should culminate in 4.4, which they claim will accommodate older hardware. We have devs who have kept the version updates coming, and I'm persuaded we'll see 4.4 for the Infuse.

After that, your prediction is inevitable. The Infuse has been a great ride, a fine product, and hopefully it has another major version update (KitKat) worth of good usage.

I like this phone so much. With all the guys keeping that big boy alive like Scott, it's sure we have some chances to see it on the infuse. The point is that the old kernel is getting harder to get it working with all the new features we already had and the future ones. I know that Scott is working on a new kernel but i think that his projet is on the ice right now so I hope that he get his magic hands on this sometime this year. Fingers crossed :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: Terr20114

Terr20114

Jun 5, 2013
St. Ann
The infuse isn't old n dead yet, :D I've been pushing this phone to the max, the biggest downfall though is the 500MB ram, if i freeze unused apps I can run any high quality game, I think 3d games are good ways to benchmark. Without any apps frozen the infuse runs dead trigger 2 perfectly on low graphic settings, on high there's lag but freeze a few apps and watch it disappear, smoooth game play. I wanna see at least another year of the sturdy INFUSE 4G

Reactions: yogi.306

Ryanscool

Aug 30, 2011
Denver
I would have kept using my infuse after my iPhone broke, but I figured out my sim card tray was broken. So I got my note 3. I still use my old infuse as an ipod sometimes, would love to see it get more updates! Trust me though if you think your infuse is nice (which is what I thought) when you upgrade you will be amazed. I'm not planning on changing the rom anytime soon, it is great the way it is. The infuse is one heck of a phone though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Terr20114

Jun 5, 2013
St. Ann
I would have kept using my infuse after my iPhone broke, but I figured out my sim card tray was broken. So I got my note 3. I still use my old infuse as an ipod sometimes, would love to see it get more updates! Trust me though if you think your infuse is nice (which is what I thought) when you upgrade you will be amazed. I'm not planning on changing the rom anytime soon, it is great the way it is. The infuse is one heck of a phone though.

I sat using the s4 for a few minutes and i was amazed! It's such a great device, makes me feel like I wanna move up from the infuse. Where I'm from tho the s4 is waay to expensive ($106,000... Jamaica) I want to buy a new phone for me and my girlfriend she likes the infuse but I hate the idea of leaving her behind. With an infuse while I move to something better... Maybe a S2 skyrocket. I would like to get us 2 great phones that will last awhile in the world of updates.

Ryanscool

Aug 30, 2011
Denver
Disregard this post sorry

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

I sat using the s4 for a few minutes and i was amazed! It's such a great device, makes me feel like I wanna move up from the infuse. Where I'm from tho the s4 is waay to expensive ($106,000... Jamaica) I want to buy a new phone for me and my girlfriend she likes the infuse but I hate the idea of leaving her behind. With an infuse while I move to something better... Maybe a S2 skyrocket. I would like to get us 2 great phones that will last awhile in the world of updates.

The S2 would be good. Thinking of any others?

Terr20114

Jun 5, 2013
St. Ann
Disregard this post sorry

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

The S2 would be good. Thinking of any others?

She's in love with big screens that's why she wanted the infuse. I've been doing some thinking: she's only using the phone for regular calls/texts, social networking and maybe mild games like fruit ninja. The infuse is fully capable of doing that. Since she likes it that much maybe I'll get her one :).

Ryanscool

Aug 30, 2011
Denver
She's in love with big screens that's why she wanted the infuse. I've been doing some thinking: she's only using the phone for regular calls/texts, social networking and maybe mild games like fruit ninja. The infuse is fully capable of doing that. Since she likes it that much maybe I'll get her one :).

It's a pretty good phone, but if you have used the s3 and up, you will notice the drop in pixels easily if you have good eyes. It used to not bother me, but now that I've been using high resolution phones for a while, it can bother me pretty easily now. The phone sounds good for her though. She probably won't care in the long run that it doesn't have an hd display.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Per engadget.com, Android 4.4 KitKat has arrived and focuses on budget phone performance.

Sounds quite promising in regard to the Infuse.

It sounds nice, hopefully Scott or someone will port it over though.

Terr20114

Jun 5, 2013
St. Ann
It's a pretty good phone, but if you have used the s3 and up, you will notice the drop in pixels easily if you have good eyes. It used to not bother me, but now that I've been using high resolution phones for a while, it can bother me pretty easily now. The phone sounds good for her though. She probably won't care in the long run that it doesn't have an hd display.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

It sounds nice, hopefully Scott or someone will port it over though.

She doesn't worry about hd displays. She's coming from BlackBerry too so it'll be a great run. :) I think I'll stick with the infuse for a while. Wanna see how far I can push it. Love passing limits and expectations.

Ryanscool

Aug 30, 2011
Denver
She doesn't worry about hd displays. She's coming from BlackBerry too so it'll be a great run. :) I think I'll stick with the infuse for a while. Wanna see how far I can push it. Love passing limits and expectations.

Are you going to modify it to run cyanogenmod or keep it on gingerbread?

MajorLeagueROM

Mar 18, 2013
Scott is already working on it :good: he said maybe something tonight if he can get it together in time but theres like a 1% chance it'll be stable

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I keep wondering what the future of the Samsung Infuse 4G will be like... :confused: Will it get the Jellybean 4.3 Update, Will it ever see OS Keylime Pie?

Infuse-4G-Improvement-Project.jpg

Now, I'm not planning to change my phone until next year and I also love to be on the new operating systems.
    I know many Infuse users share the same thoughts.

We need to help somehow in the development of new ported roms for our phones. We all wanna have the new CM 10.2 and the future CM ROMs. If its donation to our favorite Developers or a helping hand in developing or learning the whole thing and trying yourself (which is what I plan to do) I think its worth it.

I'm new here and these are my views and my first post. Hope other Infuse users feel the same... Terr20114

:cool:

The developers are already working on 4.3 for the infuse" here take a look!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda app-developers app
    Well my friend, I wish we had a crystal ball to see the future of our beloved Infuse 4G.
    But I believe we have something way better: Developers with such dedication as Scott and many more that keep our little workhorse up to date. We can proudly boast as of today to the galaxy S4 & galaxy Note 2 owners out there that our phone that came out in 2011 has the latest Android update 4.3.05 while they are eagerly waiting for their carrier to drop an update.
    Hopefully we might get android 5.0, but for a unit that was abandoned by Sammy on v. 2.3.6... We have come a loooong way my man.

My respects to all the Devs out there who make this possible for us.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium
    So if it's up to us to help with either developing roms or donating to our favorite devs. We gotta keep the infuse going :)

I keep wondering what the future of the Samsung Infuse 4G will be like... :confused: Will it get the Jellybean 4.3 Update, Will it ever see OS 4.4 KitKat?

Infuse-4G-Improvement-Project.jpg

Now, I'm not planning to change my phone until next year and I also love to be on the new operating systems.
    I know many Infuse users share the same thoughts.

We need to help somehow in the development of new ported roms for our phones. We all wanna have the new CM 10.2 and the future CM ROMs. If its donation to our favorite Developers or a helping hand in developing or learning the whole thing and trying yourself (which is what I plan to do) I think its worth it.

I'm new here and these are my views and my first post. Hope other Infuse users feel the same... Terr20114

:cool: