TMobile Internet Settings

Search This thread

Ebes1099

Feb 22, 2006
Texas
I have an unlocked Cingular 8125 that I am using on TMobile. I can't seem to figure out how to get my Data plan working on it. Can anyone explain what settings I need to change, i.e GPRS and MMS. Thanks.

jeeb75

Mar 24, 2005
For GPRS/EDGE setting in T-MO USA do the following:

Press start then go to settings then connections and then connections.

Then add new modem connection

Under select a modem pick cellular line. then click next.

Under phone number insert internet2.voicestream.com

lvlolvlo

Mar 12, 2005
www.lvlolvlo.net
no no no......internet2 will only cause problems later on.....here just do the following....

Hard Reset your device after which before it starts installing all of the cingular customization quickly soft reset (This is where it sayd installing applications in 3...2...1..)
After you soft reset just install the files in the order I have them listed saving the registry cab for the end. Once you have done all this press and hold the power button until it says "data loss can occur...blah blah balh" hit OK and the unit will switch off. When it switches off count 3 and just press the power buton one time to turn the unit back on.

You should be in the clear now.

Attachments

• t-mobile_114.zip
    374.5 KB · Views: 875

eb

Dec 24, 2005
lvlolvlo said:
no no no......internet2 will only cause problems later on.....here just do the following....

What do you mean internet2 will cause problems later on? I used to use internet3 here in New York, then all of a sudden I could not connect to the internet using the GPRS unless I was in say Washington, DC. Upon on reading something in a chatroom regarding various settings, I saw the internet2 specified, and switched the official tmobile cab set network obtained from club imate from internet3 to internet2 and it has worked ever since. But I have noticed when traveling up and down the Eastern Seaboard that I do have to change the setting.

lvlolvlo

Mar 12, 2005
www.lvlolvlo.net
wap.voicestream.com is T-Mobile's main data line....from there you get to hop onto internet2 or internet3. It is best to have it set to wap.voicestream.com as you would benefit from this the most.

The reason why I said it would cause problems later on is that what if T-Mobile changes something or applies some changes (like reserving internet3 only for VPN customers) then you would be effected by this change.....so it's better to leave somethings default but tweak the hell out of the rest of th deivce! ;)

A note about internet3....this is reserved specifically for those indivduals who have added VPN access to their accounts...you know the plan that allows you to use VPN access i think it's an additional 5$-10$ more per month....

jeeb75

Mar 24, 2005
you are probably right about the wap.voicestream.com I just posted what works for me. thanks for the cab, i will probably use it after i do a future rom upgrade.

Mar 17, 2006

Hard Reset your device after which before it starts installing all of the cingular customization quickly soft reset (This is where it sayd installing applications in 3...2...1..)
After you soft reset just install the files in the order I have them listed saving the registry cab for the end. Once you have done all this press and hold the power button until it says "data loss can occur...blah blah balh" hit Ok and the unit will switch off. When it switches off count 3 and just press the power buton one time to turn the unit back on.

You should be in the clear now.

any specific area i should install this on the phone? folders? thanks.

lvlolvlo

Mar 12, 2005
www.lvlolvlo.net
1. Download the file
2. Unzip the file
3. Right click the folder just before you see the files and make it "Read Only"
4. Transfer to device (I personally like keeping them on a storage card)
5. Open File Explorer and install one by one
a. Tap on file
b. Leave default setting of installing to Device
c. Tap Install
d. Tap OK (top right corner after successful install)
e. Repeat a-e for all cab files
6. Press and hold down power button until data loss message box comes up
7. Tap OK (unit will now power-off)
8. Power unit back on....enjoy life....

Although I must say you should consider flashing your device with the iMate 2.16 ROM....I have it running and I'm loving it! If you don't need it at least consider flashing your device with the original T-Mobile ROM available here. What's the point of doing either...

iMate - Faster, included Java support, AKU2 (MS Security/Push Technology)
T-Mobile Original - Other than physical appearance your device will function just like a stock T-Mobile MDA

KwaZyLiLoBoY

Mar 28, 2006
hi, i just updated my o2 mini s to the new rom from o2 uk.. ive been able to conect to tzones before.. now i cant.. PIE will stay at Locating before popping up an error message.. anything i can do to fix it? or get my tzones working again? thank you

crazyut

the same for Cingular 8525 for t-mobile US

Will the t-mobile file in the previous message install t-mobile settings to work on an unlocked Cingular 8525? If not, does anyone have the settings? I could not get the ones at t-mobiles US or UK site to work. I will be brave and install while in Windows Mobile 5 (against my better judgememt)

Thanks!

FYI:

I did not hard reset it but simply installed the files in the order within the zip. I did get a waring on the registry edits.cab about being designed for an earlier version of windows. Anyway, I did the Power + OK button reset. Upon loggin, the HotSpot Login shows in the Connections and I was successfully able to send a MMS message my gmail account!

Last edited:

peraltah

Sep 26, 2006
New York
www.myspace.com
1. Download the file
2. Unzip the file
3. Right click the folder just before you see the files and make it "Read Only"
4. Transfer to device (I personally like keeping them on a storage card)
5. Open File Explorer and install one by one
a. Tap on file
b. Leave default setting of installing to Device
c. Tap Install
d. Tap OK (top right corner after successful install)
e. Repeat a-e for all cab files
6. Press and hold down power button until data loss message box comes up
7. Tap OK (unit will now power-off)
8. Power unit back on....enjoy life....

Although I must say you should consider flashing your device with the iMate 2.16 ROM....I have it running and I'm loving it! If you don't need it at least consider flashing your device with the original T-Mobile ROM available here. What's the point of doing either...

iMate - Faster, included Java support, AKU2 (MS Security/Push Technology)
T-Mobile Original - Other than physical appearance your device will function just like a stock T-Mobile MDA

100% Correct use the wap.voicestream.com and follow the instructions above

saadistic

May 22, 2007
Thanks lvlolvlo

Hey lvlolvlo thanks for the tmobile file....really helped. I spent a lot of time googling settings with no luck, i tried calling tmobile with no luck....but your post really helped. thanks!

JustWannaVW

Jun 21, 2007
Sorry if this is a horrible question but...

When trying to flash my 8125 I'm receiving an invalid vendor ID message and I'm told the updater can not update my device.

Any help would be awesome.

mrdanboone

Sep 21, 2007
help

ok. ive been reading these posts all week and still need help. i have a 8125. i do not have cingular, i have tmobile. i have unlocked the phone. when i had my tombile phone i paid for pic and vid txts and AIM. i didnt pay for internet. how did i change the settings on my 8125 so i can send and reiceve pic and vid txts. i have tried following almost every step ive read and cant get it working. ive called tmobile and they have sent all types of IP numbers andect. but i have know idea where to input them. every despription isnt how i see it on the phone. someone plz help.

dan wilson

polishthug9999

Oct 31, 2007
help me too

ok. ive been reading these posts all week and still need help. i have a 8125. i do not have cingular, i have tmobile. i have unlocked the phone. when i had my tombile phone i paid for pic and vid txts and AIM. i didnt pay for internet. how did i change the settings on my 8125 so i can send and reiceve pic and vid txts. i have tried following almost every step ive read and cant get it working. ive called tmobile and they have sent all types of IP numbers andect. but i have know idea where to input them. every despription isnt how i see it on the phone. someone plz help.

dan wilson

i have the same problem :( please help!!
-Bart

youjustdie

Mar 16, 2008
Ok, i think im getting this, i also like everyone else here has a 8125 with T-Mobile. But i cant access the itnerent or send MMS.

So dose this mean i have to flash my cell phone with either the iMate or hte toehr MDA rom?

if i do will all hte wifi and all hte drivers work still like bluetooth and such?

pyrorob

Oct 19, 2006
Hickory, NC
OnePlus 6T
t mobile settings

alright everyone, if you have the 5.99 tzones, 1. enter wap.voicestream.com in the apn info, 2. make sure you set the PROXY: 215.155.165.50 port 8080 for http and default ports for the rest, 3. make sure you change the default Internet connection to the one with the proxy under connections/advanced/select networks. and for email with the tzones you have to change the settings for your email to connect with the proxy connection or every time it checks email it'll disconnect and reconnect, and then you'll have to disconnect and reconnect to surf the web.

now for the full internet plan you dont need the proxy, the internet2 and 3 are for the blackberry plan and vpn plan if memory serves me correctly.

cmarti

May 7, 2006
Nice thread!

Just used to configure a 8125 that I got of Craigslist yesterday, everything is working now on T-Mobile MMS SMS and internet.