Root/Unlock/CM for Sony Xperia ION L28h?

Search This thread

halaf17

Jan 2, 2013
If some one maybe please i`ve been searching the whole day on how to find root and unlock the bootloader for ION L28H ...i tried to unlock via the official way but when i press the VOL UP button and put the usb the LED lights up and after a few secs the SONY logo shows up...

abhaysk94

Sep 13, 2013
Bangalore
If some one maybe please i`ve been searching the whole day on how to find root and unlock the bootloader for ION L28H ...i tried to unlock via the official way but when i press the VOL UP button and put the usb the LED lights up and after a few secs the SONY logo shows up...
these are the possible reasons for that to happen
1) u dont hav the drivers for ur phone
download "pdaNet"(just search in google) install with ur phone connected.
2)if u r using USB 3.0 connect to USB 2.0
in my laptop i cant enter fastboot when i connect it to usb 3.0
samething happened to me too at first this fixed it.

halaf17

Jan 2, 2013
these are the possible reasons for that to happen
1) u dont hav the drivers for ur phone
download "pdaNet"(just search in google) install with ur phone connected.
2)if u r using USB 3.0 connect to USB 2.0
in my laptop i cant enter fastboot when i connect it to usb 3.0
samething happened to me too at first this fixed it.

Tried to install pdaNet...failed ...after the instalation it asks me to put my usb cable on my phone i do that while usb debuging is allowed...and it says failed blabla :/

CRHASH

Apr 25, 2012
Stockholm
Tried to install pdaNet...failed ...after the instalation it asks me to put my usb cable on my phone i do that while usb debuging is allowed...and it says failed blabla :/

Are you sure it says that your bootloader can be unlocked in service menu
7378423 in dialer i think

Sent from my Xperia ion using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

halaf17

Jan 2, 2013
If some one can find me a way to unlock the bootloader on L28H i will be very glad...cuz i just bricked my phone and i`m flashing a rom for locked bootloaders

Najuto9tail

Aug 25, 2011
Lajas, PR
Go to: http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/ and read everything!
At the bottom click 'Start Unlocking the Bootloader'
Quote:
First, you should confirm that it is possible to unlock the boot loader of your phone by checking the service menu. In your phone, open the phone dial pad and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.

In your phone, tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.
After you have verified that you can unlock bootloader, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Continue"
You will get "Are you sure prompt" accept it by clicking "yes i am sure" (i assume that you have read an understood it)
Then accept the "legal terms"
Finally you will get a "Create Unlock request" page, enter your IMEI (sometimes the last digit needs to be removed for this to work), name and email address
You should now receive your unique unlock key, its displayed on screen, SAVE THIS KEY SAFELY
Extract fastboot_with_Android_USB_file.rar and open fastboot folder
Hold SHIFT and right click on the background of the folder
Select 'Open command window here'
Connect your phone in fastboot mode (turn phone off, hold Volume UP button and plug in USB Cable) [make sure drivers are installed as explained above)
In the cmd windows type in fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version
If a value is returned (it will return 0.5), it means the phone is correctly connected
Type in fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY and replace KEY with the key which you received earlier.
Your device should now be bootloader unlocked

From here- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1753261

Is the same for any ION. Some can be unlocked, some can not be unlocked.

Reactions: Toledo_JAB

NISHANTJ_2K

Oct 17, 2008

do you have the Unlock key from sony?
and what happens when you plug in the USB cable? I didnt faced the any issue with USB 3.0 at all but it may be an factor for you.

Last edited:

halaf17

Jan 2, 2013
do you have the Unlock key from sony?
and what happens when you plug in the USB cable? I didnt faced the any issue with USB 3.0 at all but it may be an factor for you.

Yes i have the key from Sony but when i connect the phone to pc in fastboot my PC says that it could not recognize it and my phone then boots to the battery logo....EVEN THOUGH i have installed the DRIVERS via the flashtool (flashtool drivers)

NISHANTJ_2K

Oct 17, 2008
Yes i have the key from Sony but when i connect the phone to pc in fastboot my PC says that it could not recognize it and my phone then boots to the battery logo....EVEN THOUGH i have installed the DRIVERS via the flashtool (flashtool drivers)

then try to boot in fastboot mode via flash tool itself.
once device is in fast boot mode follow the instructions to unlock the boot loader. and It is not necessary to unlock bootloader to install custom rom. it is only required if you want to install custom kernel. recovery can be installed without unlocked boot loaer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Go to: http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/ and read everything!
    At the bottom click 'Start Unlocking the Bootloader'
    Quote:
    First, you should confirm that it is possible to unlock the boot loader of your phone by checking the service menu. In your phone, open the phone dial pad and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.

In your phone, tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.
    After you have verified that you can unlock bootloader, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Continue"
    You will get "Are you sure prompt" accept it by clicking "yes i am sure" (i assume that you have read an understood it)
    Then accept the "legal terms"
    Finally you will get a "Create Unlock request" page, enter your IMEI (sometimes the last digit needs to be removed for this to work), name and email address
    You should now receive your unique unlock key, its displayed on screen, SAVE THIS KEY SAFELY
    Extract fastboot_with_Android_USB_file.rar and open fastboot folder
    Hold SHIFT and right click on the background of the folder
    Select 'Open command window here'
    Connect your phone in fastboot mode (turn phone off, hold Volume UP button and plug in USB Cable) [make sure drivers are installed as explained above)
    In the cmd windows type in fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version
    If a value is returned (it will return 0.5), it means the phone is correctly connected
    Type in fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY and replace KEY with the key which you received earlier.
    Your device should now be bootloader unlocked

From here- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1753261

Is the same for any ION. Some can be unlocked, some can not be unlocked.