[ROM} CyanogenMod 7 for the Motorola Defy :: V7.1.0 (9 Oct 2011)

Search This thread

MeatyCoins

Aug 7, 2007
For Users Using TMO-US Defy & TMO service, after installing CM7, which baseband do you choose after it is done booting ? I get all Emergency Calls Only using the TMO bands

chagla

Nov 30, 2010
i did the update for cm7, but the phone doesnt boot into anything past the boot animation. it just keeps looping that animation and nothing else!

EDIT: oops, realized i hadnt wiped before updating.. so i just pulled the battery out, booted into the cem recovery and wiped. rebooted again and it worked. sisnt have to redo the whole flashing process.

i forgot to wipe too. noob here. i also got stuck on the boot loop screen.

how did u go into recovery and wiped it? (i have a motorola defy).

i held the power and volume down together, i got a android with <!> mark. please help.

iamnik

Jan 29, 2011
Can anyone confirm that Microsoft Exchange email works in this? That is the most important thing to me.

A synced Exchange calendar would also be useful :)

twa_priv

Feb 10, 2011
Can anyone confirm that Microsoft Exchange email works in this? That is the most important thing to me.

A synced Exchange calendar would also be useful :)
Yes, it exchange mail works fine. I'm not synching the calendar but I'm pretty sure it works as well.

The only annoyance is that the exchange folder structure (if you organize your email in folders) is not shown in the folders list as it does with the stock email client. All folders (independent of their level) are shown in a single list. But that's not a problem with the CM7 Defy port, it's a problem with CM's email client I think.

But that's something I don't care to trade in for all the other benefits CM7 offers. And there are other email clients as well (e.g. K-9) but I haven't tried them.

kadofl

Nov 18, 2009
Brussels
Hey, i'm using cm7 for defy from the first second and i'm happy that we have an own official fork ;)

Now i have a question nobody was able to answer me in the past.
How can I install the "Multitouch-Keyboard" from Froyo Roms in CM7. I'm wondering for ages now, may you help me? :D

Greetings

raliSHA

May 25, 2011
Rijeka
So, i first asked up in the general section, begginer's guide but maybe it's better to ask here so ill quote myself:

So, i wanted to install cm7 stable today...flashed 2.2.2 cee, rooted it, installed the last 2ndinit version from the market, installed the recovery that says that it is for cm roms, wiped, rebooted, rebooted into custom recovery, wiped everything again and went on to install the update cm 7.1.0 jordan signed .zip.....the installation begun and then after the bar went to about 10% i just got a black screen and then an M logo.

Nothing could be done but flashing a new fresh sbf.

What could cause such behaviour

cold there be a problem with the rom, in 2nd init or is there maybe some kind of a problem in my sistem partitioning or something like that? Tried the second time, it happened exactly the same :confused:

grannyrogers

Jan 20, 2010
College Station
So, i first asked up in the general section, begginer's guide but maybe it's better to ask here so ill quote myself:

cold there be a problem with the rom, in 2nd init or is there maybe some kind of a problem in my sistem partitioning or something like that? Tried the second time, it happened exactly the same :confused:

Download zip again

Sent from my MB525 using xda premium

raliSHA

May 25, 2011
Rijeka
Hmm, didn't cross my mind, might be that it was corrupted while dl. I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens.

lolzas

Oct 1, 2011
I hear many complains about wifi and more...
has anyone tried this? in what way is 2.3.7 better than 2.3.5?

veimus

What about compatibility to Defy+ and her bigger 1700mAh battery? Standard ROMs from Defy installed on Defy + recharge the battery only to 84%.
Yesterday i was installing this compilation, worked fine, the only disadvantage was not charging the battery to full. So I got back to the original system.

Is there any chance to add Defy + to the list of compatible devices with CM7?

jayeshrc

May 2, 2011

i held the power and volume down together, i got a android with <!> mark. please help.

dont press and hold the vol down button. keep pressing it while the phone boots up into cm7.1 youll get into the recovery screen (or if youre fast enough press the vol down once as soon as the notification light turns green during bootup)

orntar

Dec 26, 2010
I just installed, and it is nice so far, but I have 2 problems:

1. It will not connect to my wifi. just says connecting, then goes straight to disabled.

2. It says i am connected to the Edge network, how can i switch it to 3G? found the baseband switcher

Thanks

Last edited:

soueumesmoaki

Jul 31, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
Picture appears black if flash is used. I had this in RC 1.5 too :(.

Other than those, great ROM! :D
I used to have the same problem while using touch-to-focus mode. i got black picture if i don't focus the camera on anything before taking the picture... with focus, i have no problem on taking pictures(or turning focus to automatic)..
would that apply to your problem?

with that you got to the stock recovery... to access the bootloader, turn on the phone, and wait for the notification led to turn blue, then you press volume down :)

pachuau86

May 10, 2009
Aizawl
using it right after it was released... experienced no issues, stable, fast, wifi working... i came from CM7 RC1.5, wiped only cache, and still going strong... :D

One thing though, i dont know if i remembered wrong, but the battery seems to have dropped around 10% during the night... was expecting 2-5%... will check again tonight, could be some apps in the background

onlinejobwork

Aug 31, 2008
LONDON
OnePlus 8T
I hear many complains about wifi and more...
has anyone tried this? in what way is 2.3.7 better than 2.3.5?

Hi
Never tried 2.3.5 but no problem so far is recent version, Super fast scored more than 1900+ in quadrant, I installed Launcher Pro as its very fast and more themes available than stock launcher which is so boring

Do you have any idea how to install in-call recording function and 720P HD recording, I tried more than 10 call recording function but they all record one way only

Thanks

Urvish

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the Motorola Defy, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.
    Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
    Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0-jordan
    Download: link
    Mirror: link
    MD5sum: 79d6dc94930c36117f0326315ed0556f​

Google Apps addon:
    Version: gapps-gb-20110828

Version: Google Talk with video addon

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Using it already. Its great an fast! :D
    Waiting for next update. :D

Sent from my MB525 using xda premium
    Hello, I was using the 7.1 version but it was updated from the atest nightly.
    When I tried to flash from stratch it just boot loops...

EDIT: I tried wiping data and now it works.

Always need wipe data when you go to another kind of roms !!!! (which is not same as rom update)
    This is the 99% reason for flashing bootloop's :(
    ADW terribly slow but ADW ex factory goes well without errors. run without slowing down and freezing.