Note 3...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
Try that on your 7 or 10 and see what you get.

So now you are turning this into a "mine is biger than yours" contest?

I promise, mine is bigger, but unless you are of the female persuasion, I ain't showin ya.. Go play with your iPad. This isn't an Android vs. iOS battery debate and nobody cares about standby time of a month.

"Hey guys, look at me! I can do nothing for a month and have battery life!"

Last edited:

bond32

Jun 26, 2010
Franklin
So now you are turning this into a "mine is biger than yours" contest?

I promise, mine is bigger, but unless you are of the female persuasion, I ain't showin ya.. Go play with your iPad. This isn't an Android vs. iOS battery debate and nobody cares about standby time of a month.

"Hey guys, look at me! I can do nothing for a month and have battery life!"

Lol. This.

But seriously as others stated, the note 2 isn the absolute max I would be willing to use as a phone.

Sent from my SCH-I605

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
Lol. This.

But seriously as others stated, the note 2 isn the absolute max I would be willing to use as a phone.

Sent from my SCH-I605

It took me a very long time to be ok with the Note 2 size. Even now I get people saying, wtf????

Nobody I talk to is impressed by the Note 2's size. Like you, this is as big as I am willing to go for a phone.

R

richii0207

Lol this article reminds me of the article that said that the galaxy s3 was suppose to come with a 13mp camera....

Even Google is reading that article and saying "they are getting Key Lime before we even develop it?"

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Dakota0206

Sep 17, 2011
www.okc-tech.com
I dont think there is anything factual in this article.

First I highly doubt the next Note is announced at MWC.

Second that screen w/ an 8 core processor would destroy battery life. And thats one of the greatest things about the Note 2.

IF we were to speculate I would put my money on 1080P and 13MP camera, and a next gen quad processor. If the screen size is increased it would be a minor bump, but that is it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

jmorton10

Jul 1, 2008
Rochester, NY
I would buy a bigger screen N3 in a heartbeat.

As far as tablet battery life, I have both an ipad 2 & an 11.5" Samsung ATIV Windows 8 tablet.

The battery life is basically the same between the two except the ipad is basically a toy compared to the awesome W8 tablet.

Last edited:

flaring afro

Jul 11, 2011
Source please? Also, I can't believe we've come to a point where phones are becoming this large. Can't believe the Galaxy S4 is going to be bigger and now the Note 3?! May as well crank up to 10.1 inch status and ditch the 7, 8, 9 inch screens.

The GS3 has some wiggle room in the bezel, the GS4 won't necessarily be much bigger.

I also think if they make the Note much bigger, they'll bring out something in between it and the Galaxy S for people who like the Note 2's size. That source is useless, but considering there are 6"+ phones popping up it is possible.

wifidelic

Jan 11, 2013
Could be foldable or collapsable with oled with max size 6+? Seems like people were saying samsung just downsized one division working on traditional displays to double down on flexible displays with predictions that they would mainline in 2013.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

Reactions: ravage73

-BoneZ-

Oct 24, 2009
Indiana
Sorry you bought a mini

Sorry people keep buying anything Apple, period.

A Droid tablet can't sit for 19 days with NO use at all before it dies. Bets???

I've had my Asus Transformer unplugged for weeks and still had battery. I'd lay money I could go a month and still have battery left.

nobody cares about standby time of a month.

^^ 'Nuff said. ^^

John Kotches

Apr 6, 2009
Collinsville, IL (STL Metro)
Second that screen w/ an 8 core processor would destroy battery life. And thats one of the greatest things about the Note 2.
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

It's not a true 8 core CPU in the strictest sense. It's a little/BIG architecture, with 4 low power Cortex A7 cores and 4 higher power/performance Cortex A15 cores. Only 4 cores are active at a time. There's a handoff between them as needed.

So it just might have better battery life than the Note 2 if the majority of computing is on the little cores.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

R

richii0207

I'm not! I love it. I had the Note 10.1. Android battery life is terrible on tablets. My ipad 4 can go almost a month on a charge.

16 hrs 43 mins use, 19 days standby... 20% battery left.

19 days without a charge. ..You're either
A. Saving money on electric bill
B. Camping for 19 days
C. On the go for 19 days straight
D. None of the above ;)

..But really who goes 19 days without a charge in the first place?

LBJM

Feb 3, 2011
16 hrs 43 mins use, 19 days standby... 20% battery left.

A Droid tablet can't sit for 19 days with NO use at all before it dies. Bets???

Why would you leave it on for that long if you weren't using it?

---------- Post added at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

19 days without a charge. ..You're either
A. Saving money on electric bill
B. Camping for 19 days
C. On the go for 19 days straight
D. None of the above ;)

..But really who goes 19 days without a charge in the first place?

E. A lazy bum who not only left his tablet on but vurned his home down cause he left the gas on for 19 days.

shill1986

Dec 25, 2012
North Port, Florida
myworld.ebay.com
As much as I hate apple products, I rather enjoy my fiance's iPad2. They're nice, although if I were to spring the money i'd get a Tab2 10.1 or Transformer Infinity Mega Prime Optimus Ultra(or whatever the newest one is now, haha). I've always liked the Transformer series ASUS tabs. But yeah, for what it is, the ipad is cool and has great battery life. Especially for free (Christmas gift to her from the mom in law) /endtraitor

djmobil2

Nov 21, 2012
RALEIGH
I've seen from various sites that the size will be 6.44" full HD with the new Samsung 8 cores. Insane!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Because147

Jan 1, 2013
Note 3 would be a new tablet because that is not a phablet, the Note 2 has perfect size only needs be water resistant :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts