[APP] HTC Gesture Listener [concept]

Search This thread

droidkevlar

Mar 27, 2010
The app is simply a listener, it does not enable anything, in fact, if a three finger gesture is not detected by the system, as far as the system is concerned, the app does not exist (it does not take CPU cycles, or memory, or any resources besides storage for the APK).

Therefore, it's technically impossible for it to cause any battery drain. I have no idea what happened on your phone, but it's likely a coincidence.

With that said, my reply was a bit rude, so apologies for that.

You'll need to enable the app as a Device Policy Manager. You have to open the app once for Android to confirm it wasn't maliciously installed.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Apology accepted. I usually fresh wipe every few days, install my apps and enjoy. For the past 3 weeks, I was having bad drain on any ROM I tried after restoring my apps. Finally took a stab and removed this app and my battery life has been back to normal. Dont know what to tell you. Only thing that I changed was removing this app.

And as I mentioned in my first post, this was my feed back on my device. May vary from device to device as they are never made the same way. I would love to use this app again as I love turning it off that way, but battery life is more important to me. What could I gather for you to see why this causes drain when installed?

armyboy11b

Feb 10, 2012
new orleans
@ are you sure it wasn't some type of placebo effect ? I'm not saying your a liar or anything but just asking since I've had that happen to me lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Savant

Jul 29, 2011
Manchester
I don't have any added drain but, installing using tibu has been known to cause the problems you've said.

leprechaun.ut

Jan 10, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Nice work. I can keep main screen clean without a lock screen app shortcut show up after several days testing.

By the way, sometimes to trigger the three fingers gesture for locking screen will lag about 1 ~ 2 seconds, do you have any idea for this? The CPU is busy for dealing with listen or something else?

shirreer

Mar 5, 2006
Thanks for a GREAT mod!

IDEA: I wonder if it's possible to use this gesture to launch HTC Voice. Afaik, It's currently only available from within HTC Car app (through 3-fingers tap).

Cheers, nice work...

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
It looks like the download is down. Could someone please re up? Thanks!

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
Don't know if it's been mentioned but enabling the magnification gestures under accessibility disables this mod.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

imgtah

Aug 28, 2014
Well done Mohammad!

Can you make it to Turn screen on? i hope..

يعطيك العافية أخي محمد ;)

bigbear6708

Apr 13, 2012
Awesome news. I just moved here from nexus 5. This app completes my experience! Thanks op! I hope HTC does knock off with the next update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is more of a proof of concept that might be useful to lock the screen.

Does not require root.

HTC's framework detects gestures while the screen is on, this is actually broadcasted to all applications, but the only app that reacts to it is HTC's Media Output (Three finger swipe up or left-right).

This app is both an implementation that reacts to a three finger click to lock the screen, and a dev concept that shows how to react to the gestures.

If you want to use this to lock the phone, just tap with three fingers anywhere after enabling device admin.

Download:
    http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/public/Android/HTCOneM8/

Source:
    https://github.com/MohammadAG/HTC-Gesture-Listener

More dev stuff:
    If anyone is interested where this happens, it's in services.odex's com.htc.server.gesture package.
    I tried but nothing happens.
    Any ideas?

Check if 3 Finger Media Gesture is disabled in Settings -> Display & gestures

This is one of the best hacks I've used for the m8 so far ... Very simple yet tasty ?
    Thanks..and keep up the good work

Thank you so much. This is an awesome feature add. The Media gesture is something that I have no use for and didn't want to change my kernel in order for this to work. I'm seeing how long I can go without rooting my phone. This will definitely prolong my challenge. ?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk