Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TomTom and other GPS software

Tip us?

sp4rky
Old
(Last edited by sp4rky; 27th October 2006 at 06:00 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default GPS Software Ideas - T-Mobile Dash

Im in desperate need to find a good GPS program that works with the Dash. My bluetooth GPS receiver came in today but I need to find a GPS program.

I have searched this site, and well the Search sucks and returned about 2 or 3 things pertaining to GPS Software.

Anyone got some ideas?

ID64
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp4rky View Post
Im in desperate need to find a good GPS program that works with the Dash. My bluetooth program came in today but I need to find a GPS program.

I have searched this site, and well the Search sucks and returned about 2 or 3 things pertaining to GPS Software.

Anyone got some ideas?
I am not sure of what are you asking for. What is "bluetooth program" you are referring to? TomTom 6 works on SP.

sp4rky
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ID64 View Post
I am not sure of what are you asking for. What is "bluetooth program" you are referring to? TomTom 6 works on SP.
Fixed... No wonder no one had replied. Thanks

sp4rky
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I won't lie, I've been trying to install several pirated version of it today. And it just doesn't seem to work. The closest of my attempts has been when TomTom opened up then asked for configurations then told me TomTom is not compatible with this device. Sigh. Gladly I didn't go out a buy it before trying it.

vmiguel
Old
Thanks Meter 5
And what makes you think that a paid product will not work, just for trying it's pirated version???

I'm no saint, also tried out several pirated GPS software, AFTER I bought R66.

R66 always performed to the standarts, while all the others gave some kind of problem. I succed to make some work, but it's just too much trouble... for me, anyway.

I would advice to question the software development houses, regarding compatibity issues with your device, just to be on the safe, but I don't see why a comercial, legal version would not work correctly.

ID64
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp4rky View Post
I won't lie, I've been trying to install several pirated version of it today. And it just doesn't seem to work. The closest of my attempts has been when TomTom opened up then asked for configurations then told me TomTom is not compatible with this device. Sigh. Gladly I didn't go out a buy it before trying it.
I can assure you that TT 6 works just fine on Excalibur. Retail product I mean. Certain cracked version also works, but I advice against it since developers deserve to be rewarded for their hard work.

sp4rky
Old
(Last edited by sp4rky; 27th October 2006 at 06:14 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ID64 View Post
I can assure you that TT 6 works just fine on Excalibur. Retail product I mean. Certain cracked version also works, but I advice against it since developers deserve to be rewarded for their hard work.
I agree, but you can bet your ass im not shelling out that much to find out it doesn't work. I've tried several TT6 and TT5, and for some reason it says not compatible for this device. I will take your word on it though and take TT6 into consideration with Route 66 Mobile 7.

Vmiguel, do you have R66 Mobile 7 on a Dash? I've been looking at buying this. Also If you do, I read that it comes with MiniSD/SD but the Dash uses Micro SD. Are you able to install from the DVD to micro sd?

Im particularly looking for a good GPS Software that I can download online and pay for. But if I have to I can order it.

Manzil
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default TomTom 6

I've been trying to locate TomTom6; however, I can't seem to find it anywhere. Amazon says "Coming Soon" -- as does the tomtom.com website. Is this product available in the U.S. yet (European version seems to be shipping, though...)

Also, does the bluetooth receiver included in the package need an external power source, or is it battery powered?

The online materials don't mention compatibility with the T-Mobile Dash specifically...

Thanks!

sp4rky
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manzil View Post
I've been trying to locate TomTom6; however, I can't seem to find it anywhere. Amazon says "Coming Soon" -- as does the tomtom.com website. Is this product available in the U.S. yet (European version seems to be shipping, though...)

Also, does the bluetooth receiver included in the package need an external power source, or is it battery powered?

The online materials don't mention compatibility with the T-Mobile Dash specifically...

Thanks!
Yeah, I noticed you could order TomTom 5 from TomTom.com but TomTom 6 didn't have a purchase option.

I already have a bluetooth GPS receiver, so I am seriosuly thinking I might just order Route 66 Mobile 7 WMS.

If you guys know of any other compatable GPS software please post it.

Manzil
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Copilot Live

Has anyone tried Copilot Live? I read some reviews that seemed to recommend the product -- and it's a lot easier to find than Route 66.

Also, anyone have some thoughts in general about using a smartphone (such as our beloved Dash) for GPS navigation as opposed to just buying a dedicatd unit?

Thanks!