T-Mobile Moto X Connection issues.

Search This thread

AMDnoob

Jun 9, 2010
I just got my new T-mobile Moto X yesterday, got it activated and it works great at home. But often when I am out and about it will say I have 4g (HSPA+), but the internet will not be working. I was curious if maybe I just have bad APN settings? Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Edit: Does unlocking the bootloader invalidate my motocare package? I've tried looking a bit and I'd like to unlock it, but not if it renders motocare useless.

Last edited:

drago10029

Nov 19, 2008
Phazon Mines
I just got my new T-mobile Moto X yesterday, got it activated and it works great at home. But often when I am out and about it will say I have 4g (HSPA+), but the internet will not be working. I was curious if maybe I just have bad APN settings? Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Edit: Does unlocking the bootloader invalidate my motocare package? I've tried looking a bit and I'd like to unlock it, but not if it renders motocare useless.

Well first thing first, Did you set up the APN settings? Even if it shows like it has internet you still have to select the correct APN.

Also obvious but... the Tmobile SIM still needs to be activated lol otherwise factory reset that mother... Give a thanks why don't ya ;)

Reactions: AMDnoob

AMDnoob

Jun 9, 2010
Well first thing first, Did you set up the APN settings? Even if it shows like it has internet you still have to select the correct APN.

Also obvious but... the Tmobile SIM still needs to be activated lol otherwise factory reset that mother... Give a thanks why don't ya ;)

The T-mobile sim is activated, and I am just using the stock APN setup the phone came with. The phone seems to do pretty good, but it just shows a connection sometimes when it doesn't seem to have one. Do you have a link to some T-mobile APN setting for this phone?

drago10029

Nov 19, 2008
Phazon Mines
The T-mobile sim is activated, and I am just using the stock APN setup the phone came with. The phone seems to do pretty good, but it just shows a connection sometimes when it doesn't seem to have one. Do you have a link to some T-mobile APN setting for this phone?

I'm using tmobile as well sir. The default APN settings are fine. MY question is did you actually physically select the T-mobile US LTE APN setting. You HAVE TO CLICK ON IT even if the status bar shows you're connected. And if you still need the APN just google. APN settings are everywhere!

after thoughts: if you have a sim you cut your self, don't matter if you're a surgeon, you may run into issues.
also like I said consider a factory reset or clearing your cache settings.

Reactions: AMDnoob

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm using tmobile as well sir. The default APN settings are fine. MY question is did you actually physically select the T-mobile US LTE APN setting. You HAVE TO CLICK ON IT even if the status bar shows you're connected. And if you still need the APN just google. APN settings are everywhere!

after thoughts: if you have a sim you cut your self, don't matter if you're a surgeon, you may run into issues.
    also like I said consider a factory reset or clearing your cache settings.