[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Tiny's CM10.1 Inc builds

Search This thread

MoonMaster345

Oct 30, 2011
Its the end of the day and i had to restore to your cm10 because cm10.1 was a bit sluggish and i know it because its in its earliest nightlies but from my run with it, it was perfectly fine, just needs like the cpu governors and the optical click and ill use it with my eyes closed xD

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
Its the end of the day and i had to restore to your cm10 because cm10.1 was a bit sluggish and i know it because its in its earliest nightlies but from my run with it, it was perfectly fine, just needs like the cpu governors and the optical click and ill use it with my eyes closed xD
The CPU governors are the same, what are you talking about?

Cheesethief

Mar 8, 2012
Google Pixel 5a
There seems to be a problem with goomanager. It does not differentiate between CM10 and CM10.1, nor can it tell that I am not using the regular gapps (I am using the ones provided in the OP).

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

jacobsensei

Mar 1, 2011
East Coast
Anyone else getting fc with the clock on startup? I tried fixing permissions in recovery, didn't seem to work.

Also I'm getting worse signal for phone reception, from -70 to -100.
Didn't change the radio, so can't see why that would change.

YouTube works now.

Great work Tiny, as usual.

Sent from my ADR6300

tiny4579

Jan 15, 2011
There seems to be a problem with goomanager. It does not differentiate between CM10 and CM10.1, nor can it tell that I am not using the regular gapps (I am using the ones provided in the OP).

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

I need to fix goo for 10.1. Apparently ro.goo.rom is showing as CMTINYINC for 10.1 when it should be CM10.1TINYINC. I'm still new to goo.im and goomanager. I don't know how to make gapps differentiate. As far as I know there is no mechanism for updates for goo. I think it just checks the file name. Please chime in someone if you know.

FYI these are the three fields in the build.prop that goo checks for updates:

ro.goo.developerid (this is your username on the website)
ro.goo.rom (a title for your rom that is unique from other roms with no spaces or special characters. A-Z/0-9)
ro.goo.version (a numerical value for the rom version)

The version number is a calculated value that automatically gets updated with each build. Basically the first two identify the ROM and the last field is for the version for updates.

Anyone else getting fc with the clock on startup? I tried fixing permissions in recovery, didn't seem to work.

Also I'm getting worse signal for phone reception, from -70 to -100.
Didn't change the radio, so can't see why that would change.

YouTube works now.

Great work Tiny, as usual.

Sent from my ADR6300

ROM doesn't affect signal. They changed the reporting of signal bars in 4.2 but that's nothing to do with the actual dbm value which can fluctuate even in the same location.

The clock force close can be resolved by wiping the individual app data for clock. I presume you dirty flashed which I said should be fine but don't blame me if you have issues.

Last edited:

tekweezle

Jun 20, 2012
just wanted to say Thanks again for keeping development alive on the Dinc platform. Have this running on my test Dinc and thus far it;s okay. I can confirm that the CM10 File manager and Apollo was missing in the new GAPPS i downloaded.

Didn;t fix the issue I have with the Vulkano Player app though-no video and seems like the menu overlay in that app seems to not update(screen looks corrupted) however, that;s probably not a CM10 specific bug at this point.

Edited to say, noticed the highest cpu frequency is now 1190 and the only governor available is interactive.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

tiny4579

Jan 15, 2011
just wanted to say Thanks again for keeping development alive on the Dinc platform. Have this running on my test Dinc and thus far it;s okay. I can confirm that the CM10 File manager and Apollo was missing in the new GAPPS i downloaded.

Didn;t fix the issue I have with the Vulkano Player app though-no video and seems like the menu overlay in that app seems to not update(screen looks corrupted) however, that;s probably not a CM10 specific bug at this point.

Edited to say, noticed the highest cpu frequency is now 1190 and the only governor available is interactive.

Thanks again.
This commit will show you why the apps you're mentioning are not built. Do you want me to add anything back in the next build? The ones removed are commented out with a # symbol.

https://github.com/tiny4579/android_vendor_cm/commit/b3e98236c7aee8a992210f8d0dda128ab51c17b7

Not sure about the video thing.

The interactive governor missing will be corrected in the next build. It was an oversight on my part.

EDIT: I decided I'm adding back Apollo, DSP, and FIle Manager.

Last edited:

jacobsensei

Mar 1, 2011
East Coast
Hmm, no one else having poorer phone signal reception?

I'm down between -20 to -30 dbm.

Strange.

Sent from my ADR6300

Last edited:

JoeSyr

Feb 7, 2012
I don't know how to make gapps differentiate. As far as I know there is no mechanism for updates for goo. I think it just checks the file name. Please chime in someone if you know.
Goomanager can only check for gapps updates for the files hosted at goo.im/gapps. No support for custom packages, as far as I know. It uses the platform number("jb" for 4.1.x, "jb42" for 4.2.x) and build date stored in /etc/g.prop.

As far as I know, you can safely delete this file (& its 70-gapps.sh entry) from your package if you don't want users getting an update to future goo.im packages. But yeah, no way to specify goomanager updates for anything but the rom itself. Maybe v3 of the app will add stuff like that, but there's been no public mention of progress since august.

musical_chairs

Mar 6, 2012
ROM doesn't affect signal. They changed the reporting of signal bars in 4.2 but that's nothing to do with the actual dbm value which can fluctuate even in the same location.

The clock force close can be resolved by wiping the individual app data for clock. I presume you dirty flashed which I said should be fine but don't blame me if you have issues.

I always had a poor signal at work, and I had no trouble holding calls today, so no, no drop in signal strength for me. dBm fluctuates 20 or more at my house but I have a strong signal even in my basement.

And regarding the clock, if you dirty flash from CM10 you'll have to clear data on the clock or it will just FC. The same is true if you flash the leaked 4.2 clock on CM10, it will FC until you clear data on it. After that though, it should be golden.

mamarley

Mar 27, 2011
I was going to try to apply my window transition lagfix patch (http://review.evervolv.com/#/c/3820/), but I couldn't find out how to actually build this from source.

Tiny, could you apply the patch please? Also, make sure that the BOARD_ADRENO_DECIDE_TEXTURE_TARGET:=true directive is set in the BoardConfig.mk file for qsd8k. (It should already be if you are using Pons's device tree.)

tiny4579

Jan 15, 2011
I was going to try to apply my window transition lagfix patch (http://review.evervolv.com/#/c/3820/), but I couldn't find out how to actually build this from source.

Tiny, could you apply the patch please? Also, make sure that the BOARD_ADRENO_DECIDE_TEXTURE_TARGET:=true directive is set in the BoardConfig.mk file for qsd8k. (It should already be if you are using Pons's device tree.)
I'll tell you what error I got when trying to apply but I know it didn't apply and gave me some merge issues. Surfaceflinger has changed from Jellybean 4.1 to 4.2. If you want the repo it's

https://github.com/tiny4579/android_device_htc_inc/blob/cm-10.1/README.md for building cm 10.1. It's easier for your to debug it than have me try to explain it.

tiny4579

Jan 15, 2011
The next build is currently on hold due to bootlooping caused by flashing it. Still unsure of the cause but attempts have been unsuccessful so far.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tiny's CM10.1 builds​

Goo.im UNOFFICIAL builds

Mirror (thanks MBQ_ for hosting space):

http://mbqonxda.net/tiny4579/inc/cm10.1

You can help MBQ_ with hosting costs by donating to him.

Gapps

These are based off of Pon's CM10 setup with the latest merged changes from Evervolv and CM10.1 for Android 4.2.1 (Android 4.2.2 as of 2/16 builds).

Pon's post with further information is found here

Merged commits from Gerrit for CM10.1 (This isn't all inclusive but it's most of the changes)

Known issues:
    occassionally there may be a process system is not responding message at startup - choose wait if it's an option - this may be cleared up
    camera preview is sometimes messed up - try Camera ICS for now

Q&A/Troubleshooting Thread and FAQs

Build Instructions

Source:
    Strange "ripple" phenonymon occurs when scrolling through the facebook submenus. Its ghetto and i am Not happy about the digression. hoping battery life wont suffer, too soon to know what's up for sure on that end. I'm considering a sincere act of prayer that one of the resident dinc brainiacs will rewrite incredikernal to accommodate the new drivers Google introduced. This new twist in development, wtf is the purpose? I noticed some new lock screen options, is that the tradeoff? What is the intended purpose of these changes? This latest build is a different ball game.
    Sent from my ADR6300 using xda app-developers app

The tone I get here is ungrateful. Who says I have to keep doing these builds. I was going to stop and Pons would probably eventually take over but I was excited for a new build with the new drivers. The kernel has been updated with the new drivers. These aren't Google drivers but Qualcomm's. The old drivers were for 4.1 but hacked to work with 4.2. It will be a bit before everything is sorted out. At the end of the day I think things will start to smooth out with further updates to the ROM to work properly with the new drivers.

In short, I didn't like your tone very much especially after I warned there would be clipping issues and I said how to get around that. If you don't like it, go back to the previous build or flash a different ROM.
    No, it's not in your head. This build runs great. Best yet.

Tiny, I think we all realize that at some point you'll get tired of updating a three+ year old phone, especially one you don't use. we've already overstepped the limitations of the Incredible, but there are limits. Till then, I am going to continue to install the nightlys for as long as you decide to build them. Your generosity with your time and effort makes a lot of people very happy. Thank you for all you've done. You've kept me from buying a new phone, and even though I've been tempted, the Inc is going to be my primary till it burns up in my hand.
    Oh, yeah, I'll still report bugs, but no complaints. Life is one big beta test.
    Once again, Thanks. Really!
    Mods/Other files

Ext4all

Thread
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1623038

Direct link
    http://goo.im/devs/tiny4579/mods

Android 4.2 Installable Keyboard

http://d-h.st/BsH

You need to switch Language and Input from Android Keyboard (AOSP) to Android Keyboard after installing this apk to use it.

Live Wallpapers

http://goo.im/devs/tiny4579/mods/LiveWallpapers-CM10.1-inc.zip

You need about 4 MB free on /system to flash this fully.

Offline Voice Dictation Files from gapps

Warning: You need at least 34 MB free on /system in order to flash these.

http://goo.im/devs/tiny4579/inc/gapps-offline-voice-files.zip
    @tiny4579, not sure if you or anybody else is working on cm-10.2, but just some fyi. You may already know this, but im gonna say it anyway. With the changes to cm's build directory, toolchains now default to 4.7. This has been causing all kinds of issues with legacy devices. If you or anybody is having a no boot issue and your 100% sure your mount points are accurate. You may need to force compile with gcc-4.6 toolchain. 4.6 and 4.7 are both in prebuilts

Actually Google changed the build system in AOSP not cm, and I already had this ROM building with linaro 4.7. I don't think this change will cause an issue. I'm waiting for evervolv to be ready first and I may or may not do a build. Its a lot of work to build for just the 15 people that frequent the cm forums on a three year device.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4