[ROM][4.4][OFFICIAL] Team Gummy

Search This thread

turkbot

Sep 4, 2011
owosso
To see if awesome beats would work but all is good now and flashed it with 2.6.3.0 this time

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
To see if awesome beats would work but all is good now and flashed it with 2.6.3.0 this time

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk

Interesting, I didn't think that version had the ability to flash 4.4 ROM's (unless it's my custom build? :p)

At any rate, glad it's working for you. I was beginning to worry the .zip was corrupted on the site or something, I am still running the same version as in the .zip, works great!

stevie13.xo

Mar 9, 2012
So this will work with 2.6.3.0?
I wanna try but last time I couldn't get any rom to flash with him I had to reflash a different recovery from the computer
Sent from my XT897 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
So this will work with 2.6.3.0?
I wanna try but last time I couldn't get any rom to flash with him I had to reflash a different recovery from the computer

I'm on the official 2.6.3.1. Not sure why you are having so much issue...

I am going to try and flash OpenRecovery to see if I can reproduce your results.

Edit - FYI, I just flashed the latest OR, 2.09 (had to use that dropbox link at the end of the thread tho, main link is dead) and it flashed flawlessly.

I was already on Gummy, so I just dirty flashed Gummy again. I will flash a few different ROM's with this version of recovery - but are you on the latest? 2.09. That's my only guess right now... an outdated recovery.

Last edited:

stevie13.xo

Mar 9, 2012
got gummy to flash by changing out the meta-inf folder with cm11s.. used 7-zip to add it to the gummy archive

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
hmm well everythings running okay so far.. keyboard backlight dont turn off though.. what about just changing the updater-binary?

lol, didn't notice the kb issue. Should be an easy fix, thanks for pointing this out....

I still have no idea why you had to jump thru hoops to flash, but there will be official nightlies from the TeamGummy jenkins, hopefully you don't have issues with those...

stevie13.xo

Mar 9, 2012
Me either.. I'm gonna start to change one file at a time in that folder until I find the perp.. if I do have to find a loophole oh wellI had gummy on my nexus awhile ago until it broke so id like to see how this goes for awhile.. until another kitkat rom then ill be backing this up and help test out others

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Nightlies linked in OP. Enjoy!

I'm still working on the kb bl issue... for some reason I can't get the thing to turn on consistently. Not sure if I'm missing a patch, or if the CM ones won't apply to Gummy the same way they do to CM...

stevie13.xo

Mar 9, 2012
Nightlies linked in OP. Enjoy!

I'm still working on the kb bl issue... for some reason I can't get the thing to turn on consistently. Not sure if I'm missing a patch, or if the CM ones won't apply to Gummy the same way they do to CM...

Eh now it just freezes up during installation.. I hate my phone

pujdo1

Aug 26, 2011
so which rom would you recommend ? i am currently on cyanogenmod 11 are there any benefits in this rom in comparison to cm ?

agazza

Nov 21, 2011
Hello, excuse my noobish question but where can i find Gapps for 4.4? i flashed the one for cm 10.2 but that messed up ALOT.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Thank you, i did not understand your post #3 but i got it from cm. Now everything works fine. great rom :good:

Good work. Please let me know if I can rephrase that statement to make it better? I use gapps from PA (Paranoid Android 0-day gapps).

What else can I provide to make it easier? Perhaps a direct link...?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GUMMY​

Gummy ROM is made for speed, stability and to stay as closely in line with AOSP as possible while still supporting a large amount of devices and giving you all of the features you love. It isn’t slowed down by features you’ll never use nor is it so slim as to be just another AOSP build.

Features:

* New base built from AOSP
    * Status Bar Mods
    * Theme Manager
    * Hardware Key Mod
    * Lock Screen Mod
    * Many Wallpapers
    * Performance Control
    * Application Permission Controls
    * Carrier Label Options
    * Background Style
    * Lock clock widget

Instructions for installations:
    **Use whatever recovery, so long as it's 4.4 compatible**
    1. Download ROM
    2. Download Gapps
    3. Push to sdcard
    4. Reboot Recovery
    5. Wipe Data and Cache
    6. Install ROM
    7. Install Gapps
    8. Reboot System

Contributions:

* Thank you to Cyanogenmod for device and hardware repositories. Without this, porting Gummy to QCOM devices would have been nearly impossible.
    * Thank you to Google for the best source code.
    * androidfilehost.com for hosting our file servers!

Team Members: In alphabetical order

Primary Developers:
    Cphelps76, Kejar31

Developers and Device Maintainers:
    arrrghhh, Bkjolly, BytecodeMe, DHacker27, Hashcode, NoCoast, Papi92, TDM, Xoomdev

Artwork direction and development
    ChadFrankos, Cphelps76, Kejar31

Github- https://github.com/TEAM-Gummy

Gerrit- review.gummyrom.com

Twitter- @gummyRom

Nightlies! (Mirror)
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/59608

idc/kl/kcm have been recently moved from xt897 to common but not inherited from common in xt897.

The Asanti keymaps map SYM to ALT and OK to CTRL.
    SYM(ALT) + key then can be used to enter special characters (ü, ö etc.).
    OK(CTRL) + SPACE to switch between alternate layouts.
    SYM(ALT) + SPACE to display the symbol picker dialog.
    gummy4.4.2.png
    gummy4.4.2_home.png
    Download not working on my phone..

Download not working on my phone..

Fixed! Link did not have my handle in it...

Thanks!