How do I remove apps to be able to purchase through sale?

Search This thread

12gage

Sep 3, 2007
Albany, OR
I have a few "less than legal" apps, I want to remove them (including the false "Purchased" status from the Market) so that I can legitimately purchase them. Can anyone help?

spunker88

Sep 8, 2006
Upstate NY
The easiest way is to just uninstall them and then buy them. This may remove user data. Another way would be to use titanium backup to detach the app from market so that you can buy it, otherwise it will show as already installed. This method will let you keep user data.

skandranon314

Jul 28, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Questions about "less than legal apps" can and will get you flamed on xda.

Since you are trying to legitimately purchase them, I decided to help you out by answering your question.

Assuming you are rooted, the best way is to download the free version of titanium backup and deleted them though that app. Be careful that you know what you are deleting with it, you can delete vital files if you just go on a deleting spree!

You could also goto Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All >
Find the app, and delete it from there.

12gage

Sep 3, 2007
Albany, OR
Thank you, I wasn't trying to break the rules. I am rooted, have TB, and have tried detaching from Market, uninstalling, wiping Market data/cache/updates, but it still shows Purchased and won't allow me to buy it.

kathees

Feb 8, 2012
Singapore
I'm having the same problem. I had only one application and now I want to buy it. How can I? I tried uninstalling apps, Detaching using Titanium backup etc. Problem is even after the Google play store listing this as Purchased.

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
reflecting on Indra's net
Let me begin by saying that I in no way condone pirating apps and such, but since you are changing your ways...

Try wiping data and uninstalling apps, then add or create a new google account in Settings>Accounts. Then go to Market (Google Play, whatever), hit the menu button, click Accounts and switch it to your new account, and go get the apps that you want to legitimately aquire..
The down sides are that you can only use a CC with the 2nd accnt to make purchases, and u got to keep and worry about two diff accounts when changing roms and whatnot.

Last edited:

Psyloid

May 26, 2011
You can't change the purchased status on the google server, In other words you are screwed, unless you want to email google with your problem and have them change it (not advised)

the two options you have is : make a new google account and loose everything you have now or find an alternative app that does the same (better or worse)

Kamatari+

Sep 18, 2010
Florida
Here's a though : E-mail the developers.
Ask if there is a way you can send them the money directly (paypal, money order, etc)
to make up for the fact that you now have purchased status in the market.
They are humans like you and I, and my understand and even appreciate your honesty and intention for bringing it up. They may even let you off the hook! Make sure you apologise , of course.

kkh786

Nov 17, 2010
I have a few "less than legal" apps, I want to remove them (including the false "Purchased" status from the Market) so that I can legitimately purchase them. Can anyone help?

This is how you solve it mate (remember to thank :D)

The way to get around this issue on both Gingerbread & ICS is as follows:
  1. Wipe Market data, uninstall market (or uninstall market updates)
  2. Install old version of Market (version 2.3.6 - you need to find the .apk from XDA)
  3. Open old version of Market and buy/download the app

Tada! :p

This worked for me.. I was in a similar situation! Trust me you don't need to contact Google or create another account or any of that mallarky! Just do the three steps above and your laughing!

KKH

Last edited:

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012

This is how you solve it mate (remember to thank :D)

The way to get around this issue on both Gingerbread & ICS is as follows:
  1. Wipe Market data, uninstall market (or uninstall market updates)
  2. Install old version of Market (version 2.3.6 - you need to find the .apk from XDA)
  3. Open old version of Market and buy/download the app

Tada! :p

This worked for me.. I was in a similar situation! Trust me you don't need to contact Google or create another account or any of that mallarky! Just do the three steps above and your laughing!

KKH

If you completely remove the Market/GoogPlay and reinstall, you're going to lose any other apps that you already legitimately paid for.. aren't you? I was going to do this but I was afraid to lose the more expensive apps that I purchased if I wiped the Market from my system..
I had a couple of non-market apps that I wanted to pay for through the market, and two gmails anyway so, I figured why not...
All apps from both accounts show up on my phone together, they are only separate when I go into the market - but that's why they have an Accounts button in the menu, right?

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

UPDATE: I just received a reply email from a game dev and their response said it was Google's issue and there's no fix yet, but they advised me to another xda thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1534053 <--------SEE THIS THREAD FOR SIMPLE APP BY APP FIX - ONLY GOOG CHROME WEB BROWSER AND A PC (possibly Mac, if you swing that way) REQUIRED.

Last edited:

hramos20

Sep 20, 2010
Tegucigalpa
Finally got it working!! It seems that on old Market versions this bug did not exist. So I did the following:

Method 1:
1. Go to Settings\Applications\Manage applications\All\
2. Look for "Market" or "Google Play Store"
3. Click on "Uninstall Updates"
4. Now go to the Market (should be the old green/white version) and install your desired app. It should no longer say "Purchased" and Presto!!

But you have to be fast before the market updates itself to "Google Play Store" or you can freeze the "Market Updater" app using Titanium Backup so you can do your thing without worring of it updating to the new version.

Method 2:
Find an old Market apk and replace the current one. Not sure which version it works because once I purchased my app it immediately updated the market and didn't give me chance to see the version :D .Should be the green/white app we had before.

Hope it works for you guys too!

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
If you completely remove the Market/GoogPlay and reinstall, you're going to lose any other apps that you already legitimately paid for.. aren't you? I was going to do this but I was afraid to lose the more expensive apps that I purchased if I wiped the Market from my system..
I had a couple of non-market apps that I wanted to pay for through the market, and two gmails anyway so, I figured why not...
All apps from both accounts show up on my phone together, they are only separate when I go into the market - but that's why they have an Accounts button in the menu, right?

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

UPDATE: I just received a reply email from a game dev and their response said it was Google's issue and there's no fix yet, but they advised me to another xda thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1534053 <--------SEE THIS THREAD FOR SIMPLE APP BY APP FIX - ONLY GOOG CHROME WEB BROWSER AND A PC (possibly Mac, if you swing that way) REQUIRED.

I wanted let everyone know that I added a 2nd google account and purchased the apps through that - worked like a charm - then removed the account, and the apps from the removed account are still there after reboot.. if I ever need to update, just add the other account again..

And, the above-referenced link works like a shiney-er charm...