this device or the skyrocket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

come at me bro

Aug 9, 2011
Looking to get away from HTC and the vivid and get a gs2 or maybe even a note or 4s. Would you guys recommend this over the skyrockets and why

I also see the dev here is crazy.

Also how is the headphone jack here. Any sudden movement with the vivid and it disconnects and it doesnt help I only use I for the gym and my workouts are weights based and fast paced

Thx

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

come at me bro

Aug 9, 2011
sorry just trying to get help

The headphone jack is honestly driving me to change my phone hope you understand

nbell13

Aug 10, 2011
Depends if you think you need lte or not. The gs2 is superior to the skyrocket in everything but data speed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

Reactions: Simba501

Biporch

Mar 4, 2012
Get an iPhone so you don't have to decide ^^

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

come at me bro

Aug 9, 2011
I'd really just want a jack that I don't have to waste money guessing what headphones I need and something that I can customize. Sense is getting real old

nyydynasty

Sep 15, 2010
I'm in NYC and honestly 4g is on my device way more then 4g lte

I have the i777 and my wife has the SR. When we're in NYC, her data speed is a ton faster than mine (because of LTE), so LTE in NYC works just fine. Honestly, through daily use, both phones are great. Many people around here will tell you to stick with the i777 but I'm not going to sway you one way or another. I have access to both devices and they're both really good. Although, I find the ICS roms on this device are more stable than the SR, IMO.

NJGSII

Nov 15, 2011
Howell, NJ
I have the i777 and my wife has the SR. When we're in NYC, her data speed is a ton faster than mine (because of LTE), so LTE in NYC works just fine. Honestly, through daily use, both phones are great. Many people around here will tell you to stick with the i777 but I'm not going to sway you one way or another. I have access to both devices and they're both really good. Although, I find the ICS roms on this device are more stable than the SR, IMO.

I can agree with this.

Friend of mine has the Skyrocket. We were in NYC yesterday for the auto show so he had those LTE speeds unleashed and they were pretty damn impressive. They were totally destroying my HSPA+ speeds. I've played around with his phone on other occasions and it really isn't that bad at all.

Both are really good phones.

nooomoto

Sep 22, 2010
Miami, FL
Depends. Does Att have an LTE network up where you live? If so then yes, if not than the skyrocket is pointless and by the time they do have LTE live where you are there will be much better devices available.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

ricktherick

Mar 18, 2012
I'd really just want a jack that I don't have to waste money guessing what headphones I need and something that I can customize. Sense is getting real old

As you already mentioned there is a ton of dev support for this device. I personally am very happy with my i777.

And about the headphones, why don't you try them out at the store...

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

draztikrhymez

Jun 11, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I had a skyrocket, went to a iphone 4s, now on the S2 and my gf has a Vivid so I think I can help.

Skyrocket has a little larger screen and data was always faster for me even on just hspa+. One thing I noticed too is it could handle a website with a wall of animated gifs that my 4S and this S2 struggle with.

The S2 has better dev support but that's the only category it wins to me.

Iphone I loathe now. Not customizable compared to android and sometimes too simple. The smaller screen can be annoying too.
I know what you mean about the Vivid audio jack so annoying

Reactions: come at me bro

come at me bro

Aug 9, 2011
I had a skyrocket, went to a iphone 4s, now on the S2 and my gf has a Vivid so I think I can help.

Skyrocket has a little larger screen and data was always faster for me even on just hspa+. One thing I noticed too is it could handle a website with a wall of animated gifs that my 4S and this S2 struggle with.

Iphone I loathe now. Not customizable compared to android and sometimes too simple. The smaller screen can be annoying too.

The fact that I have LTE makes it not a major concern, its very spotty I mean yeah its faster then my fios but its spotty and you only get it here and there... I'm on 4g most the time anyways

The jack is my biggest concern honestly its so annoying, haha I have a feeling he won't swap with me if I don't get a iPhone he's pro ios and anti reg apple os lmao

What screen and battery do you like more out of them

draztikrhymez

Jun 11, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
The resolution on the iphone is great but I prefer the colors of super amoled on the Samsung.

Skyrocket is always faster even on just 4g. Also no headphone jack issues on Samsung or apple

Iphone had the best battery life but still Samsung isn't bad either

Last edited:

jthatch12

Mar 24, 2012
Florida
images

Last edited:

GeorgeP

Sep 19, 2007
I find the SR just a tad too big for confortable/secure one-handed use. For that reason I chose the i777. If that weren't a factor. I'd have gone with the SR.

OTOH I do know people who had the same concern about one-handed use, got the SR anyway, and now say they are used to it and glad with their choice.

nyydynasty

Sep 15, 2010
I find the SR just a tad too big for confortable/secure one-handed use. For that reason I chose the i777. If that weren't a factor. I'd have gone with the SR.

OTOH I do know people who had the same concern about one-handed use, got the SR anyway, and now say they are used to it and glad with their choice.
the phone isn't actually as big as you think it is (for one-handed use). I've done it and its not bad but I have big hands. My wife has very small hands and she has a hard time using one hand, so it really depends on the user.

R

Red5

Go to an AT&T store and play with both of them, see which one you like. We cant tell you because obviously we would be biased... otherwise you would see us in the Skyrocket forum.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Depends if you think you need lte or not. The gs2 is superior to the skyrocket in everything but data speed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium