Did my phone just SDS?

Search This thread

k-semler

Jan 6, 2009
Pullman WA
I was running my phone perfectly fine, and when I turned off the phone to replace the battery, it won't turn back on at all. The Samsung logo just loops repeatedly, and I can't get into Recovery mode at all. I can get into download mode, (sort of), by the conventional means, but when I press volume up to confirm download mode, I can't do so. The phone hangs for a second, and then restarts its self. Is this SDS? How do I get it fixed? I am in the USA, and I have a SGS III i9300. My phone information is below in my signature.

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
I was running my phone perfectly fine, and when I turned off the phone to replace the battery, it won't turn back on at all. The Samsung logo just loops repeatedly, and I can't get into Recovery mode at all. I can get into download mode, (sort of), by the conventional means, but when I press volume up to confirm download mode, I can't do so. The phone hangs for a second, and then restarts its self. Is this SDS? How do I get it fixed? I am in the USA, and I have a SGS III i9300. My phone information is below in my signature.

If it is sds, you wun be able to turn it on at all. Best if you can just send it to the service center for them to have a look.

k-semler

Jan 6, 2009
Pullman WA
OK, it appears that I can get it into download mode if I run it off of USB power, and pull the battery as soon as I'm able to get into download mode. It will run in download mode if I keep the battery out, but as soon as I put a battery in with it plugged into a USB, it resets the phone. I was able to flash XXUGMK6_BTU onto the phone, but upon resetting the phone with the battery in it, it will not start. This is with both ZeroLemon batteries, and the stock Samsung battery.

Is there a way to fix this?

k-semler

Jan 6, 2009
Pullman WA
If it is sds, you wun be able to turn it on at all. Best if you can just send it to the service center for them to have a look.
That's what I was afraid of. I called Samsung, and they said that I would have to send it to the UK in order to get it fixed. I would rather not have to send it halfway around the world for repairs if I don't have to.

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
That's what I was afraid of. I called Samsung, and they said that I would have to send it to the UK in order to get it fixed. I would rather not have to send it halfway around the world for repairs if I don't have to.

It makes no sense to send it to the UK just to fix it. What country do u live in?

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Sounds like a motherboard issue, double check that the battery connector pins are undamaged, but otherwise you need a new motherboard.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

ehrosking

Dec 15, 2013
it happend to me before here is what did. you cant boot into recovery ..but you can boot with download mode... do this ( remove the back cover remove power button and volume .. then put it back .. youre problem will be solved.. it is not a sds or bootloop its just the power button ... gdluck

k-semler

Jan 6, 2009
Pullman WA
Sounds like a motherboard issue, double check that the battery connector pins are undamaged, but otherwise you need a new motherboard.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Well, $hit. That's what I was afraid of. It costs just as much to buy a new MB as it does to buy a new phone from what I've been able to find. It also costs almost as much to mail it off to UK as it does to buy a replacement SGS3. ($20 difference). Is there a cheap source for a new MB for the phone?

k-semler

Jan 6, 2009
Pullman WA
I can only boot into download mode if I pull the battery after I get into download mode, and run off of USB power. If I leave the battery in, I can't do anything in download mode, (such as confirm it), and it restarts in 5 seconds. Also, if I have the phone plugged in, and insert the battery, even the charge indicator bootloops.

k-semler

Jan 6, 2009
Pullman WA
it happend to me before here is what did. you cant boot into recovery ..but you can boot with download mode... do this ( remove the back cover remove power button and volume .. then put it back .. youre problem will be solved.. it is not a sds or bootloop its just the power button ... gdluck

Well, I just tried this, and it didn't work at all. I pulled the back off, popped out the volume button and power button, and put them back in the phone. No changes in how the phone is operating. $hit, it looks like I'm going to need a new MB.

Last edited:

k-semler

Jan 6, 2009
Pullman WA
OH MY ****ING GOD! I FIXED IT! I used a combination between a new USB cable and a Samsung Emergency Recovery. IT WORKS!! God damn, I'm so happy I could cry! IT WORKS! **** YES!!! It doesn't seem to be able to take a custom ROM though. How can I get back to OmniROM?

Top Liked Posts