Restoring A LG G2 VS980 From Verizon Back To Stock?

Search This thread

ableright

Apr 1, 2014
So I'm trying to help a friend fix his G2. It's a VS 980 that uses 12b software (I have the kdz file downloaded) for this phone. The problem is I've looked at tutorials on this website and none of them have helped me thus far. With the LG Reflash tool they allow you to choose a USB driver for your device which goes up to VS910 but not vs980.

When you boot the device it just says fastboot mode started ubc.start() fastboot processing commands.

I believe my friend told me too that he removed basically everything from the phone to try and reflash the default stock ROM. What are the options what should I Do?

ableright

Apr 1, 2014
It gets worse. So I've tried re-flashing the phone and I've gotten nowhere. No it's so bad that the phone won't turn on at all EVEN INTO FASTBOOT, but instead just has a red blinking light.

This is also unnerving since I have the same phone and I'm starting to think Verizon never wants you to restore this if there's ever a problem. Probably so they can get more money and bring your phone in and get an early upgrade.

Last edited:

mouf32

Oct 13, 2012
Des Moines
www.twitch.tv
It gets worse. So I've tried re-flashing the phone and I've gotten nowhere. No it's so bad that the phone won't turn on at all EVEN INTO FASTBOOT, but instead just has a red blinking light.

This is also unnerving since I have the same phone and I'm starting to think Verizon never wants you to restore this if there's ever a problem. Probably so they can get more money and bring your phone in and get an early upgrade.

I have used the TOT method several times with no issues.