[ROM][07.05.12] SRKI's AOKP Beta 3 - Milestone 5 [Fast|Batterylife|BT|wifi|init.d]

Search This thread

justmpm

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 22, 2010
Jumpston Junction
When running option 21: should we pick Nullify or Un-nullify?

Also, is this needed if we flash the OOM script Srkineo provided in the downloads section?

It used to be that you could do everything with the supercharger script and you didn't need that OOM-priority zip. But in ICS things are more difficult. If you just flash the patch in the OP you should reach 50% supercharged. This adjusts the out of memory groupings and makes the launcher very stable in memory (so no launcher redraws). You get another 50% by adjusting the minfree values. The two pieces together tries to make sure that you always have some free memory and that the you clean out "inactive" processes more intelligently. The more aggressive you are in the minfree settinds (super is most aggressive) the fewer lags you should see in a single program (playing a game for example) but you may have issues keeping a lot of apps open at the same time.

For the nitro lag nullifier (#21) you want to nullify (N).

Even if after all this you still have lags, you can set up the engine flush script to run every few hours using a task scheduler like cron or tasker. This script is part of the supercharger script and it will try and free up as much memory as possible, including clearing out the cache.

Reactions: DehDehDeh

Borat

Nov 7, 2007
I have a problem with call, when i'm taking with someone it's so quiet, when i'm in work i don't hear him, any suggests?

Sorry for my english ;)

sameq

Aug 23, 2011
well it not entirely new that the kernel did support it (ive been talking to sirkay in his kernel thread). So yeh, its good news that its only a software problem^^

Im currently working on getting a working port of ICS SEMC camera(and FM-radio) from SE's official update. Its been ported to AOSP before (arc&neo).. so im hoping those ports work on Ray^^ talking to those dev's now

And with the flashable zip in OP?
Im sorry but what exactly means "OP", and btw i dont see any zip file

the zip in OP does not need anything else. No apps etc (why I like it, no extra overhead).
Ok i found what is OP

Last edited:

mydegeneration

Apr 16, 2012
It used to be that you could do everything with the supercharger script and you didn't need that OOM-priority zip. But in ICS things are more difficult. If you just flash the patch in the OP you should reach 50% supercharged. This adjusts the out of memory groupings and makes the launcher very stable in memory (so no launcher redraws). You get another 50% by adjusting the minfree values. The two pieces together tries to make sure that you always have some free memory and that the you clean out "inactive" processes more intelligently. The more aggressive you are in the minfree settinds (super is most aggressive) the fewer lags you should see in a single program (playing a game for example) but you may have issues keeping a lot of apps open at the same time.

For the nitro lag nullifier (#21) you want to nullify (N).

Even if after all this you still have lags, you can set up the engine flush script to run every few hours using a task scheduler like cron or tasker. This script is part of the supercharger script and it will try and free up as much memory as possible, including clearing out the cache.

So I flashed the oop script add-on and ran supercharger options you recommended.

How can I confirm my supercharge script works?

strykme

Dec 7, 2008
New York
I contacted FXP team, and they themselves dont have copies of old releases anymore.. do you still have a flashable rom of theirs where BT worked for you? im pritty sure I could make you a fix if you could upload it somewhere.

Srkineo,
I am also an owner of x10 mini and still flash and play with it.
there are 2 great developers there, nobodyAtall and stelios97, both have working BT audio. may be you can reach out to them and they can point you in the right direction on fixing the BT problem.

nobodyAtall cm9 based rom
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1629334

stelios97 AOKP rom
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1562915

justmpm

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 22, 2010
Jumpston Junction
So I flashed the oop script add-on and ran supercharger options you recommended.

How can I confirm my supercharge script works?

The script will tell you....run the script, first it will make sure you have a good version of busybox and some other stuff....then it will ask you to hit enter and a whole bunch of stuff will show up on the screen. Scroll up and you will see the which parts of the script are working and which are not.....

I am not sure that there is an official benchmark, but things should open up faster and some window flings will be snappier (for example in the Titanium Backup and Restore window).

@semeq: OP could either be the first post in a thread (original post) or the person who started the thread (original poster).

Reactions: mydegeneration

Srkineo

Sep 24, 2010
Geel
ahh forgot to mention. AOKP for neo said they had video record using my kernel if am not mistaken. check it out kormatoes thread, mayb u found something useful

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium

owh yeh right, I forgot about that.. do you mean this kernel? (ok wanted to make 'this' a link.... searching for the post) >> PM'd kormatoes about it

Ok i found what is OP

OP is firstpost:) the start of the thread

The script will tell you....run the script, first it will make sure you have a good version of busybox and some other stuff....then it will ask you to hit enter and a whole bunch of stuff will show up on the screen. Scroll up and you will see the which parts of the script are working and which are not.....

I am not sure that there is an official benchmark, but things should open up faster and some window flings will be snappier (for example in the Titanium Backup and Restore window).

@semeq: OP could either be the first post in a thread (original post) or the person who started the thread (original poster).

benchmarks like quadrant dont show difference.. but supercharging works with chaning oom values of apps (basicly decision to kill or not kill an app to free memory). But somehow it makes stuff more fluid.. would make sense that if memory is already free (or never KILLED, low OOM value) the device doesnt need time to delete stuff then put new stuff it.. you can start by putting in = efficient.

Srkineo,
I am also an owner of x10 mini and still flash and play with it.
there are 2 great developers there, nobodyAtall and stelios97, both have working BT audio. may be you can reach out to them and they can point you in the right direction on fixing the BT problem.

nobodyAtall cm9 based rom
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1629334

stelios97 AOKP rom
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1562915

BRILLIANT!! 2nd post gives me idea to fix bluetooth A2dp and wpa-supplicants (wifi tether) too!

[edit]ok, the guy that made that ROM is really really skilled... couldnt get radio working from it.. nor camera.. bluetooth is next.. gonna ask him some tips thought[/edit]

@mydegeneration, lawls.. thats kinda cool:D

experimental bluetooth patch.zip << before flashing, CWM backup.. its created from files @ MiniCM9-3.0.1 (file is attached)

Last edited:

guardante

Feb 24, 2010
Odessa
owh yeh right, I forgot about that.. do you mean this kernel? (ok wanted to make 'this' a link.... searching for the post) >> PM'd kormatoes about it

benchmarks like quadrant dont show difference.. but supercharging works with chaning oom values of apps (basicly decision to kill or not kill an app to free memory). But somehow it makes stuff more fluid.. would make sense that if memory is already free (or never KILLED, low OOM value) the device doesnt need time to delete stuff then put new stuff it.. you can start by putting in = efficient.

BRILLIANT!! 2nd post gives me idea to fix bluetooth A2dp and wpa-supplicants (wifi tether) too!

[edit]ok, the guy that made that ROM is really really skilled... couldnt get radio working from it.. nor camera.. bluetooth is next.. gonna ask him some tips thought[/edit]

experimental bluetooth patch.zip << before flashing, CWM backup.. its created from files @ MiniCM9-3.0.1 (file is attached)
Experimental patch does not work at all. Nothing changed. Sadness....

sirkay

Mar 24, 2011
KL

can it work to sony 2011 devices? X10 mini is kinda old. driver might be different. maybe you can ask stellios and naA how to get bluetooth work with correct device driver

Lupin The Third

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2011
Planet Earth
www.jw.org
camera autoflash

This might not be new... but I wanted to share with you,

I used e few camera apps and I found out that Vignette is capable of using autoflash on ray, and it works very good. So, I guess autoflash too is a software issue, not kernel :)

Srkineo

Sep 24, 2010
Geel
can it work to sony 2011 devices? X10 mini is kinda old. driver might be different. maybe you can ask stellios and naA how to get bluetooth work with correct device driver

Ive PM'd naA, the drivers worked (BT), just dont know where A2DP systems really are.. and I dont have a headset to test:( waiting for his PM.

btw your kernel supports every hardware feature so far sirkay.. its just software thats lagging behind.. we need a Java developer taking a look at the code of a Ray AOSP rom^^ (I should have payed more attention in java class last year lol:s regret's a *****)

onklen

May 10, 2012
Just a short thanks for all the work you are putting into this. I'm considering rooting and flashing my Ray for the first time and this ROM with FM-radio seems perfect when you get the radio working.

As a noob I'm still a bit scared of the entire "loosing warranty" etc, but I want to get the best from my phone :)

Your effort is very much appreciated :)

Last edited:

Robottoe

Jan 20, 2012
Just a short thanks for all the work you are putting into this. I'm considering rooting and flashing my Ray for the first time and this ROM with FM-radio seems perfect when you get the radio working.

As a noob I'm still a bit scared of the entire "loosing warranty" etc, but I want to get the best from my phone :)

Hmm try reading those guide on how to root and flash your phone, i've used the test-point method to unlock the bootloader and also use flashtool to flash kernels and also root it

gauravcd

Apr 17, 2012

This is a great rom..... But since you are new I would recommend you try installing a stable version of cyanogenmod first...... It has detailed instructions on its wiki..... It was a good learning experience :D

Sent from my Xperia ray using XDA

onklen

May 10, 2012
This is a great rom..... But since you are new I would recommend you try installing a stable version of cyanogenmod first...... It has detailed instructions on its wiki..... It was a good learning experience :D

Hmm yeah that might be the reasonable way to start. Spent the most of the last 3 days reading about it but just felt like waiting till a 4.0.4 rom is out (with FM-radio).

Is Cyanogen also considered a "long battery"-ROM?

Thx for the tips!

gauravcd

Apr 17, 2012
Hmm yeah that might be the reasonable way to start. Spent the most of the last 3 days reading about it but just felt like waiting till a 4.0.4 rom is out (with FM-radio).

Is Cyanogen also considered a "long battery"-ROM?

Thx for the tips!

Yes battery life was good when I tried it.

Srkineo

Sep 24, 2010
Geel
are you going to make an aokp rom based on build 35 ?
btw. love your rom :D

Depends on how much time I have next week.. I dont think the new features (and not alot of bug fixes) were a big change.. so not a priority imo..

but probably yes ^^ communicating with some other devs to get Camera,BT&wifi tether to work.. that has a higher priority imo..

tbh, I just configged my phone myself.. to work with it for some time, see how it runs.. batterytime(bt on 24/7, wifi alot aswell),etc.. small fixes or customizations I might wanna share.. and want to make a small youtube about its performance under heavy usage. I have over 35apps installed and alot of accounts(FB,twitter,linkedin,2gmails,1exchange, skype, whatsapp, hyves), to show how it runs fully configured..

but i'll probably cook up a 35 alpha sunday night or monday:)

changelog for AOKP build 35
removed Facebook sync (this had to happen. it was a hack and breaking Picasa sync. FB needs to fix this, not ROMs)
Added ability to hide sender and/or message body in notification'
Added dock battery display for tablets
Added Browser tab settings (max tab limit/whether to restore tabs on browser restart)
Added CM9 T-Mobile theme manager
Added Sense 4 style Task switcher (you have the option of choosing from stock/web os/sense 4 now)
Added ability to play boot sound (disabled by default)
increased default nav bar glow speeds for better user experience out of the box
tons of device specific updates and fixes. check here to see all of the latest code we've merged
updated p5/p5wifi device trees from GalaxianSoup.
added toroplus (data will not work after flashing, just flash ANY other kernel after flashing b35. we're working on it
Goo Manager won't be able to detect an upgrade this build

I see no major fixes or new stuff.. also looking into getting battery usage stats to work (aka, show applications).

Last edited:
Reactions: mvensjip

mydegeneration

Apr 16, 2012
I've been going through the xda android development forums for the popular devices (at least here in the states) and all the AOKP ports have the same camera bug. I find it weird how they haven't been able to fix that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SRKI's AOKP port, build 32 by TEAM KANG

for Xperia Ray

2011%2B-%2B1
    47f57041-8326-872e.jpg
    attachment.php

shot000018.png
    attachment.php
    shot000007y.png

This Rom is built from the same base as jjdocter's & Davibs' AOKP roms, compiled by Supervenom.
    However I ported this from davibs' ARC Alessandra ROM V 0.7. He tweaked it, resulting in better battery life.

This rom was possible, because of them! Thank you

Working:
    V Wifi working fine with Sirkay's kernel in this ROM
    V USB
    V GPS
    V HWA
    V camera & frontcamera, incl LED flash
    V Bluetooth
    V TreBuchet with CM settings
    V Livewallpaper, Astro & Music player integrated
    V init.d working (ROMControl tweaks) !
    V Notification LED
    V USB-Tethering

Big Bugs:
    - Wifi hotspot not working (not integrated in kernel yet)
    - Built in ASOP camera cannot do panorama or Video rec (panorama: Kernel problem, video-rec: Will have to wait for FXP to build something for SE phones)
    - If your battery drains faster than normal, see installation notes, last step!

Minor Bugs:
    * no FM radio support yet (have to integrate sony SEMC, not a priority atm)
    * ROMControl weather function will FC, If you dont install GAPPS.
    * Power menu>reboot>recovery, Press home button to actually make the phone reboot.(framework problem, not planning on fixing this soon)
    * Caller volume bug (workaround to reach 100% volume:press [vol plus] until your at max, then [vol min] and then [vol plus]), AOKP bug.
    * A2DP Bluetooth stereo audio (BT-music headsets): audio isnt channeled to the headset, but sent to phone speaker anyone have any ideas?
    * Data and 2G toggle arent showing up, try flashing 2g data toggle patch below ROM download
    * Statusbar brightness bar might bounce a bit, general AOKP bug, dunno how to fix yet
    * Face unlock cant find camera (will try and fix this)

TODO

- Add&Test supercharge script (its availablefor download if you want to try it yourself, see experimental) I dont see alot of difference after flashing this, anyone noticing speed-upgrades after applying this? please report
    - Try to get Auto-Brightness to work (have to look into this, might be kernel related, not sure if its even officially supported by sony)
    - Suggestions are welcome!

Battery Performance

This is without using the AOKP power save 2G options screenshots is Beta 1 & Beta 2. 3rd screenshot is Beta 3 (wanted to dev again after 2 hours)
    attachment.php
    &
    attachment.php
    &
    attachment.php

1: 1% drop, 245-1017 GOV: ondemand *********** 2: 2-3% drop, 134-1612 GOV: SmartAssV2
    3G disabled, perfect Signal ********************* 3G enabled and crappy signal

To get these results I used:
    Baseband 70 - MD5 Hash: D5432A6019C9C668ABC7F1199DF9BCAF
    Sirkay's AOKP kernel v2 (attached) - MD5 hash: E0BCA9886F88333594C22BC73E073FE7
    DISABLING ALL SOUND CHECKBOXES, see installation steps

Notes

* I am not responsible for damage to your device, use at own risk!
    * Installing takes a long time, be patient:) dont forget to flash GAPPS.
    * If you experience problems, check MD5 sums(!!!!!) and Full Wipe
    * Curious about your specific idle battery usage\drains see: BetterBatteryStats
    * FXP119 kernel should also work on this rom, untested how this affects battery etc.
    * Camera-app that allows video-recording (choppy, but working apperently). Ty mydegeneration

Installation

1 Flash kernel (attached)
    2 Flash baseband
    3 Flash Rom
    4 Flash any fixes
    5 Flash GAPPS
    6 Very important: Go to Menu>Settings>Sound
    Set it up as follows:

attachment.php

If you dont set this, you will suffer battery drain, general ICS bug, it causes AudioOut_1 wakelocks

ROM Download, see 2nd post for changelog & older versions

Beta 3.0 - AOKP Milestone 5, (GAPPS not integrated, download below) - MD5 Hash: 6A0FAC6393E0BF9978832D136C115BEF - don't forget to flash brightness-patch after this

Google Apps:
    Google Apps GAPPS 20120429 (Play store etc) - MD5 Hash: 7C524E1E078164F681E0AA6753180B2C

Patches

Brightness_Patch_beta3.zip - MD5 Hash: E6B6E2842644C9B9A9FA46753F399457 flash after Beta 3 to fix brightness-setting not getting saved
    New Google ICS Music app - MD5 hash: 97F36490116EDCDBC8B882EB87E27930

Experimental - Before testing the following, Backup!

ROMControl with 2G & Data Toggle, mirror - MD5 Hash: 58A00F5E578230D8558A058660729470 ***not originally designed for this rom, I dont support this***
    OOM-Priority-Charger-v1.4-aokp-m5_SRKI_beta3 - MD5 hash: 5A8D3531517B092B63D2F660CE0DC613

I found a bug,solution or have a suggestion?!

For bugs, please check if it's not a general AOKP bug here

Solutions please PM me^^

Suggestions post or if its 'HUGE', PM;)

Need some serious JAVA DEV help with:

- Hacked wpa_supplicant (from /system/bin) which will allow ad-hoc mode (to get wifi tethering to work)
    - Hacked Camera.apk, to get camcorder working (or porting SECM camera to AOSP)
    - Porting radio app to AOSP without using SEMC framework

some remarkable things have been programmed by nobodyAtall, in his rom [ROM] MiniCM9-3.0.1 [2/5/12]ICS 4.0.4/CM9 port for the Χ10 mini, perhaps people can get ideas etc from his rom (he for example ported radio app without a semc framework being present!).

His rom is based on an Xperia that is very similar to a ray in hardware, hopefully close eneugh;)

N'Joy
    got Ray's version for build 38?

If you want build 38, it looks like you are going to have to do it yourself...but it is really really easy. If you can flash in CWM recovery then you can do it! You need to download 3 things:

1. Download the build 38 from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1609516

You want the RC1 version and put it on your sdcard. Make sure to thank Supervenom while you are there.....

2. Download the camcorder fix from here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27248035&postcount=240

YES THE CAMCORDER IS FIXED!!!!!! Save it to the SDcard. Don't forget to thank mchj for putting together the fix...and if you are feeling really thankful don't forget to thank Aarush, who figured it out in the 1st place: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27219644&postcount=1333 (but don't flash this one!)

3. Download the porting patch from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?bpw79n16iixnvvi

I won't tell you where to put it...you know!!!! Thank JJdoctor for making the original patch: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1534656&highlight=arc+ray+port+patch

You will need an AOKP compatible kernel. Supervenom recommends FXP124 because Sirkay's AOKP "isn't updated to last FXP sources." But, FXP124 doesn't have a working CWM recovery, so it is probably best to use Sirkay's AOKPv2.2 (it is working for me!) You can also try hot booting a kernel with CWM Recovery - if you must have FXP114. Sirkay's kernel is here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26251847&postcount=1229
    Don't forget to hit thanks while you are there.

Now port the ROM (don't reboot until the end):
    1. In recovery, full wipe (factory reset, wipe dalvik cache). If you have wifi troubles, repeat the full wipe and then format the system and data partitions (find under "mounts and storage" in the main CWM menu).

2. Flash the ROM

3. Flash the ARCNEO2RAY_Patch.zip

4. Flash the CAM_FIX_CWM_by_mchj.zip to fix the camcorder

5. Flash GAPPS if you want them.

Reboot into the ROM....enjoy the unicorness of it!

The ARCNEO2RAY_Patch has an old build.prop of Srkineo's in it - I believe from build 32. You will probably want to check it out and make any changes you see fit. When I did this, it booted with the old AOKP boot animation. I attached the new animation, which I took from ChampionSwimmer's AOKP Beta3 build. In case you want the new animation, just replace the old bootanimation.zip with the attached one....you can find the bootanimation.zip in /system/media... make sure the permissions are rw-rw-rw- and reboot. bootanimation.zip IS NOT FLASHABLE....so don't flash it.....

Seriously....thank the Developers who made this work....with out them we would be stuck on bloatware overloaded ICS stock wondering how much the marketing firm got paid for thinking up the name timescape.....
    @ Srkino..

Here is the Source ROM for Milestone 5 for Ray which supervenom sent me

you look more interested in this ROM ... I will be happy if u continue it further..

.. I am not gonna get enough time to work on it since I am quite busy and the time I get I can only spare for Hybrid ROMs.

BT is not working but hope u already know the solution to that...

http://www.mediafire.com/?0bcnjnmwmlihsnh

You need any help, let me know...
    How can I edit the home button led? I know the led patch is meant to stop the intense pink led but now there's no LED when home key is pressed. I would like to try a AOSP blue color for the led or just the stock white one.

Don't install led patch and add the following lines to your hw_config.sh:

echo 4000 > $dev/red/max_current
    echo 10000 > $dev/green/max_current
    echo 10000 > $dev/blue/max_current

You'll get white LED like in Stock ROM. You can modify RGB values if you like.
    logcat of starting camera and setting it to recording:
    Code:
    D/dalvikvm( 1556): GC_CONCURRENT freed 573K, 6% free 11417K/12103K, paused 12ms+7ms
    D/dalvikvm( 1556): GC_CONCURRENT freed 616K, 6% free 11504K/12231K, paused 2ms+9ms
    V/videocamera( 1827): startVideoRecording
    D/CameraStorage( 1827): External storage state=mounted
    V/videocamera( 1827): initializeRecorder
    E/MediaProfiles(  131): getInstance
    E/MediaProfiles(  131): getInstance f1990
    W/StagefrightRecorder(  131): Max file duration is not positive: 0 us. Disabling duration limit.
    W/StagefrightRecorder(  131): Target duration (0 us) too short to be respected
    V/videocamera( 1827): New video filename: /mnt/sdcard/DCIM/Camera/VID_20120525_215422.mp4
    I/MediaRecorderJNI( 1827): prepare: surface=0x239ec0 (identity=52)
    I/CpuGovernorService(  267): intent action: com.android.server.CpuGovernorService.action.IOBUSY_VOTE
    I/CpuGovernorService(  267): IOBUSY vote: 0
    E/MediaProfiles(  131): getCamcorderProfileParamByName: duration for camera 0, quality 0
    E/MediaProfiles(  131): Guru : quality = 0, index = 14
    E/MediaProfiles(  131): getCamcorderProfileParamByName: file.format for camera 0, quality 0
    E/MediaProfiles(  131): getCamcorderProfileParamByName: vid.codec for camera 0, quality 0
    E/MediaProfiles(  131): getCamcorderProfileParamByName: vid.bps for camera 0, quality 0
    E/MediaProfiles(  131): getCamcorderProfileParamByName: vid.fps for camera 0, quality 0
    E/MediaProfiles(  131): getCamcorderProfileParamByName: vid.width for camera 0, quality 0
    E/MediaProfiles(  131): getCamcorderProfileParamByName: vid.height for camera 0, quality 0
    E/MediaProfiles(  131): getCamcorderProfileParamByName: aud.codec for camera 0, quality 0
    E/MediaProfiles(  131): getCamcorderProfileParamByName: aud.bps for camera 0, quality 0
    E/MediaProfiles(  131): getCamcorderProfileParamByName: aud.hz for camera 0, quality 0
    E/MediaProfiles(  131): getCamcorderProfileParamByName: aud.ch for camera 0, quality 0
    D/CameraSource(  131): Camera does not support setVideoSize()
    W/CameraSource(  131): Invalid hfr value(-1) set from app. Disabling HFR.
    W/StagefrightRecorder(  131): Camera source supports metadata mode, create OMXCodec for metadata
    E/OMXCodec(  131): Attempting to allocate OMX node 'OMX.TI.DUCATI1.VIDEO.H264E'
    E/OMXCodec(  131): Attempting to allocate OMX node 'OMX.qcom.7x30.video.encoder.avc'
    E/OMXCodec(  131): Attempting to allocate OMX node 'OMX.qcom.video.encoder.avc'
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131):
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131):  omx_video(): Inside Constructor()
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131):
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131):  omx_venc(): Inside component_init()
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131): bool venc_dev::venc_validate_profile_level(OMX_U32*, OMX_U32*): Returning with eProfile = 1Level = 4
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131):
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131):  bool venc_dev::venc_open(OMX_U32)(): Init Profile/Level setting success
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131): vidc.venc.debug.sliceinfo value is 0
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131):
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131):  Component_init return value = 0x0
    E/OMXCodec(  131): Successfully allocated OMX node 'OMX.qcom.video.encoder.avc'
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131):
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131): WARNING: Requested i/p bufsize[38016],Driver's updated i/p bufsize = 1382400
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131): bool venc_dev::venc_validate_profile_level(OMX_U32*, OMX_U32*): Returning with eProfile = 1Level = 5
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131):
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131):  bool venc_dev::venc_set_param(void*, OMX_INDEXTYPE)(): Profile/Level setting success
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131): bool venc_dev::venc_validate_profile_level(OMX_U32*, OMX_U32*): Returning with eProfile = 1Level = 5
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131): Calling set level (Framerate) with 18
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131): Calling set level (Bitrate) with 18
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131): get_parameter: OMX_IndexParamVideoProfileLevelQuerySupported for Input port returned Profile:1, Leve
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131):
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131):  venc_set_intra_period: nPFrames = 30 nBFrames = 0
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131): Calling set level (Bitrate) with 18
    W/StagefrightRecorder(  131): Intended number of audio channels (2) is too large and will be set to (1)
    V/AudioHardwareMSM7X30(  131): AudioStreamInMSM72xx::set(1, 16, 48000)
    V/AudioHardwareMSM7X30(  131): get config
    V/AudioHardwareMSM7X30(  131): set config
    V/AudioHardwareMSM7X30(  131): confirm config
    V/AudioHardwareMSM7X30(  131): buffer_size: 2048
    V/AudioHardwareMSM7X30(  131): buffer_count: 8
    V/AudioHardwareMSM7X30(  131): channel_count: 1
    V/AudioHardwareMSM7X30(  131): sample_rate: 48000
    D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30(  131): AudioStreamInMSM72xx::standby()
    V/AudioHardwareMSM7X30(  131): driver closed
    E/OMXCodec(  131): Attempting to allocate OMX node 'OMX.TI.AAC.encode'
    E/OMXCodec(  131): Attempting to allocate OMX node 'OMX.qcom.audio.encoder.aac'
    W/MPEG4Writer(  131): 32-bit file size limit (5178326912 bytes) too big. It is changed to 2147483647 bytes
    D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30(  131): AudioStreamInMSM72xx::standby()
    I/MPEG4Writer(  131): limits: 2147483647/0 bytes/us, bit rate: 6128000 bps and the estimated moov size 405000 bytes
    I/MPEG4Writer(  131): Start time offset: 700000 us
    I/caladbolg(  131):  519390137 cald_capctrl.c                    (6371)  2005 P [CAP]  519390137 + Cald_CapCtrl_FSM_Func_Sto
    I/caladbolg(  131):  519390198 cald_hal_qct.c                    (3054)  2005 P [HAL]  519390198 + Cald_Hal_Qct_If_StopPrevi
    I/caladbolg(  131):  519390748 cald_hal_qct.c                    (3087)  2005 P [HAL]  519390748 - Cald_Hal_Qct_If_StopPrevi
    I/caladbolg(  131):  519390809 cald_hal_qct.c                    (7007)  2005 P [HAL]  519390809 + Cald_Hal_Qct_If_DeleteIma
    I/caladbolg(  131):  519391236 cald_hal_qct.c                    (7036)  2005 P [HAL]  519391236 - Cald_Hal_Qct_If_DeleteIma
    I/caladbolg(  131):  519391816 cald_capctrl.c                    (6382)  2005 P [CAP]  519391816 - Cald_CapCtrl_FSM_Func_Sto
    I/caladbolg(  131):  519394745 cald_capctrl.c                    (6128)  2005 P [CAP]  519394745 + Cald_CapCtrl_FSM_Func_Sta
    I/caladbolg(  131):  519395630 cald_hal_qct.c                    (2983)  2005 P [HAL]  519395630 + Cald_Hal_Qct_If_StartPrev
    I/caladbolg(  131):  519513154 cald_hal_qct.c                    (3042)  2005 P [HAL]  519513123 - Cald_Hal_Qct_If_StartPrev
    I/caladbolg(  131):  519513215 cald_hal_qct.c                    (6612)  2005 P [HAL]  519513215 + Cald_Hal_Qct_If_CreateIma
    I/caladbolg(  131):  519514100 cald_hal_qct.c                    (6890)  2005 P [HAL]  519514100 - Cald_Hal_Qct_If_CreateIma
    I/caladbolg(  131):  519514161 cald_capctrl.c                    (6358)  2005 P [CAP]  519514161 - Cald_CapCtrl_FSM_Func_Sta
    I/caladbolg(  131):  519514344 cald_camctrl.c                   (14182)  2003 P [SVR]  519514344 + Cald_CamCtrl_FSM_Func_Fra
    I/caladbolg(  131):  519526703 cald_camctrl.c                   (14192)  2003 P [SVR]  519526673 - Cald_CamCtrl_FSM_Func_Fra
    W/OMXCodec(  131): Trying to enable metadata mode on encoder
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131):  Set meta buffer mode failed
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131):
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131): ERROR: set Metabuffer mode 1 fail
    E/OMXNodeInstance(  131): OMX_SetParameter() failed for StoreMetaDataInBuffers: 0x80001019
    E/OMXCodec(  131): Storing meta data in video buffers is not supported
    E/OMXCodec(  131): [OMX.qcom.video.encoder.avc] Allocate Buffer failed - error = -2147483648
    E/MediaRecorder( 1827): start failed: -2147483648
    E/videocamera( 1827): Could not start media recorder.
    E/videocamera( 1827): java.lang.RuntimeException: start failed.
    E/videocamera( 1827):   at android.media.MediaRecorder.native_start(Native Method)
    E/videocamera( 1827):   at android.media.MediaRecorder.start(MediaRecorder.java:704)
    E/videocamera( 1827):   at com.android.camera.VideoCamera.startVideoRecording(VideoCamera.java:1622)
    E/videocamera( 1827):   at com.android.camera.VideoCamera.onShutterButtonClick(VideoCamera.java:671)
    E/videocamera( 1827):   at com.android.camera.ShutterButton.performClick(ShutterButton.java:108)
    E/videocamera( 1827):   at android.view.View$PerformClick.run(View.java:14105)
    E/videocamera( 1827):   at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:605)
    E/videocamera( 1827):   at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
    E/videocamera( 1827):   at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
    E/videocamera( 1827):   at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4424)
    E/videocamera( 1827):   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    E/videocamera( 1827):   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
    E/videocamera( 1827):   at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:784)
    E/videocamera( 1827):   at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:551)
    E/videocamera( 1827):   at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
    V/videocamera( 1827): Releasing media recorder.
    D/MPEG4Writer(  131): Stopping writer thread
    D/MPEG4Writer(  131): 0 chunks are written in the last batch
    D/MPEG4Writer(  131): Writer thread stopped
    D/MPEG4Writer(  131): Stopping Video track
    E/MPEG4Writer(  131): Stop() called but track is not started
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131):
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131):  omx_venc(): Inside component_deinit()
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131): Calling m_heap_ptr.clear()
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131): Calling venc_close()
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131):
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131):  venc_close(): Calling VEN_IOCTL_CMD_STOP_READ_MSG
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131): Deleting HANDLE[0x1f688]
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131): OMX_Venc:Component Deinit
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131):
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131):  ~omx_video(): Inside Destructor()
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131): omx_video: Waiting on Msg Thread exit
    E/OMX-VENC-720p(  131): omx_video: Waiting on Async Thread exit
    E/caladbolg(  131):  520379578 cald_capctrl.c                    (7126)  2005 E [CAP] ERROR:PAL QueuePop fail <NotFound>
    E/caladbolg(  131):  520413453 cald_capctrl.c                    (7126)  2005 E [CAP] ERROR:PAL QueuePop fail <NotFound>
    E/caladbolg(  131):  520447113 cald_capctrl.c                    (7126)  2005 E [CAP] ERROR:PAL QueuePop fail <NotFound>
    E/caladbolg(  131):  520480805 cald_capctrl.c                    (7126)  2005 E [CAP] ERROR:PAL QueuePop fail <NotFound>
    E/caladbolg(  131):  520514496 cald_capctrl.c                    (7126)  2005 E [CAP] ERROR:PAL QueuePop fail <NotFound>
    E/caladbolg(  131):  520548188 cald_capctrl.c                    (7126)  2005 E [CAP] ERROR:PAL QueuePop fail <NotFound>
    E/caladbolg(  131):  520581818 cald_capctrl.c                    (7126)  2005 E [CAP] ERROR:PAL QueuePop fail <NotFound>
    E/caladbolg(  131):  520616944 cald_capctrl.c                    (7126)  2005 E [CAP] ERROR:PAL QueuePop fail <NotFound>
    E/caladbolg(  131):  520649598 cald_capctrl.c                    (7126)  2005 E [CAP] ERROR:PAL QueuePop fail <NotFound>
    E/caladbolg(  131):  520683320 cald_capctrl.c                    (7126)  2005 E [CAP] ERROR:PAL QueuePop fail <NotFound>
    E/caladbolg(  131):  520716980 cald_capctrl.c                    (7126)  2005 E [CAP] ERROR:PAL QueuePop fail <NotFound>
    E/caladbolg(  131):  520750672 cald_capctrl.c                    (7126)  2005 E [CAP] ERROR:PAL QueuePop fail <NotFound>
    E/caladbolg(  131):  520784852 cald_capctrl.c                    (7126)  2005 E [CAP] ERROR:PAL QueuePop fail <NotFound>
    E/caladbolg(  131):  520818604 cald_capctrl.c                    (7126)  2005 E [CAP] ERROR:PAL QueuePop fail <NotFound>
    E/caladbolg(  131):  520852143 cald_capctrl.c                    (7126)  2005 E [CAP] ERROR:PAL QueuePop fail <NotFound>
    E/caladbolg(  131):  520885865 cald_capctrl.c                    (7126)  2005 E [CAP] ERROR:PAL QueuePop fail <NotFound>
    E/caladbolg(  131):  520918671 cald_capctrl.c                    (7126)  2005 E [CAP] ERROR:PAL QueuePop fail <NotFound>
    E/caladbolg(  131):  520952301 cald_capctrl.c                    (7126)  2005 E [CAP] ERROR:PAL QueuePop fail <NotFound>
    E/caladbolg(  131):  520985962 cald_capctrl.c                    (7126)  2005 E [CAP] ERROR:PAL QueuePop fail <NotFound>
    E/caladbolg(  131):  521019654 cald_capctrl.c                    (7126)  2005 E [CAP] ERROR:PAL QueuePop fail <NotFound>
    E/caladbolg(  131):  521053315 cald_capctrl.c                    (7126)  2005 E [CAP] ERROR:PAL QueuePop fail <NotFound>
    E/caladbolg(  131):  521087006 cald_capctrl.c                    (7126)  2005 E [CAP] ERROR:PAL QueuePop fail <NotFound>
    E/caladbolg(  131):  521120697 cald_capctrl.c                    (7126)  2005 E [CAP] ERROR:PAL QueuePop fail <NotFound>
    E/caladbolg(  131):  521154908 cald_capctrl.c                    (7126)  2005 E [CAP] ERROR:PAL QueuePop fail <NotFound>
    E/caladbolg(  131):  521188599 cald_capctrl.c                    (7126)  2005 E [CAP] ERROR:PAL QueuePop fail <NotFound>
    E/caladbolg(  131):  521222168 cald_capctrl.c                    (7126)  2005 E [CAP] ERROR:PAL QueuePop fail <NotFound>

hmm.. working too much lately with framework files on Sony, I found many things... rather learnt how these smali files. work.. I have a feeling I can fix this camcoder bug....:cool:...

all this time I have been embedding AOKP methods in Sony frameowork to make AOKP things work... I dont think it will be impossible to do the reverse, i.e embedd sony methods in AOKP ...