[P769][Debloat] JellyBean Safe Apps to Remove

Search This thread

tribalartgod

May 12, 2010
Right here
ROOTED JellyBean Safe to Remove Apps List

If you have found other apps that are safe to remove with NO adverse effects, please comment, and I will update the OP.

FROM POST 10, by chicguy
+ Update from carriers (OTA updates) will not work after removing even one of the bloatwares. Disabling the apps will not affect OTA updates however.
+ Don't just remove thing because of the sake of removing it. Know your stuff!

The purpose of this is to show you how much junk you can remove from stock rooted. Most of this stuff can be reinstalled from the Play Store if you want it back.
I would suggest removing ANYTHING that can be donwloaded again later. This gives you full reign over the app...Not just it's data and updates.

YOU, not me or anyone else, accepts all risks. You have been warned

Here's the List:

411 and More - com.tmobile.d411
Amazon - com.amazon.mShop.android
Application Manager - com.lge.appbox.client
Bonus Apps - com.tmobile.bonusapps
Browser - com.android.browser
Caller Tunes - com.tmobile.callertunes
Chrome - com.android.chrome
CMAS - com.lge.cmas
Email - com.lge.email
Email Widget - com.lge.sizechangeable.email
Facebook - com.facebook.katana
Favorite Contacts Widget - com.lge.sizechangeable.favoritecontacts
Feather - com.lge.livewallpaper.feather
File Manager - com.lge.filemanager
FileShare - itectokyo.fileshare.ics20
Game Base - com.tmobile.gamebase
Games - com.wildtangent.android
GMail - com.google.android.gm
Google Play Books - com.google.apps.books
Google Play Magazine - com.google.apps.magazine
Google Play Movies/TV - com.google.android.videos
Google Play Music - com.google.android.music
Google Plus - com.google.android.apps.plus
Home (Only if you have another installed first)
Home Chooser
Home Theme (3 of them) - Leave these alone. Your experience may vary, but whenever these are
removed, the HOME app is auto installed again for some reason

LG MLT - com.lge.mlt (Feature in secret menu 3845#*!!!#) (!!! = Your model number)
NOTE: I personally remove this. Most will opt to simply disable it.
Additional Notes: "MLT", per default is enabled, and probably serves purpose to help LG with
remote support, but it tries to track all your activity and logs GPS position together with the
details gathered, and that includes calls, apps starting, removing etc...
This information is stored on the /mpt partition, in the MPT_MainData.db file. This file only
logs what is in 4.1.2 for some reason.

Final Notes: Some users have reported faster response, and in some cases more free RAM. Your
results may vary. Remove/Disable at your own risk.

Lookout Security - com.lookout
Maps - com.google.android.apps.maps
Mobile Life - com.tmobile.highlight
Photo Album - com.lge.sizechangeable.photoalbum
Picasa Uploader - com.google.android.apps.uploader
Polar Bear - com.lge.livewallpaper.polarbear
Polaris Office - com.infraware.polarisoffice
Scout - com.telenav.app.android.scout_us
Slacker Radio - com.slacker.radio
SmartShare - com.lge.smartshare
Sticky Note - com.lge.android.stickynotes.widget
T-Mobile My Account - com.tmobile.pr.mytmobile
T-Mobile Name ID - com.cequint.ecid
T-Mobile TV - com.mobitv.client.tmobiletvhd
Tags - com.google.android.tag
Talk - com.google.android.talk
TalkBack - com.google.marvin.talkback
The Little Prince - com.lge.livewallpaper.prince
Visual Voicemail - com.tmobile.vvm.application
Weather - com.lge.sizechangeable.weather
YouTube - com.google.android.youtube
Zynga Games - com.zynga.msc.widget.tmobile

Last edited:

Tablechair

Feb 9, 2013
Waterbury CT
Hey good post man.

I just wanna add 2 things I've experienced removing bloatware from this phone. After removing all this an OTA update will most likely fail. Also if you for any reason perform a hard reset it will hang during phone setup and you will need to KDZ flash to make the phone usable again. So to be safe I recommend backing up system/app so you can replace missing APKs if you need to get an OTA update or if you're stuck on initial setup following a hard reset.

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda premium

tribalartgod

May 12, 2010
Right here
I've had my fair share of trial and ERROR with this phone, so I can now recover from Damn near anything. Lol. However...

I'm glad this info is on the first page. When I'm on a pc tomorrow, I'll link yours and other useful posts in the op. ...if that's cool with you..

Last edited:

chicguy

May 9, 2011
Hey good post man.

I just wanna add 2 things I've experienced removing bloatware from this phone. After removing all this an OTA update will most likely fail. Also if you for any reason perform a hard reset it will hang during phone setup and you will need to KDZ flash to make the phone usable again. So to be safe I recommend backing up system/app so you can replace missing APKs if you need to get an OTA update or if you're stuck on initial setup following a hard reset.

Good one here!
In my opinion, best advice is to disable apps. Removing and disabling apps is not different except for disk space and aesthetic. You will not gain much space from remove system stuff, but introduce a whole new troubles of reinstalling stuffs when you want to get OTA updates. Frankly, just buy a bigger SD card (few $ different), use an SD swapper script or program and be with disabling all those unwanted.
Again, my point is: "unable to do OTA updates" shouldn't mean "safe apps to remove".

tribalartgod

May 12, 2010
Right here
One might argue... If you are rooted and go to all the trouble to remove these apps, why would you want an OTA?

This list is made under the assumption, this is the Rom you are keeping for a while. If you got this far, then getting to an OTA, if that's what's wanted, "should" require you to do a bit of work. And since there is currently no OTA from this point, it shouldn't matter... yet.

chicguy

May 9, 2011
One might argue... If you are rooted and go to all the trouble to remove these apps, why would you want an OTA?

This list is made under the assumption, this is the Rom you are keeping for a while. If you got this far, then getting to an OTA, if that's what's wanted, "should" require you to do a bit of work. And since there is currently no OTA from this point, it shouldn't matter... yet.
First, for a newly released phone, OTA is expected to be regularly, so why not OTA?
Second, unless you rely on very popular ROMs, the chance you got updates on customized ROM are rare. So you might miss out security updates (and I know I am paranoid :D).
Third, again, disabling apps is not different from removing apps except for little disk space and the aesthetic of a setting page. But disable apps will save you from troubles in case of anything happen (not just only OTA), you can always revert it back in a few clicks.
So, I would say "ROOTED JellyBean Safe to Disable Apps List" is better for the sake of whoever use the list :)

tribalartgod

May 12, 2010
Right here
First, for a newly released phone, OTA is expected to be regularly, so why not OTA?
Second, unless you rely on very popular ROMs, the chance you got updates on customized ROM are rare. So you might miss out security updates (and I know I am paranoid :D).
Third, again, disabling apps is not different from removing apps except for little disk space and the aesthetic of a setting page. But disable apps will save you from troubles in case of anything happen (not just only OTA), you can always revert it back in a few clicks.
So, I would say "ROOTED JellyBean Safe to Disable Apps List" is better for the sake of whoever use the list :)

Might I draw your attention to the second item in red, on the OP...

chicguy

May 9, 2011
Oh yeah, now I notice two things:
NOTE: I personally remove this. Most will opt to simply disable it. ... Remove/Disable at your own risk.
Good one, gave you a Thank :)
This one ... should be accomplished with a "known risks" section, like a "bug" or "not working" section in almost any comprehensive posts in XDA. Otherwise people just think it is totally safe, with the 0.0001% chance of breaking thing. A few thing to consider:
+ Update from carriers (OTA updates) will not work after removing even one of the bloatwares. Disabling the apps will not affect OTA updates however.

phonecow

Jun 20, 2013
Excellent post! Thanks for this... wish there was more i could turn off on the phone to make it lighter and battery last longer after rooting to jb haha

elpuertorro

May 5, 2011
Manati
Doesn't the included script do this?? not remove, but at least safe disable allowing the OTA...?

By the way i know is not the section but any one working on a rom for this phone without having to flash it to p760?

I mean we are rooting, unlocking bootloaders, recoveries, removing bloat and all this for .... i want to get a rom on this thing already lol!

Reactions: quailallstar

Jctatis

Oct 14, 2012
Panamá
i deleted

AccountAndSyncSettings.apk
Camara.apk (Replace with Line Camera/360Camera)
Browser.apk
Calculator.apk
Lg Calendar.apk
CalendarWidget.apk
DrmProvider.apk
Facebook.apk
Directbeam.apk
Lgalarmclock
Lgcontacksync
Lgbookmarsync
Lghome3
Com.lge.hiddenmenu
Googletts
Wapservice
Bluetooth
Htmlviewver
Font.apk
Email
Gmail
Maps
Facebook
Twitter
Wap service
Talk.apk
street
stk.apk
dictionary the one around 20mb

WeatherWidget.apk
DRMservice.apk
Flexprovider.apk
Fonts.apk
GooglePartnerSetup.apk
JsFontservice.apk
LgEmail.apk
LGMits.apk
LGonscreenphone.apk
music.apk
OMAdmclient.apk
Smartshare.apk
SNS.apk
Ttsservice.apk
WAPservice.apk
weatherwidget.apk
signedclockweatherwidget.apk
LGHome3 <--- replace with another Launcher LITE

Last edited:

TheCoutures

Feb 19, 2011
Maiden, NC
So just to clarify is I freeze bloatware with Titanium Backup do I need to unfreeze them prior to OTA update or I can update with them frozen?

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

quailallstar

Jan 22, 2007
Google Pixel 8 Pro
So just to clarify is I freeze bloatware with Titanium Backup do I need to unfreeze them prior to OTA update or I can update with them frozen?

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

Same question here. I have a lot of things frozen/removed and attempted to update via OTA; ended up getting a dead android with a red triangle coming out of his belly. I disabled the SD (internal/external) swap script but that's about it.

love4u_nav

Mar 19, 2011
HYDERABAD
Rooting and freezing/deleting apps screws ur phone after ota.
Hence never try ota afterwards...

Sent from my LG-P760 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ROOTED JellyBean Safe to Remove Apps List

If you have found other apps that are safe to remove with NO adverse effects, please comment, and I will update the OP.

FROM POST 10, by chicguy

The purpose of this is to show you how much junk you can remove from stock rooted. Most of this stuff can be reinstalled from the Play Store if you want it back.
    I would suggest removing ANYTHING that can be donwloaded again later. This gives you full reign over the app...Not just it's data and updates.

Here's the List:

411 and More - com.tmobile.d411
    Amazon - com.amazon.mShop.android
    Application Manager - com.lge.appbox.client
    Bonus Apps - com.tmobile.bonusapps
    Browser - com.android.browser
    Caller Tunes - com.tmobile.callertunes
    Chrome - com.android.chrome
    CMAS - com.lge.cmas
    Email - com.lge.email
    Email Widget - com.lge.sizechangeable.email
    Facebook - com.facebook.katana
    Favorite Contacts Widget - com.lge.sizechangeable.favoritecontacts
    Feather - com.lge.livewallpaper.feather
    File Manager - com.lge.filemanager
    FileShare - itectokyo.fileshare.ics20
    Game Base - com.tmobile.gamebase
    Games - com.wildtangent.android
    GMail - com.google.android.gm
    Google Play Books - com.google.apps.books
    Google Play Magazine - com.google.apps.magazine
    Google Play Movies/TV - com.google.android.videos
    Google Play Music - com.google.android.music
    Google Plus - com.google.android.apps.plus
    Home (Only if you have another installed first)
    Home Chooser
    Home Theme (3 of them) - Leave these alone. Your experience may vary, but whenever these are
    removed, the HOME app is auto installed again for some reason

LG MLT - com.lge.mlt (Feature in secret menu 3845#*!!!#) (!!! = Your model number)
    NOTE: I personally remove this. Most will opt to simply disable it.
    Additional Notes: "MLT", per default is enabled, and probably serves purpose to help LG with
    remote support, but it tries to track all your activity and logs GPS position together with the
    details gathered, and that includes calls, apps starting, removing etc...
    This information is stored on the /mpt partition, in the MPT_MainData.db file. This file only
    logs what is in 4.1.2 for some reason.

Final Notes: Some users have reported faster response, and in some cases more free RAM. Your
    results may vary. Remove/Disable at your own risk.

Lookout Security - com.lookout
    Maps - com.google.android.apps.maps
    Mobile Life - com.tmobile.highlight
    Photo Album - com.lge.sizechangeable.photoalbum
    Picasa Uploader - com.google.android.apps.uploader
    Polar Bear - com.lge.livewallpaper.polarbear
    Polaris Office - com.infraware.polarisoffice
    Scout - com.telenav.app.android.scout_us
    Slacker Radio - com.slacker.radio
    SmartShare - com.lge.smartshare
    Sticky Note - com.lge.android.stickynotes.widget
    T-Mobile My Account - com.tmobile.pr.mytmobile
    T-Mobile Name ID - com.cequint.ecid
    T-Mobile TV - com.mobitv.client.tmobiletvhd
    Tags - com.google.android.tag
    Talk - com.google.android.talk
    TalkBack - com.google.marvin.talkback
    The Little Prince - com.lge.livewallpaper.prince
    Visual Voicemail - com.tmobile.vvm.application
    Weather - com.lge.sizechangeable.weather
    YouTube - com.google.android.youtube
    Zynga Games - com.zynga.msc.widget.tmobile
    Hey good post man.

Doesn't the included script do this?? not remove, but at least safe disable allowing the OTA...?

By the way i know is not the section but any one working on a rom for this phone without having to flash it to p760?

I mean we are rooting, unlocking bootloaders, recoveries, removing bloat and all this for .... i want to get a rom on this thing already lol!
    If ota then yes you will not be able to update without system apps. Here are kdz downloads:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2107971

Here are rooted cwm stock backups:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2136204

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app
    Actually it would be better if you downloaded cwm and made a backup when you are stock then make any mods you want. Then if you get into trouble you just flash and start over. :cool:

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app