[Q] Problem installing Cyanogenmod, what should I do?

Search This thread

davidrf

May 25, 2013
Hi there,
I'm trying to install the latest stable Cyanogenmod on an Asus TF300T following the instructions of the Cyanogenmod official Wiki (that I cannot link yet) but there is a problem.

It states:

"Download koush's ClockworkMod Recovery. You can directly download the recovery image using the link below, or visit clockworkmod.com/rommanager to download the latest version. Be careful to select the right image! The downloaded file should have tf300t in the name."

Well in the site clockworkmod.com /rommanager there are NOT roms with "tf300t" in the name. There is also a direct link for an unlisted tf300t rom, but with the following warning: "WARNING: this does not work with the newer Jelly Bean versions. Flashing this will brick your tablet!)". And in my tablet I have Android 4.2.1 installed.

So... what am I supposed to do?

By the way: if you think there's a better ROM than Cyanogenmod, please let me know.

Thanks a lot!

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
Find the CM 11 thread in the Android development for TF300T section and follow the instructions given there.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Hi there,
I'm trying to install the latest stable Cyanogenmod on an Asus TF300T following the instructions of the Cyanogenmod official Wiki (that I cannot link yet) but there is a problem.

It states:

"Download koush's ClockworkMod Recovery. You can directly download the recovery image using the link below, or visit clockworkmod.com/rommanager to download the latest version. Be careful to select the right image! The downloaded file should have tf300t in the name."

Well in the site clockworkmod.com /rommanager there are NOT roms with "tf300t" in the name. There is also a direct link for an unlisted tf300t rom, but with the following warning: "WARNING: this does not work with the newer Jelly Bean versions. Flashing this will brick your tablet!)". And in my tablet I have Android 4.2.1 installed.

So... what am I supposed to do?

By the way: if you think there's a better ROM than Cyanogenmod, please let me know.

Thanks a lot!

You can follow the steps in my post here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48508679&postcount=7

Make sure your bootloader matched the minimum mentioned in the post.