So what's the chance US gets a Qi compatible charging back that's not QuickCircle?

Search This thread
Jan 3, 2014
I honestly hate the design (and price) of the Quick Circle, but love Qi charging. Any chance we'll have any other (cheaper) alternatives, or will the best option be to buy the QC case and cut off the cover panel if you dislike it?

saferisk

Jun 26, 2008
I've bought the quick circle case and plan to take out the Qi charging (&NFC) out of the quick circle case and stick inside the stock cover in place of the NFC only sticker.

InsaneJester17

Feb 22, 2007
Are they just stickers? Might do the same myself...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

poczynek

Jul 10, 2012
Sydney
Well I ripped the coil and wireless charging 4 node things from the quick circle case and put them in my 400k and now I have wireless charging! Pretty painless and I am a bit of a bull in the China shop but all good and working.

flaring afro

Jul 11, 2011
The backing already is on ebay. The ones that have the QI charging have "NFC" in the item's title. Just make sure not to get F400 version which ha the pins lined up differently. Also, it seeems that the Verizon versions have a slightly different coloring so you'll have to take it out of the circle case for those.

poczynek

Jul 10, 2012
Sydney
Yes but these backs are slightly thicker than the normal backs. And have faux leather back. Depends what you like.

jerflash

Sep 10, 2010
NYC
Well I ripped the coil and wireless charging 4 node things from the quick circle case and put them in my 400k and now I have wireless charging! Pretty painless and I am a bit of a bull in the China shop but all good and working.

well if you buy the AT&T LG G3 you get half off accessories. including the g watch and the quick circle. I will be getting both and i will be cannibalizing the quick circle case...that is if there are no other options. I actually like the other lg case options...to bad no USA date

dwd3885

May 20, 2010
well if you buy the AT&T LG G3 you get half off accessories. including the g watch and the quick circle. I will be getting both and i will be cannibalizing the quick circle case...that is if there are no other options. I actually like the other lg case options...to bad no USA date
You can only get one accessory at 50% off.

InsaneJester17

Feb 22, 2007

I was going to do the same, but someone pointed out to me that the ATT Quick Circle is POWERMAT, not QI. So it will only work with Duracell Powermat chargers. Sigh. The search continues.

InsaneJester17

Feb 22, 2007
No way....Thats a ****ing tragedy! Need to get a euro back cover then...thats the only way.

I've been trying to find a Euro case for a week now. Nothing available yet. I'm willing to bet we'll see a quickcircle case for another carrier with QI before I find a European back.

There is this that looks decent ( Ebay Back ) but I'm waiting to find a cheaper one, or for them to offer it in black so I don't have to cannibalize.

jerflash

Sep 10, 2010
NYC
I've been trying to find a Euro case for a week now. Nothing available yet. I'm willing to bet we'll see a quickcircle case for another carrier with QI before I find a European back.

There is this that looks decent ( Ebay Back ) but I'm waiting to find a cheaper one, or for them to offer it in black so I don't have to cannibalize.

Thats not such a bad price...just take the sticker off of that one. I wish i could order a Burgundy lg g3...thats a hot phone. You can get the back cover here so i guess i could mix and match lol http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-Back-Door-Case-Cover-Housing-Replacement-For-LG-G3-D855-Burgundy-Red-/251571961551?pt=US_Cell_Phone_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item3a92db7ecf

InsaneJester17

Feb 22, 2007
Thats not such a bad price...just take the sticker off of that one. I wish i could order a Burgundy lg g3...thats a hot phone. You can get the back cover here so i guess i could mix and match lol http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-Back-Door-Case-Cover-Housing-Replacement-For-LG-G3-D855-Burgundy-Red-/251571961551?pt=US_Cell_Phone_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item3a92db7ecf

Yea it's a good price, I just worry about the quality of the QI component on it.

awtryau89

Nov 25, 2008

I just ordered the one above. I am hoping to pull the charging & NFC out and put it in my original a black back. Do you think that is an OEM back?

awtryau89

Nov 25, 2008
Yikes - $140?!? That's quite a premium.

Wow, they jacked the price up. I guess they saw an opportunity with all the G3's shipping now. I paid $40 for mine but I had a $38 eBay bucks credit so I am out of pocket $2. I don't think I could have even paid the $40 actually. Now I just have to not screw this up when I pull the coil.

poczynek

Jul 10, 2012
Sydney
Wow, they jacked the price up. I guess they saw an opportunity with all the G3's shipping now. I paid $40 for mine but I had a $38 eBay bucks credit so I am out of pocket $2. I don't think I could have even paid the $40 actually. Now I just have to not screw this up when I pull the coil.

I did it and almost impossible to screw up as i ain't subtle when doing these things!

DisplacedMic

Nov 6, 2011
I sent the guy a message about price gouging...all the money he would have made selling it...NO ONE will pay 140. It be cheaper to import from europe or korea

then it's not really "price-gouging," is it?

Not to be that guy, but price gouging doesn't really apply to ellastic luxury goods like wireless charging devices for mobile phones;)

Reactions: dwd3885

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I sent the guy a message about price gouging...all the money he would have made selling it...NO ONE will pay 140. It be cheaper to import from europe or korea

then it's not really "price-gouging," is it?

Not to be that guy, but price gouging doesn't really apply to ellastic luxury goods like wireless charging devices for mobile phones;)