+Updated Recovery

06/October
+Updated Android 2.3.7.
+Updated CyanogenMod.
+Bug Fixes.
+Native improvements of the new version 2.3.7

15/August
+Updated CyanogenMod.
+More Improvements in system stability, Android faster and more fluid.
+Mods in native calendar.

2/Agosto
+Updated, Android 2.3.5.
+New improvements of the new version 2.4.5 native.
+Bug Fixed, Now Bluetooth Headset works.

25/July
+Improved system stability, Android faster and more fluid.
+Added a new option to change the wallpaper on the lock screen.
+An increased level of 3D performance.
+CyanogenMod was updated.
+ Android automatically detect the swap partition (this is only when you create the swap partition in SD card, not related to manual swap creation mode by Swapper app)

23/July
+Bug fixed, operation media buttons headset.
+Added a new improvement that changes the operation of the volume buttons with the screen orientation.
+Added LG Stock Keyboard.
+ CyanogenMod was updated.
+Added ability to take screenshots without 3rd party applications (longpress powerbutton and see a new list item).
+Fix bug FM-radio sound through the speaker
+Fix bug problems hearing the volume during calls.
+Fix bug ThemeChooser
+Transfer all file types via Bluetooth.
+Slightly decreased vibration power.

NOTICES ABOUT INSTALLING - UPDATE
***If your phone has 2.3.x. BEFORE UPDATE, YOU NEED TO DELETE THE DALVIK-CACHE, turnoff the phone, press HOME + POWER buttons for several seconds or easier with the phone on, press the power button for several seconds,in menu choose 'Reboot', then choose 'Recovery'. The phone will reboot in Recovery,then in menu recovery select 'advanced', then select 'Wipe Dalvik Cache' and choose 'Yes', then reboot. You can update to the new version without losing any information, contacts, settings, apps, etc, do not need to back up, to update turn the phone off and activates Fastboot Mode (CAMERA + POWER) and connects to the PC, open the EXE Android235GT540 that are in the section 'What do we need' and follow the instructions of the installer and select UPDATE button.
But if you want to erase everything and reinstall the new version then activates the fastboot mode on your phone and connects to PC, open the exe Android235GT540 that are in the section 'What do we need' and follow the instructions the installer and select INSTALL button.

*** If your phone has the Android version 1.6 or 2.1 or 2.2 and want to have the new version Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread, You can't use the UPDATE button in the intaller. you'll have to install complete installation selecting INSTALL button and start to installing fastboot rom on the phone, and then install Android 2.3.7. For do it, starts from step 1 of this tutorial.

===Some users have told me they do not find the market in the app drawner. if you have the same problem, then go to this address in Root Explorer /system/app/ and looking for an app that says "vending ", just open it and install it, after reboot phone and the market will be on app drawner

This tutorial is for all LG GT540.

What do we need?

+I RECOMMEND FORMATING SD CARD FOR COMING CLEAN WITH THE NEW VERSION AND NOT RESULTING PROBLEMS.

+DISABLE YOUR ANTIVIRUS PROTECTION BECAUSE IT CAN BLOCK THE PROCESS, BUT ISNT A VIRUS. ALL THE FILES ARE CLEAN.

+Download KDZ Updater. (Include KDZ Updater, RomFastboot, drivers & utilities) Download

+Download Android 2.3.7 Setup (2/Nov) Download

+Download Rom Europe Open Download

+NO NEED TO BE ROOT USER TO MAKE THE TUTORIAL.

Instructions
1- During installation, all your data will erase (contacts, configurations, data and applications installed), but if you dont want to lose the information, you should make a backup using an app for backup from market.

2- To install Android 2.3.7, you need to first have a fastboot rom installed on the phone. If your phone already has a rom with fastboot skip to step 11.

3- Install msxml.

4- Then install the necessary drivers for your GT540 to be recognized, for this installLGAndroidDriver_WHQL_ML_Ver1.0_All_Win7-Vista (you can use this for XP, Vista and 7).

5- Run KDZ_FW_UPD. Change “Type” a “3GQCT” and “PhoneMode” “DIAG”. Browse europe open rom V20A_00.kdz and clic Open.

picture20110902124313.png

6-In your phone ABLE DEBUGGING USB, Settings>Aplications>Development> USB Debugging

7- Plug the cable into your phone and PC, and wait to be fully recognized by the drivers.
**** Note: When you connect the phone, just connect and you do not activate Mass Storage.

8- Now clic “Launch software update”, DO NOT USE THE PC TO THE PROCESS IS COMPLETE. THE PHONE WILL REBOOT WHEN FINISHED THE PROCESS IN KDZ. (The process takes about 15 minutes in KDZ).

picture20110902124313co.png

9- In your phone ABLE DEBUGGING USB anew, Run KDZ_FW_UPD anew. Change “Type” a “3GQCT” and “PhoneMode” “DIAG”. Browse romfastboot.kdz in KDZ Updater folder and clic Open.

10- Now clic “Launch software update”, DO NOT USE THE PC TO THE PROCESS IS COMPLETE. THE PHONE WILL REBOOT WHEN FINISHED THE PROCESS IN KDZ. (The process takes about 15 minutes in KDZ).

11- When this process completes, the fastboot is now installed on phone.

12-UNPLUG OR DISCONECT THE PHONE FROM PC.

13. Turn off your phone, press the camera button and power button while pressing do not leave until the FastBoot mode is activated, you will realize that it is activated when there appears nothing on the screen just stay with the backlight on. CONNECT THE PHONE TO PC.
**NOTE: FOR USERS WINDOWS XP ONLY possibly when connect your phone in fastboot mode, the pc could not detect, should download this for your windows detect the phone in fastboot: DOWNLOAD ,unzip it, go Control Panel-Administrative Tools-Computer Management or devices, and in the list find your LG phone as LG Android or Android Fastboot will appear with an icon "?" yellow, give right click, Update Driver or driver search from a specific location, and select the folder where you downloaded the driver and select android_usb.inf

14- Run Android237GT540 and follow the steps of the installer. (DO NOT DISCONNECT THE PHONE UNTIL THE PROCESS IS COMPLETE)
*** NOTE: Run the installer (Android237GT540.exe) somewhere on your drive C: / from your PC, ie run it on the desktop, my documents, etc..

picture20110902121331.png

15- NOW YOU HAVE ANDROID GINGERBREAD 2.3.7 IN YOUR PHONE. Change the language in Settings. Then reboot.
snap20110902210440.png
snap20110902210447.png
snap20110902210522.png

Now if you want your android is faster, then you have follow this instructions http://j.gs/824093/overclock-swap

Screenshots LG GT540 with Android Gingerbread

snap20110902120101.png
snap20110902115023.png
snap20110902115219.png
snap20110902114355.png
snap20110902114807.png
snap20110902114135.png
snap20110902114027.png
snap20110902114050.png
snap20110902113956.png
snap20110902113942.png
snap20110902113654.png
snap20110902113531.png
snap20110902112619.png
snap20110902110559.png

===Using MusicMod

snap20110902114401.png
snap20110902114246.png
snap20110902114355.png

FAQ

¿Why now LG PC Suite no longer recognizes the phone?
This happens all the GT540, remember that the last official update was 2.1
But do not worry, you can replace the LG PC Suite by another program called MyPhoneExplorer. FJ Software Development

After install Android 2.3.7, I want rooting my phone, how can do you root for?
After installing Gingerbread is not necessary to do root, version comes rooted and superuser.

About Recovery Recovery
During the installation of Android also automatically install the recovery, so you need not do it again.

Twitter @CagsaBit

Last edited:

Man_u

Aug 14, 2011
Bordeaux
Android235GT540.exe is very interesting, it makes it easier flashing for the most novice of us
thank you for that guy :)

CM7 is posted on this forum already ...

Mmmz, I was thinking the same thing when it was posted... although it is slightly different from the guide posted on here, it's almost a clone of the one on modaco... which ironically taken from the other post on here.

Kinda makes one wonder... we're getting daisy-chain posts now...

EDIT: Oh dear me... it's missing the most vital part... The Credit to Mur4ik!!!

Added: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=927379

Last edited:

Willart

Aug 9, 2011
Please do stereo bluetooth support a stable headset, Nokia BH-214, if you listen to music, press the pause button (on headset), and then play a song, the headset is disconnected from the phone.

Tested on two headsets Nokia BH-214.

Last edited:

effortless.

Jul 11, 2011
Anyone have the link 4 recovery???

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk

What do you mean, if you want the recovery version, look at the original thread in the developer forum. Also, this thread is pointless as 1. The main topic is in the developer forum 2. there are around 2 or 3 guides (including mine) that explain all of this anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: androidboss7

JotaJgreen

Sep 11, 2011
Yeahh! i do this tutorial, and i have in my GT540 the 2.3.5 version of android... :D
In the beggining i have had a lot of problems, but i solved all and now my phone runs perfectly :)

Thanks!

MarceeKa94

Sep 23, 2011
I have a problem, I installed the fastboot and v20a, but I can not install 2.3.5 because it is simply a green dos window disappears in 1 second and finished, according to you what's wrong?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Install Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread (SwiftDroid) For LG Optimus GT540

Previous Version 06/October/11: Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread SwiftDroid v2 RC5

New Version 02/November/11: Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread SwiftDroid v2 ASIS

Changes

02/November
    +Updated CyanogenMod.
    +Improvement RAM
    +Updated Recovery

06/October
    +Updated Android 2.3.7.
    +Updated CyanogenMod.
    +Bug Fixes.
    +Native improvements of the new version 2.3.7

15/August
    +Updated CyanogenMod.
    +More Improvements in system stability, Android faster and more fluid.
    +Mods in native calendar.

2/Agosto
    +Updated, Android 2.3.5.
    +New improvements of the new version 2.4.5 native.
    +Bug Fixed, Now Bluetooth Headset works.

25/July
    +Improved system stability, Android faster and more fluid.
    +Added a new option to change the wallpaper on the lock screen.
    +An increased level of 3D performance.
    +CyanogenMod was updated.
    + Android automatically detect the swap partition (this is only when you create the swap partition in SD card, not related to manual swap creation mode by Swapper app)

23/July
    +Bug fixed, operation media buttons headset.
    +Added a new improvement that changes the operation of the volume buttons with the screen orientation.
    +Added LG Stock Keyboard.
    + CyanogenMod was updated.
    +Added ability to take screenshots without 3rd party applications (longpress powerbutton and see a new list item).
    +Fix bug FM-radio sound through the speaker
    +Fix bug problems hearing the volume during calls.
    +Fix bug ThemeChooser
    +Transfer all file types via Bluetooth.
    +Slightly decreased vibration power.

NOTICES ABOUT INSTALLING - UPDATE
    ***If your phone has 2.3.x. BEFORE UPDATE, YOU NEED TO DELETE THE DALVIK-CACHE, turnoff the phone, press HOME + POWER buttons for several seconds or easier with the phone on, press the power button for several seconds,in menu choose 'Reboot', then choose 'Recovery'. The phone will reboot in Recovery,then in menu recovery select 'advanced', then select 'Wipe Dalvik Cache' and choose 'Yes', then reboot. You can update to the new version without losing any information, contacts, settings, apps, etc, do not need to back up, to update turn the phone off and activates Fastboot Mode (CAMERA + POWER) and connects to the PC, open the EXE Android235GT540 that are in the section 'What do we need' and follow the instructions of the installer and select UPDATE button.
    But if you want to erase everything and reinstall the new version then activates the fastboot mode on your phone and connects to PC, open the exe Android235GT540 that are in the section 'What do we need' and follow the instructions the installer and select INSTALL button.

*** If your phone has the Android version 1.6 or 2.1 or 2.2 and want to have the new version Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread, You can't use the UPDATE button in the intaller. you'll have to install complete installation selecting INSTALL button and start to installing fastboot rom on the phone, and then install Android 2.3.7. For do it, starts from step 1 of this tutorial.

===Some users have told me they do not find the market in the app drawner. if you have the same problem, then go to this address in Root Explorer /system/app/ and looking for an app that says "vending ", just open it and install it, after reboot phone and the market will be on app drawner

This tutorial is for all LG GT540.

What do we need?

+I RECOMMEND FORMATING SD CARD FOR COMING CLEAN WITH THE NEW VERSION AND NOT RESULTING PROBLEMS.

+DISABLE YOUR ANTIVIRUS PROTECTION BECAUSE IT CAN BLOCK THE PROCESS, BUT ISNT A VIRUS. ALL THE FILES ARE CLEAN.

+Download KDZ Updater. (Include KDZ Updater, RomFastboot, drivers & utilities) Download

+Download Android 2.3.7 Setup (2/Nov) Download

+Download Rom Europe Open Download

+NO NEED TO BE ROOT USER TO MAKE THE TUTORIAL.

Instructions
    1- During installation, all your data will erase (contacts, configurations, data and applications installed), but if you dont want to lose the information, you should make a backup using an app for backup from market.

2- To install Android 2.3.7, you need to first have a fastboot rom installed on the phone. If your phone already has a rom with fastboot skip to step 11.

3- Install msxml.

4- Then install the necessary drivers for your GT540 to be recognized, for this installLGAndroidDriver_WHQL_ML_Ver1.0_All_Win7-Vista (you can use this for XP, Vista and 7).

5- Run KDZ_FW_UPD. Change “Type” a “3GQCT” and “PhoneMode” “DIAG”. Browse europe open rom V20A_00.kdz and clic Open.

picture20110902124313.png

6-In your phone ABLE DEBUGGING USB, Settings>Aplications>Development> USB Debugging

7- Plug the cable into your phone and PC, and wait to be fully recognized by the drivers.
    **** Note: When you connect the phone, just connect and you do not activate Mass Storage.

8- Now clic “Launch software update”, DO NOT USE THE PC TO THE PROCESS IS COMPLETE. THE PHONE WILL REBOOT WHEN FINISHED THE PROCESS IN KDZ. (The process takes about 15 minutes in KDZ).

picture20110902124313co.png

9- In your phone ABLE DEBUGGING USB anew, Run KDZ_FW_UPD anew. Change “Type” a “3GQCT” and “PhoneMode” “DIAG”. Browse romfastboot.kdz in KDZ Updater folder and clic Open.

10- Now clic “Launch software update”, DO NOT USE THE PC TO THE PROCESS IS COMPLETE. THE PHONE WILL REBOOT WHEN FINISHED THE PROCESS IN KDZ. (The process takes about 15 minutes in KDZ).

11- When this process completes, the fastboot is now installed on phone.

12-UNPLUG OR DISCONECT THE PHONE FROM PC.

13. Turn off your phone, press the camera button and power button while pressing do not leave until the FastBoot mode is activated, you will realize that it is activated when there appears nothing on the screen just stay with the backlight on. CONNECT THE PHONE TO PC.
    **NOTE: FOR USERS WINDOWS XP ONLY possibly when connect your phone in fastboot mode, the pc could not detect, should download this for your windows detect the phone in fastboot: DOWNLOAD ,unzip it, go Control Panel-Administrative Tools-Computer Management or devices, and in the list find your LG phone as LG Android or Android Fastboot will appear with an icon "?" yellow, give right click, Update Driver or driver search from a specific location, and select the folder where you downloaded the driver and select android_usb.inf

14- Run Android237GT540 and follow the steps of the installer. (DO NOT DISCONNECT THE PHONE UNTIL THE PROCESS IS COMPLETE)
    *** NOTE: Run the installer (Android237GT540.exe) somewhere on your drive C: / from your PC, ie run it on the desktop, my documents, etc..

picture20110902121331.png

15- NOW YOU HAVE ANDROID GINGERBREAD 2.3.7 IN YOUR PHONE. Change the language in Settings. Then reboot.
    snap20110902210440.png
    snap20110902210447.png
    snap20110902210522.png

Now if you want your android is faster, then you have follow this instructions http://j.gs/824093/overclock-swap

Screenshots LG GT540 with Android Gingerbread

snap20110902120101.png
    snap20110902115023.png
    snap20110902115219.png
    snap20110902114355.png
    snap20110902114807.png
    snap20110902114135.png
    snap20110902114027.png
    snap20110902114050.png
    snap20110902113956.png
    snap20110902113942.png
    snap20110902113654.png
    snap20110902113531.png
    snap20110902112619.png
    snap20110902110559.png

===Using MusicMod

snap20110902114401.png
    snap20110902114246.png
    snap20110902114355.png

FAQ

¿Why now LG PC Suite no longer recognizes the phone?
    This happens all the GT540, remember that the last official update was 2.1
    But do not worry, you can replace the LG PC Suite by another program called MyPhoneExplorer. FJ Software Development

After install Android 2.3.7, I want rooting my phone, how can do you root for?
    After installing Gingerbread is not necessary to do root, version comes rooted and superuser.

About Recovery Recovery
    During the installation of Android also automatically install the recovery, so you need not do it again.

Twitter @CagsaBit
    File 4 recovery???

Anyone have the link 4 recovery???

What do you mean, if you want the recovery version, look at the original thread in the developer forum. Also, this thread is pointless as 1. The main topic is in the developer forum 2. there are around 2 or 3 guides (including mine) that explain all of this anyway.
    i think its easier to download from
    http://kulkoff.com/swift/
    its english and no waiting time and it belongs to mur4ik;)
    it was a little long this time, do not worry this is normal