[Q] failed to boot 2 starting rsd mode. Need help

Search This thread

noob_2010

Sep 10, 2010
Anchorage
I googled everywhere and the same problem comes up for the Axtrix 4g. Says something about use SBF to flash a stock rom. how do you do this for the Photon??? Can someone list the step? thanks

what happened? homebasephoton1.5 rom. I tried to install it but after I reboot I got failed to boot message........

Last edited:

mrinehart93

Oct 11, 2009
Chicago
It just means that the phone is unable to boot and is starting the fail-safe RSD mode... basically allowing you to use RSD Lite to flash a new SBF (basically phone image) to the phone to restore it. Are you rooted/unlocked?

noob_2010

Sep 10, 2010
Anchorage
It just means that the phone is unable to boot and is starting the fail-safe RSD mode... basically allowing you to use RSD Lite to flash a new SBF (basically phone image) to the phone to restore it. Are you rooted/unlocked?

I think so i used MotorolaOneClic_oot_psouza4.zip method to root my phone. Later installed root applications like Wifi Tether... Unlocked? umm Not sure I guess so. I recently installed the Alien1 custom rom. so probably.

jokersax11

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 13, 2009
www.jokersax.com
After you charge your phone(instructions in other thread) flash 154 first then newest. Make sure to charge between

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

Elendil_23

Jul 25, 2008
Fix

nobody knows what to do??????

Sorry that I didn't reply any sooner. This is what I did, since when the phone is with that problem won't charge the battery nor with charger nor with USB, so, I ran out of juice... I had to get an universal charger to charge the battery and then I flash it with RSD. I've flashed this file 154_5 sbf, once I got in, I flashed the updated one. It worked pretty good.

Let me know, regards.

Bully4x4

Oct 28, 2011
when I am flashing sbf I have to remove my external sd card otherwise it wont work at all.

tomemmanuel

Jul 18, 2011
I changed to Alien Rom.after changing to alien rom I was facing a lot of FCs.So tried RSD lite with latest SBF.Now I am stuck at "Failed to boot 4 starting RSD mode"
From what I read from forums my phone is soft bricked.

"Failed to boot 4" is when a filesystem is missing a signature

The solution is to flash 154 sbf using RSDlite 5.5 version with a fully charged battery using the usb at the back of your computer.

Once you are successful flashing 154 you can update with latest SBF.

The important points are below.

1. Fully charged battery. (use an external battery charger as Photon does not charge batery in boot mode.

2. Used RSDlite 5.5 version

3. Use USB at back.

4. Use 154 not the latest version of SBF.

5. Make sure the process is not interrupted until the process is completed

rizzyrailed

Jul 1, 2010
Failed to boot 2

Im having the same problem and reflashing 154-5 doesnt work. Instead phone says "SVF:106:1:2
sec_execption: b655, eddc, eb.

It always fails on flash and re-enumeration.

parvezkhan.157

May 22, 2012
hello

yes i have rooted my motorola photon, but he is working fine, today (15/07/12) I have searched update from phone update option after downloading update file he is start & off continue and giving error " failed to boot 2" - starting RSD mode.

Please help me

portman

Aug 31, 2008
I am also having the same prob. made an OTA update to 254 and it got locked bootloader.
tried fastboot method and now getting Failed to boot 2 error. tried 154, 198_6 etc. no luck.
Motorola really screwed a lot of photon 4G users. for what?