[ROM] Custom Rom | Clean_Slim&Fast V02 | Based on Archos Firmware 4.0.25 !

Search This thread

zando2712

Jan 11, 2011
Hi Surdu

Thank you for your support on this forum.
I have installed Clean_Slim&Fast V02. I understand the concept however I would really like to reinstall the Archos Photo Frame.
With this app I can even include photos from my smb shares in a slideshow. I really like it.

I tried Titanium Backup, that didn't work.
I also tried to move apk file from Titanium Backup to /system/apps that didn't work either.

Is there any way I can get this working?

If not I will have to revert to StockRoot version.

OC Kernel?

I'm loving the new Clean_Slim&Fast V02! Smooth update from V01 (and from 4.0.7 deodexed before that), and excellent I/O scores on Quadrant benchmark.

I'm wondering if there's an overclockable kernel in the works for this ROM? I noticed that you're already compiling the kernel from source now that Archos has updated its git tree, so I'm hoping that enabling overclocking is a simple matter for you.

Many thanks for all your hard work on the Archos tablets!

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hi !

OK ! I'll upload Foto Frame for this custom rom ! ( deodexed version )
...also OC Edition will be available soon ! ( maybe in a week ! )
Right now I'm working on ICS@BLUE_V04 !

Jafmf95

Dec 18, 2010
Anyone else having issues with ES File Explorer on this version?

Worked fine on V01, but won't start on this version. I tried uninstalling but it won't reinstall. Tried to reinstall from the market, get a weird 'not enough space' message. There's plenty of space and I can install other, larger apps. Tried to reinstall from a Titanium backup and that just hangs.

Any suggestions appreciated.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
is it normal that my sdcard is mounted read-only??? :mad:

Hi!

I don't know ...but my microSD is mounted r/w ! ( so , is not a rom issue ! )

Anyone else having issues with ES File Explorer on this version?

Worked fine on V01, but won't start on this version. I tried uninstalling but it won't reinstall. Tried to reinstall from the market, get a weird 'not enough space' message. There's plenty of space and I can install other, larger apps. Tried to reinstall from a Titanium backup and that just hangs.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Hi !

Right now I tested ES File Explorer and it works well !

larsiant

Apr 25, 2008
Solingen
Wow, just discovered that you merged the happiness of Clean_Slim&Fast with the stable stock ROM from Archos (with which my touchscreen issues were solved) - can't wait to install it tomorrow!
How can you be THAT fast with reacting? Thanks in advance, you are amazing! :D

Sent from my ARCHOS 101G9 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: surdu_petru

Jafmf95

Dec 18, 2010
Hi !

Right now I tested ES File Explorer and it works well !

Interesting. Thanks for checking. Nothing I have tried will let me reinstall this. I'll try a wipe and a fresh install of the ROM and see if that gets me anywhere.

Edit: I tried something a little less drastic. Clearing the cache on the Play Store app did the trick.

Last edited:

schermvlieger

Sep 4, 2010
This rom is the best until now! I had to restart the tablet one more time though, as there were some strange defects after the last reboot in the instructions. Some system apps were missing and the status bar was gone. But now, it seems like I have a brand new tablet in my hands. Thanks surdu_petru!

M

myth88

Cool, as soon as I resolve my problem being unable to copy the ext4 file (I see 263 MB sized drive) I'll try this!!

bkromhout

May 21, 2011
Hey surdu! I really love your Clean Slim&Fast ROMs, but every time I've installed one, they get rid of all the apps on my homescreens. The apps are still installed and I can put them back again, but I feel like you didn't intend for this behavior to happen. The tablet also acts like it just got booted for the first time (Tells you that you can click on the button in the top right to see your apps, drag them to the homescreen, etc.) Just thought you'd like to know about that. No problems other than that so far!

schermvlieger

Sep 4, 2010
After installing this rom, i noticed some missing graphics in one of the apps. Now i am trying to find out how to fix this; in the old days there would be an option to wipe dalvik cache only, which is what i expect would be sufficient to solve this problem with all apps installed on my tablet.

However, i do not know which option i would have to choose from the recovery menu to wipe only the dalvik cache and not lose any other user data like app settings and my data files.

Sorry if i am asking something that is covered in a sticky somewhere; i did a search on dalvik cache but failed to find the information i am looking for :-/

[edit]

D'oh I could have found out it's as simple as to go to /data/dalvik-cache and deleting all the files before I posted this >.<

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
After installing this rom, i noticed some missing graphics in one of the apps. Now i am trying to find out how to fix this; in the old days there would be an option to wipe dalvik cache only, which is what i expect would be sufficient to solve this problem with all apps installed on my tablet.

However, i do not know which option i would have to choose from the recovery menu to wipe only the dalvik cache and not lose any other user data like app settings and my data files.

Sorry if i am asking something that is covered in a sticky somewhere; i did a search on dalvik cache but failed to find the information i am looking for :-/

Hi !

If you want to wipe only dalvik-cache , you can do by adb command :

> adb shell
# stop
# rm /data/dalvik-cache/*
# reboot

( If you think you have some folders in this directory dalvik-cache , but should not be - you can use: rm -r -f /data/dalvik-cache/* ) :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi to evryone !

Here are the latest updates on my custom rom : Clean_Slim&Fast V02 !

Rom based on the last Archos update , Firmware 4.0.25 ( Android ICS 4.0.4 )

Screenshot :
    screenshot02as.jpg

screenshot2012102811265.png

screenshot2012102811290.png

Can be installed only if you have already enabled SDE on your tablet ...

This Custom Rom should be work well on all Archos device 80/101 Gen9 !!!

regard,
    Surdu Petru
    Changelog | Downloads | Installation | Clean_Slim&Fast V02 !

Custom Rom : Clean_Slim&Fast V02 , Build date : 26/10/2012 ; Release Date : 28/10/2012 !

Changelog :​
    Archos Changelog :
    • Android: IceCream Sandwich 4.0.4 version
    • Media Center: network indexing on network shortcut menu (+), network shortcuts creation is proposed on network share directory long press
    • Media Center: new simplified Movie/TV Shows/All Video views
    • Media Center Video: new video information view with backdrop display and chooser (click on backdrop to change it)
    • Media Center Video: poster can be changed by clicking on it in the video Information view
    • Video Scraper: faster media information retrieval process. Note that in the migration process, all your video scraper information will be lost.
    • Subtitles: ability to download and save subtitles for network shares
    • Media Center: add video search
    • Media Center Music: Album art swipe gesture support
    • Remote control: control your tablet with your TV remote through HDMI on TV compatible hardware (directional pad, multimedia and color TV remote keys)
    • Archos Remote: support of remote touch pad
    • Wi-Fi: new more robust driver
    • Media Center Video: fix audio desync for some MPEG4/AVI files
    • Media Center Video: fix MPEG PS/VOB audio track selection
    • Media Center Video: fix UPNP playback of large files (>4GB)
    • Media Center Video: fix seeking in some TS files
    • Media Center Video: fix playing certain MKV files
    • Media Center Video: fix playing certain H264 files
    • Media Center Video: improve DVD/VOB playback in case there are IFO files present
    • Media Center Video: add support for MPL2 subtitle format
    • Media Center Video: improve playback of H264/AAC TS files
    Clean_Slim&Fast V01 :
    • android system :
      • boot animation ;
      • rom deodexed ;
      • busybox updated and proper installed ;
      • zipalign on boot for all apk system/app/* & data/app/* ;
      • tweak fix permisions ;
      • optimize database with sqlite3 ;
      • optimize /system ext4 with new tweaks;
      • tweaks network;
      • activated ZRAM ;
      • replaced Superuser to fix some root issue ! ;
      • removed update system notification & online registration ;
      • removed almost all applications you can download for free from PlayStore !
    • kernel :
      • enabled init.d to run scripts ;
      • enabled I/O -> fast /data as in stock firmware 4.0.24 !
      • increase I/O on kernel with dinamic fsync() ;
      • enabled CLEANCACHE ;
      • enabled ZRAM ;
    Clean_Slim&Fast V02 :
    • android system :
      • add item "Kernel version" on Settings -> About tablet
      • removed item "Baseband version" on Settings -> About tablet
      • add Face Unlock !
    • kernel :
      • build kernel from Archos source code with my Optimized Toolchains GCC 4.4.7 !
    Downloads :​

Installation :​

• connect USB cable ( PC <-> Tablet ) ;
    • unzip Clean_Slim&FastV02.zip.zip
    • put archos.ext4.update in your device, or > adb push archos.ext4.update mnt/storage/
    • go to recovery SDE and Remove Android kernel if you have already installed any official firmware !
    • go to Flash kernel & Initramfs and copy here zImage and initramfs.cpio.lzo -> in the new driver that appeared !
    • Ok ! ... & wait to boot !

After complete installation, please restart the device again !

In the second boot, ( and only the second boot ) bootanimation may run slightly slowed !

( if your device is stuck on boot , please RESET your device ! ...all should be OK after !!! )
    You are the greatest! Archos dont offer you job?

Hi !

Thank you very much, you're cute...
    I work, I do not need another job :D
    I make programs ... in my spare time ....like a kind of fun :laugh: !
    Good luck ! :good:
    for /data i have 1.46gb

Hi!

Thanks!...need more time to find a viable solution...
    Great!

You are the greatest! Archos dont offer you job?