FoxFi Lockscreen Fix!

Search This thread

Housing184

Apr 7, 2011
I have found a way to bypass that annoying FoxFi lockscreen on my Verizon I545 GS4! If you have FoxFi "Already" installed follow these steps:

(1) Press Home button-->Settings-->More-->Security--> Trusted Credentials--> User--> FoxFi--> Scroll down and select Remove-->Home Button.

(2) Re-Start FoxFi App--> Install certificate "BUT" on "Credential Use" select "WiFi"--> Ok-->Ok again-->Enter PIN #--> Turn on Mobile Hot Spot and leave on-->Home Button--> Shut screen off w/pwr button-->Home Button-->Enter PIN #-->Menu--> Settings-->My Device-->Lock Screen--> Enter PIN # for the "LAST TIME"-->Then hit Swipe (no security) and Boom...You're Done!

(3) Now you can turn FoxFi On or Off and don't have to worry about that annoying lock screen...Enjoy!

PS...If that annoying "Warning Triangle" happens to show up (it may not show anymore) just-->Swipe down on the notification panel and press clear if you don't want to see it while FoxFi is on!

Last edited:

jhom52

Apr 5, 2011
Dallas, TX
Negative. I'm running nova. Worked like a charm for me.

Sent from my P5113 using XDA Premium 4 app

Rooted, running CM 10.2 [4.3.1]

Yes it works with Nova. However, the specific steps noted by the OP are different. Basically, after you remove the FoxFi credential make sure you set the lock screen back to swipe, you need to use the wi-fi option when setting up the credentials, leave FoxFi on and turn off the screen, enter your pin, reset the lock screen to whatever you like, and then you are ready to go.

Thanks OP for finding the fix.

Housing184

Apr 7, 2011
Yes it works with Nova. However, the specific steps noted by the OP are different. Basically, after you remove the FoxFi credential make sure you set the lock screen back to swipe, you need to use the wi-fi option when setting up the credentials, leave FoxFi on and turn off the screen, enter your pin, reset the lock screen to whatever you like, and then you are ready to go.

Thanks OP for finding the fix.

You're quite Welcome!

The steps I've provided were if FoxFi was already installed and the PIN # lockscreen was already in place. However if your way works also that is fine with me as long as we achieve the same result of enjoying FoxFi WiFi without that annoying lockscreen :)

LaTropa64

Feb 7, 2010
You are correct! This fix is for a Stock un rooted Verizon GS4 on 4.4.2 with TW...

What is TW?

I'm stock, unrooted and on 4.4.2 and I've had no luck being able to set anything other than a PIN or Password. I followed the steps exactly.

One thing that might be of note is that simply removing the FoxFi credential doesn't give me back the option to set anything other than a PIN/Pass, I actually have to click on "Clear Credentials" under Settings > Security to remove all certificates before it gives me the option to use a pattern lock or no lock at all.

Reactions: WickedStepMom

Housing184

Apr 7, 2011
What is TW?

I'm stock, unrooted and on 4.4.2 and I've had no luck being able to set anything other than a PIN or Password. I followed the steps exactly.

One thing that might be of note is that simply removing the FoxFi credential doesn't give me back the option to set anything other than a PIN/Pass, I actually have to click on "Clear Credentials" under Settings > Security to remove all certificates before it gives me the option to use a pattern lock or no lock at all.

LaTropa64,

TW= Touch Wiz is Samsung's Original Launcher...

LaTropa64, Reinstall FoxFi like you normally would, put in your pin and THEN follow the instructions I've provided. I believe you've cleared the CLEAR CREDENTIALS tab instead of clicking the TRUSTED CREDENTIALS tab. Just start from scratch and you'll be fine! So far it's worked on the previous members without any problems and they're utilizing TW (Touch Wiz) and Nova Launchers and they are enjoying free Hot Spot without any annoying PIN's and Patterns...

Good Luck...we're in your corner!

smitnlit

May 15, 2014
I have found a way to bypass that annoying FoxFi lockscreen on my Verizon I545 GS4! If you have FoxFi "Already" installed follow these steps:

(1) Press Home button-->Settings-->More-->Security--> Trusted Credentials--> User--> FoxFi--> Scroll down and select Remove-->Home Button.

(2) Re-Start FoxFi App--> Install certificate "BUT" on "Credential Use" select "WiFi"--> Ok-->Ok again-->Enter PIN #--> Turn on Mobile Hot Spot and leave on-->Home Button--> Shut screen off w/pwr button-->Home Button-->Enter PIN #-->Menu--> Settings-->My Device-->Lock Screen--> Enter PIN # for the "LAST TIME"-->Then hit Swipe (no security) and Boom...You're Done!

(3) Now you can turn FoxFi On or Off and don't have to worry about that annoying lock screen...Enjoy!

PS...If that annoying "Warning Triangle" happens to show up (it may not show anymore) just-->Swipe down on the notification panel and press clear if you don't want to see it while FoxFi is on!

Please help.. this did not work for me. I was able to follow it until LOCK SCREEN - PIN and then the SWIPE is greyed out. I cannot select it - my only two choices are PIN and PASSWORD...:(

Housing184

Apr 7, 2011
SmitnLit, RockyM,

Are you guys Rooted? If Not maybe you clicked on "Clear Credentials" instead of "Trusted Credentials" in step # 1

After you've clicked "Trusted Credentials" Click "User" Then Click on "FoxFi" then SCROLL down till you see "Remove" click on that then proceed to step #2...

I currently have a Verizon i545 GS4 STOCK with Kit Kat 4.4.2 and so far it's work for me and a few other member's in the forum...

Keep me posted guys!

rockym

Jan 18, 2008
SmitnLit, RockyM,

Are you guys Rooted? If Not maybe you clicked on "Clear Credentials" instead of "Trusted Credentials" in step # 1

After you've clicked "Trusted Credentials" Click "User" Then Click on "FoxFi" then SCROLL down till you see "Remove" click on that then proceed to step #2...

I currently have a Verizon i545 GS4 STOCK with Kit Kat 4.4.2 and so far it's work for me and a few other member's in the forum...

Keep me posted guys!
Thanks Housing, will give this another try tonight. Any idea if this will work on the S5? (I noticed you're on an S4).

Speedy03

Jun 20, 2013
Raleigh, NC
(2) Re-Start FoxFi App--> Install certificate "BUT" on "Credential Use" select "WiFi"--> Ok-->

I got to this point and then I got the message "Enter password for credential storage". I get the same if I select VPN and apps also. What password is it talking about?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

easy way to reset lock screen options

found a fix for getting all lock screen options back.

click on the lock button for your device.

enter a new pass and save.

now go to your phone and use the new pass to unlock the phone.

you should now be able to go to your lock screen settings and pick whichever lock option you need.
    Worked for me on nc5!

Glad to help! Hope the instructions were easy!
    Very easy for me to follow. Some might need video though.

I'm Glad it was easy to follow...Maybe I'll get someone to help me put it on video...
    You are correct! This fix is for a Stock un rooted Verizon GS4 on 4.4.2 with TW...

What is TW?