Anyone know of a good Email app?

Search This thread

The Tallest

Jul 25, 2013
I'm looking for an email app that can handle multiple email accounts. Originally I was using both GMail and Outlook but as soon as GMail started adding ads that could not be deleted I dropped both apps and switched back to Aqua Mail. Now I'm having a problem with Aqua Mail and can't get a resolution from the official forums.

I've since switched to Blue Mail but it seems to be a heavy app and is draining my battery. Plus, I don't get any type of notification when I get emails even though I have it setup to do so.

So, what is everyone using and what can you suggest?

The Tallest

Jul 25, 2013
I used to use K9 as well, but there was something really goofy about their UI I didn't like. I'll give them a go again.

OK, I tried it again, now I remember why I didn't like it. I use Hotmail/Outlook and I can receive emails but can't send them.

Last edited:

The Tallest

Jul 25, 2013

I've been using Aquamail for years. But about 3 days ago it stopped working. I asked about it on their forums and got no answer. This isn't the first time I've had problems with Aquamail; I've tried to stay loyal to it since I paid for it. But I'm just sick of it working, then not working for no apparent reason.

I just installed K9 this morning. Seems to be working well enough for now. I haven't had time to sit down and mess with some of it's features yet.

buffalo_guy

Jun 29, 2012
Buffalo
Mail Droid

I have been using Maildroid for some time and highly recommend it. It is highly customizable and easily supports multiple accounts. The developer quickly responds to problems and there is decent web support.

ForSquirel

May 7, 2013
I use K@Mail, don't know why I never went to K9. Works well with multiple accounts and PGP integration. Couldn't ask for anything more.

icon123

Oct 13, 2009
What's wrong with the stock one? Mine checks an exchange account and 2 imap accounts just fine.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jamolah

omcinside

Jun 8, 2013
Use Thunderbird by Mozilla

I too have same problem before ... just now switched to Thunderbird ... its open source and stable... we can get it for windows and Mac .... But there is no official Android application from mozilla.... am using third party android application at this moment, try and let me know your feedback

The Tallest

Jul 25, 2013
I have been using Maildroid for some time and highly recommend it. It is highly customizable and easily supports multiple accounts. The developer quickly responds to problems and there is decent web support.

I remember using MailDroid years ago when it first came out. Haven't given it a second look before today. It looks like it's got a lot of really nice features. I'm downloading it now.

chaoslimits

Mar 19, 2010
Stock email client is very good. Just don't use it for gmail. It will kill your battery from my experience.
Works fine for all my other accounts (exchange, yahoo, etc).

devilsdouble

Nov 26, 2013
New Delhi
+1 for AquaMail. That's the only email app I can find according to my needs. Another decent one is infamous K9. GMail is the worst email app I have ever used, I uninstall it practically after flashing a new ROM / wiping the phone.

jrpbulk

Jun 10, 2008
I use stock for hotmail and gmail only issue I have for the exchange hotmail is you can't empty the trash in one click.

The Tallest

Jul 25, 2013
+1 for AquaMail. That's the only email app I can find according to my needs. Another decent one is
infamous K9. GMail is the worst email app I have ever used, I uninstall it practically after flashing a new ROM / wiping the phone.

I had been using Aquamail for the past several years. Except about a week ago Gmail stopped syncing to it and I couldn't get it working. I also got not answer on the Aquamail forums. Decided it was time to move on.

I use stock for hotmail and gmail only issue I have for the exchange hotmail is you can't empty the trash in one click.

The only reason I stopped using Gmail is because of their new ad feature. They send you ads that are disguised as emails and then don't allow you to delete them. Once I dropped Gmail I dropped Exchange as well and went back to Aquamail. Aquamail stopped working three months after I put it on my phone. So it got dropped too. I tried Droidmail, didn't like some of it's features. I'm currently using K9.

Rob_Storm

Sep 7, 2008
I use Inomail. Handles multiple accounts as well as allows html signatures. IMAP, POP, and all the others.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What's wrong with the stock one? Mine checks an exchange account and 2 imap accounts just fine.