[MOD][HACK] cm7.1 videocam recording BETA 5 SOON

Search This thread

akhil17kr

Oct 8, 2011
gurgaon
hey if dis will work on ics based roms....like aosp cm9 ???
and is dere any way u can fix camera preview in cm9 based custom roms ? :p

ajay.d96

Sep 22, 2011
okk...den hw mch time does it will take to the solution of camera bug in ics. ?

the cmaera preview in ICS doesnt work due to improper libs..

the icsforg3 team is still working on it to get everything working . But before that, cm7 is even more important and that work is the most preferable now.

so, it could take a long time for our camera

ajay.d96

Sep 22, 2011
What do you mean by " Good Preview"? Have you removed the b/w bugs from alpha 7?

no i didnt fix the b/w preview. But i fixed the glitches / artifacts which were caused in video recording.

and to say about colour preview, its possible to use the alpha 8 drivers on alpha 7 to det the coulour preview but it didnt work for me.

in alpha 7,

<script src="http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=PU4ZhVFd"></script>

Reactions: mohnishgs

ajay.d96

Sep 22, 2011
What do you mean by " Good Preview"? Have you removed the b/w bugs from alpha 7?

no i didnt fix the b/w preview. But i fixed the glitches / artifacts which were caused in video recording.

and to say about colour preview, its possible to use the alpha 8 drivers on alpha 7 to det the coulour preview but it didnt work for me.

in alpha 7,
embed_js.php
http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=PU4ZhVFd

(•.•)

May 26, 2011
Galaxy>Earth
Hey, great job!

I hope you can get the soundproblem fixed and everything working properly!

So this will be used by so many people - because this will be implented in several CYNGN 7.2 roms! :)

Big thanks for your work! ;);)

ajay.d96

Sep 22, 2011
Hey, great job!

I hope you can get the soundproblem fixed and everything working properly!

So this will be used by so many people - because this will be implented in several CYNGN 7.2 roms! :)

Big thanks for your work! ;);)

im working on it but i dont know why people vote this thread as 4 stars, before it was 5

:(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Reactions: mohnishgs

bscraze

Aug 14, 2011
Singapore
Don't give up, don't despair. Its okay, once your this mod fixes all the camera bugs, it'll remain 5 stars forever:p. Don't let other people's opinion get to you, some are just jealous they can't do what you can :D. Keep it up!

Cheers:)

Sent from my GT-i9003 powered by Stable and Smooth CyanogenMod 9!

ajay.d96

Sep 22, 2011
flashed cm7 a8.1a to test my builds

edit: might be slow progress again because im also focusing on ics builds :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Skivit

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    g'day..

guys, im posting a mod which enables video recording..

=> This project is in progress

image.jpg

Note : The beta 4 works for alpha 7 only. i dont know about alpha 8.

BETA 4 RELEASED, DOWNLOAD FROM ATTACHMENT BELOW VV

FEATURES:

* enables video recording in stock camera app

* enables video recording in full screen

* video recording and audio recording quality are improved also.

* fixed switching between high and low video recording mode

VIDEO

SCREENIES
    99841051.jpg

65927235.jpg

28353080.jpg

37918317.jpg

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/1894/83799510.jpg

BUGS

* Camcorder doesnt record videos fixed in Beta 3
    * can't switch between low and high mode fixed in alpha 2
    * Camcorder preview shows artifacts. fixed in Beta 4
    * Audio isnt recorded (yet to be striked out :D)

INSPITE OF ALL THESE ISSUES, VIDEOS ARE RECORDED AND PLAYABLE NOW !!!

HOW TO INSTALL:

* Download the flashable zip file

* go to cwm recovery and flash it

* reboot (no need for wipe data)

CHANGELOG:

RC1 ->>> Audio fixed (not completely fixed but i can her audio getting recorded sometimes. So im sure it'll be fixed very very soon)

BETA 4 ->>>> Fixed preview artifacts while recording. Now camera recordis without artifacts

BETA 3 ->>>> Fixed video recording finally in both high and low mode now videos are recordable and PLAYABLE !!!

BETA 2 ->>>> Finally got video recording FULLY working in low mms mode. now the video is recordable and playable!!!!!!

BETA 1 ->>>> Fixed ALL artifacts but still the preview stuck bug is there.. The artifacts are gone now. low mode also fixed

ALPHA 3 ->>> SKIPPED TO BETA 1!!!
    fixed some artifacts in low mms mode, but still some minor glitches. DOWNLOAD BELOW VVVV

ALPHA 2

Fixed changing between high and low video recording mode
    ((now you can easily switch between high,youtube high,low,low mms))

ALPHA 1

fixed fullscreen video mode

Conclusion

see me::::>>> i would release builds of this hack only if i get major problems fixed so next build might take time..if anyone interested in helping me, feel free to pm me anytime so that this work gets finished soon
    knowledge: ability to get logcat repeatedly is enough

until this project gets finished use videocam illusion -> settings - audio quality - 11.1khz
    link:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androidillusion.videocamillusionpro&hl=en
    I don't hate anybody, but can't u see that ajay is lying u all?? If he fix that, i will make windows 9 faster than microsoft devs!!! U will find out soon what am i talking.. ;))

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA

I'm gonna report this to mod as it is very impolite from you.
    What did you do to give other your judgement? I cannot remember you for any development, so you better keep your opinion for yourself.
    Every xda user has the right to post whet he think is usefull, even noobs. It's up to mod to decide if something is very likely to be unued by everyone and so close the thread. It is not a user's decision and you are not permitted to say such a rude opinion.
    Due to some problems, i released BETA 3 before fixing some problems

now video recording is done in all high,low,low mms,youtube,... etc,.. but audio isnt recording.

ill soon fix it. but untill then, you can youzze BETA 3

NOTE: only tested in cm7 a7, not in a8 or a8.1a. And i dont think it will work on alpha 8 due to fimg problems. but you can use it in alpha 7 and try

100% working on a7

download: see attachment

instructions: 1. flash it via cwm in alpha 7. do not flash lebidou's mfc drivers
    Mod Comment

Guys,

I got pointed to this thread today. The developer started off here as a noob but through learning and dedication he is now at the stage where he is looking to go far beyond where he started from for the good of our community.

All developers started out as noobs, asking basic questions and making mistakes along the way. This is how we all develop as we go through life. What is missing here is encouragement and support for this young developer from the very community he is trying to support.

Can we all please take a step back here and give this guy all the support he deserves. If he stumbles along the way lets give him a helping hand. If he becomes discouraged lets give him words of advice and help. If he delivers, lets be grateful for the work he has put in on our behalf. If he fails, lets try to understand why and work with him to make sure he succeeds next time around.

Remember, just before put finger to keyboard to put the boot in on a young devloper, ask yourself these questions:

- What have you done for this community?
    - Why are you concentrating on the negatives rather than the positives?
    - What can you do to help this developer achieve his goals?
    - What can you do to make XDA Developers a better, more welcoming place for all of us, including our young developers?

Thank you in advance for your support here.

WB
    news: got video recording FULLY working in low mms mode. now the video is recordable and playable

ill release final version when im done with high quality mode

if anybody wants the link to this download, ill upload it on demand of more than 20 members !

cheers!