Optimus G E975 (Kit Kat 4.4.2 ) Sling Rom 2.1 -- Install Instructions UPDATED

Search This thread

ITzRicardo94

May 29, 2012
Oranjestad
Yesterday I flashed ARTMOD, and did as you said and it still stayed at the LG Logo without boot animation, is it something related to my phone? I know I'm not doing anything wrong, but it's not working for me. I discovered something, when I was going to back up Kitkat in CWM it said only 63mb needed.

>>>Backing up /boot...
Backing up boot image..
Backup of boot image completed.

>>>Backing up /recovery...
Backing up recovery image..
Backup of recovery image completed.

>>>Backing up /system...
Can't mount /system!

Woohoo, I knew it had something to do with the /system, because it didn't even boot the ROM, but not sure what it was, and I still don't know what it is.

Last edited:

Brontok

Jun 7, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Yesterday I flashed ARTMOD, and did as you said and it still stayed at the LG Logo without boot animation, is it something related to my phone? I know I'm not doing anything wrong, but it's not working for me. I discovered something, when I was going to back up Kitkat in CWM it said only 63mb needed.

>>>Backing up /boot...
Backing up boot image..
Backup of boot image completed.

>>>Backing up /recovery...
Backing up recovery image..
Backup of recovery image completed.

>>>Backing up /system...
Can't mount /system!

Woohoo, I knew it had something to do with the /system, because it didn't even boot the ROM, but not sure what it was, and I still don't know what it is.

Try to download the rom file again,it may be corrupted, and than flash following the provided instructions.

furkandeger

Feb 1, 2013
İstanbul
No ideas on this end of the line :) tried turning off the phone and than plugging in the charger, didnt work.. we should ask if the same happened with som1 owning F180 model

I am investigating a possible solution now, wait for it.

---------- Post added at 04:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 AM ----------

I have found the solution to the charging problem.

This one is possible thanks to @hoangnova again. After flashing KitKat and Supersu, do not unlock with FreeGee. Yes DON'T. If you already did, re-lock with FreeGee or flash the KitKat once againg without wiping data.

Instead, download this APK; https://www.mediafire.com/?mq0xj3uow4kjtit install it and tap Flash Optimus G Recovery. After it is successful; reboot recovery. You will now have a CWM recovery. Do not flash any other recovery. And the most important of all when you are rebooting or turning off the system while in recovery say "No" to question "Disable stock recovery flashing?"

Then you are all good to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brontok

furkandeger

Feb 1, 2013
İstanbul
as i see only he and me have the same problem.
Stuck at LG logo. it looks like phone dont install system partition. Dont kwow why.

What country are you in?

That's how I solved my problem:

Flashed Germany 10F KDZ via kdz updater on download mode
Rom booted up asked for storage encryption password
Turn it off, hard reset(volume down and power buttons)
Turn it on rom boots up, this time doesn't ask for password
Framaroot to root, freegee to unlock
And finally flash kitkat.zip and voila!

nch26

Jun 14, 2012
Buenos Aires
www.youtube.com
What country are you in?

That's how I solved my problem:

Flashed Germany 10F KDZ via kdz updater on download mode
Rom booted up asked for storage encryption password
Turn it off, hard reset(volume down and power buttons)
Turn it on rom boots up, this time doesn't ask for password
Framaroot to root, freegee to unlock
And finally flash kitkat.zip and voila!

I flashed the kdz mention on this post. I do the procedure exactly. Dont work.

furkandeger

Feb 1, 2013
İstanbul
I flashed the kdz mention on this post. I do the procedure exactly. Dont work.

I am not talking about the kdz mentioned on the post.

See here:

1.So, first thing`s first, I would recommend downloading this exact version of Jelly Bean (due to the fact that many users have reported loss of network after flashing kit kat over other jelly bean versions)
E97510H_00 (https://mega.co.nz/#!0gtWRABR!WSbEST...Y3UKMh3m4i7i14) and installing it through KDZ Updater (http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2010624)

2. After that install freegee (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....shell.freegee) and unlock your phone`s bootloader by tapping CWM or TWRP and choosing "mako unlock method" >> "classic" can also do the job, but in my opinion "mako" is the safer option

See there? This never talks about a storage encyrption, right? The reason you are getting stuck at LG logo is because your original firmware (in my case Turkey 10J) locks the storage so that only a firmware from your region could use it. So when you flash KitKat it's actually Korean, so you get stuck at the logo because the storage is locked to other firmwares. The idea behind my solution is to flash some firmware that is other than your region specific one, and bypass that storage lock by hard resetting when it asks for decryption password.

So do as say; flash Germany 10F, hard reset IF it asks for decyrption pass (if it doesn't you have to find a kdz that does) and use that rom as a base to flashing kitkat (I mean don't flash your region specific kdz again) and then It'll work.

nch26

Jun 14, 2012
Buenos Aires
www.youtube.com
I am not talking about the kdz mentioned on the post.

See here:

See there? This never talks about a storage encyrption, right? The reason you are getting stuck at LG logo is because your original firmware (in my case Turkey 10J) locks the storage so that only a firmware from your region could use it. So when you flash KitKat it's actually Korean, so you get stuck at the logo because the storage is locked to other firmwares. The idea behind my solution is to flash some firmware that is other than your region specific one, and bypass that storage lock by hard resetting when it asks for decryption password.

So do as say; flash Germany 10F, hard reset IF it asks for decyrption pass (if it doesn't you have to find a kdz that does) and use that rom as a base to flashing kitkat (I mean don't flash your region specific kdz again) and then It'll work.

The kdz of this tutorial is not for my region. Im from Argentina and when used this kdz i wiped all my internal storage and used the rom for based for kitkat. Dont work..

alluebin

Jan 6, 2014
lohja
Hey guys, what feaures does this rom have? Like what lockscreen effects, is there knokckon? Thanks :D

Sent from my overheated phone while browsing cat pictures

Top Liked Posts