[Q] Root Note 3 - Ubuntu

Search This thread

AndyBrine

Oct 3, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I have searched all over the internet and have been unable to find an answer to this question. Has anyone been able to root a Galaxy Note 3 on Ubuntu. If you have done it or know someone who has, please let me know.

Thanks
Andy :good:

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hi Everyone,

I have searched all over the internet and have been unable to find an answer to this question. Has anyone been able to root a Galaxy Note 3 on Ubuntu. If you have done it or know someone who has, please let me know.

Thanks
Andy :good:

Search after Heimdall - is the open-source equivalent of Odin. And then write in download mode the CORRECT cf-auto-root for your firmware. Knox flag WILL be triggered (unless your firmware is before 4.3 MJ3, in which case you will have to use Heimdall with files generated by Universal De La Vega method, but the Knox flag will not be triggered).

AndyBrine

Oct 3, 2012
Search after Heimdall - is the open-source equivalent of Odin. And then write in download mode the CORRECT cf-auto-root for your firmware. Knox flag WILL be triggered (unless your firmware is before 4.3 MJ3, in which case you will have to use Heimdall with files generated by Universal De La Vega method, but the Knox flag will not be triggered).

Thanks for your reply xclub. I have tried Heimdall and was not able to run it successfully with my Note 3. Do you have any instructions for Rooting the Note 3 with Heimdall?

Ps. I have the same firmware as yourself N9005