[SCRIPT] DROID RAZR HD 926 (only) Utility 1.4 KK - Windows [Updated 06/16/2014]

Search This thread

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Did you extract it to a path that has spaces in it by chance? If so, don't do that. If not, then I'll let bweN answer it.

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
i wish i could, but i have never seen this error before. more details may be helpful, cant say for sure.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
My gut instinct tells me the batch file is being run either from the zip file (in which case they need to unzip it obviously) or being run from a directory with a space in the path.

Reactions: bweN diorD

swapyworld

Jul 3, 2011
Redmi K20 Pro
@bweN diorD
was referring to this thread here
I am on JB right now with 9.18.79.xt926 on my droid razr maxx hd...and downloading your kit 1.41. so now
1. install moto drivers
2. put my mobile in ap fastboot and press option 1 to 4 one by one to have 'stock JB with unlocked bootloader and rooted'

then how come it says "now you have a fully functional razr hd or maxx hd with root and an unlocked bootloader on KitKat" i mean it will flash JB isnt it? please help

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
@bweN diorD
was referring to this thread here
I am on JB right now with 9.18.79.xt926 on my droid razr maxx hd...and downloading your kit 1.41. so now
1. install moto drivers
2. put my mobile in ap fastboot and press option 1 to 4 one by one to have 'stock JB with unlocked bootloader and rooted'

then how come it says "now you have a fully functional razr hd or maxx hd with root and an unlocked bootloader on KitKat" i mean it will flash JB isnt it? please help

version 1.4 and 1.41 flashes KK not JB, so if you follow that guide, you will be on KK as it states. you can get back to JB by following the guide all the way to the bottom and not stopping at the line you quoted, if you wish.

if you are not already unlocked, you will need to follow the steps from the top down to the line you quoted, to get unlocked. cant be done on JB unless your still on an older version, which you are not.

Reactions: swapyworld

swapyworld

Jul 3, 2011
Redmi K20 Pro
version 1.4 and 1.41 flashes KK not JB, so if you follow that guide, you will be on KK as it states. you can get back to JB by following the guide all the way to the bottom and not stopping at the line you quoted, if you wish.

if you are not already unlocked, you will need to follow the steps from the top down to the line you quoted, to get unlocked. cant be done on JB unless your still on an older version, which you are not.
thanks mate...i understood when i opened the batch file...had to turn off av and firewall so it could go on smooth.
Now already on KK with unlocked bl (checked in fastboot) can i uninstall towelroot and motocalypse app after that?

btw u mentioned about editing xml files in sbf versions from here ...may i know how to edit those?
btw any other way of flashing custom recoveries than that of fastboot method??

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
thanks mate...i understood when i opened the batch file...had to turn off av and firewall so it could go on smooth.
Now already on KK with unlocked bl (checked in fastboot) can i uninstall towelroot and motocalypse app after that?

btw u mentioned about editing xml files in sbf versions from here ...may i know how to edit those?
btw any other way of flashing custom recoveries than that of fastboot method??

im not familiar with towel root, but i believe you can remove it. you can defiantly remove motopocalypse.

just edit the xml file completely removing any lines containing "getvar", "gpt/partition", and "tz", then close and save.
i have already provided an edited JB file in the guide, so you dont have to do it.

you can use flashify from the market to flash img files as long as you are rooted.

swapyworld

Jul 3, 2011
Redmi K20 Pro
im not familiar with towel root, but i believe you can remove it. you can defiantly remove motopocalypse.

just edit the xml file completely removing any lines containing "getvar", "gpt/partition", and "tz", then close and save.
i have already provided an edited JB file in the guide, so you dont have to do it.

you can use flashify from the market to flash img files as long as you are rooted.
man u have mentioned few kitkat specific cwm n twrp....never heard that recoveries are OS version specific...why is it so here?
and if i flash jb sbf provided by u....after that which cwm should i flash? can i get the latest one from cwm thread or any specific one?

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
man u have mentioned few kitkat specific cwm n twrp....never heard that recoveries are OS version specific...why is it so here?
and if i flash jb sbf provided by u....after that which cwm should i flash? can i get the latest one from cwm thread or any specific one?

it has been my experience that cwm and twrp need to be updated to support new versions, especially if there major changes like JB to KK. otherwise, i think it depends on what exactly got updated weather new versions are required.

i believe if you flash the jb file i provided you would need to use the latest JB version of a recovery (the jb file i provided is the last version), but hopefully someone else will jump in and confirm this. i really havent done any custom flashing on this phone in about a year.

swapyworld

Jul 3, 2011
Redmi K20 Pro
it has been my experience that cwm and twrp need to be updated to support new versions, especially if there major changes like JB to KK. otherwise, i think it depends on what exactly got updated weather new versions are required.

i believe if you flash the jb file i provided you would need to use the latest JB version of a recovery (the jb file i provided is the last version), but hopefully someone else will jump in and confirm this. i really havent done any custom flashing on this phone in about a year.
one last thing mate.....custom roms don't change BL so
1. Will flashing jb file you provided will downgrade my BL to JB?
2. Any bad effects if i flash custom JB rom directly over KK after flashing a recovery you provided in tool kit?

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
one last thing mate.....custom roms don't change BL so
1. Will flashing jb file you provided will downgrade my BL to JB?
2. Any bad effects if i flash custom JB rom directly over KK after flashing a recovery you provided in tool kit?

1. i think it wont, but im not sure really.
2. not sure what bad will happen, but it wont work because you will have the kk bl.

kpitao

May 20, 2010
Hello everyone,

I know this tread is old but, I have a problem and I hope someone here can help me. I have a mot razr 926 with these specs:

android version 4.1.2;
System version 9.30.1.XT926.Verizon
Kernel 3.0.31 ( I believe is stock)
Build number 9.8.1Q-94-1

My phone was rooted before with stock rom; I had to do a factory reset; so I reset, rooted again and my mistake it was trying to unlock the bootloader ( I know, I know, it's 9.30....)
Now my problem is that I don't have "recovery" or I don't have access to it. Things that I have tried:
Moto utility 1.34
Moto utility 1.3 gpt fix
Razr HD Recovery flasher V7 (tried to install cwm and stock)

I'm just trying to get any recovery working.... any help would be appreciated

Thanks

manuski

Sep 7, 2010
If your unlocked and you have root then I'm pretty sure you can just flash a recovery via USB through the computer. You can even download an application called flash recovery I believe, and if you have the recovery file and put in your phone ( or even download here on one of the forums) you can flash it. Again. If you have root

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

kpitao

May 20, 2010
If your unlocked and you have root then I'm pretty sure you can just flash a recovery via USB through the computer. You can even download an application called flash recovery I believe, and if you have the recovery file and put in your phone ( or even download here on one of the forums) you can flash it. Again. If you have root

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Actually I can't ; phone is not unlocked; so I cannot install any custom Recovery because of that.... I have to find a way to install the stock Recovery; I tried using the options on this tread but it says "successful" however when I tried to boot in recovery I get the android logo with the red triangulum

thanks anyway

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *********PSA**********

a new update is rolling out NOW

use version 1.41 and the UNLOCK GUIDE now!!!, before you take the update!!!.

once updated by the 9/9/14 ota, you are screwed permanently from unlocking and rooting.

WARNING
    unlocked users on the oficial KK need to use rsd to flash back to JB before you can use the JB version of this utility again.
    locked users on KK can not flash back to JB by any means, including this script.

check out my guide for flashing to KK, unlocking the bootloader, and flashing back to JB if you wish here.

DroidRazrUtilityLogo.png

This is ONLY for the DROID RAZR XT926 and DROID RAZR HD MAXX XT926. Do NOT use this on an XT925!

DROID RAZR HD Utility by MattLGroff, Updated [1.3+] to include the latest OTA, Recoveries, and Root by Me.
    Thanks and Credit goes to Matt and the dev's who's tools are in this script.

- Mac & Linux Instructions See This Thread
    ( no longer supported in newer versions, sorry)

Extract .zip to its own folder on the Desktop.
    Install the required drivers. The folder with the drivers is called "Drivers [WINDOWS ONLY]" and is included in the Utility folder.
    Double click the ".bat" file. This will be called "WindowsUtility.bat" the image is just for reference.

YOrlfVS.png

SOME OPTIONS ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN EVERY VERSION, no point including things that dont work on the version being flashed.

Possible options, depending on version:

1 Flash 4.1.2 Stock System, Kernel, and Radio (Data Wipe) [from AP Fastboot]
    2 Flash 4.1.2 Stock Recovery [from AP Fastboot]
    3 Motochopper Root Exploit by djrbliss [from Normal Boot] old method, older builds, 9.16 and before
    4 Same as #3 UPDATED for the latest ota by SamuriHL, merged into this script by Me New method, locked or unlocked bootloader 9.18.79 to 9.20.1
    5 Unlock Bootloader (Install Motopocalypse App) [from Normal Boot] this will NOT unlock your bootloader if you are already on 9.18.79, 9.20.1, or newer JB, but will on rooted KK
    6 Flash TWRP 2.6.3.0 Recovery -[Updated by Djuniah] UNLOCKED BL REQUIRED [from Normal Boot]
    7 Flash OUDHS 1.0.3.4 Recovery - UNLOCKED BL REQUIRED [from Normal Boot]
    8 Flash CWM 6.0.3.5 Recovery - UNLOCKED BL REQUIRED [from Normal Boot]

Number 1 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official 4.1.2 System, Kernel, and Radio as well we wipe your data.

Number 2 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official 4.1.2 Stock Recovery.

Number 3 Explained -- This is Dan Rosenberg's root exploit called 'Motochopper'. This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled. old builds

Number 4 Explained-- Same as #3 UPDATED by SamuriHL for 9.18.79 and 9.20.1 (locked or unlocked bootloader)

Number 5 Explained -- Again, this will NOT unlock your bootloader if you are already on this update
    This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled. It will install an App version of Dan Rosenberg's Motopocalypse exploit for unlocking the bootloader.

Number 6 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally with USB Debugging enabled, and be already Rooted. This will flash TWRP 2.6.3.0 Recovery.

Number 7 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally with USB Debugging enabled, and be already Rooted. This will flash OUDHS 1.0.3.4 Recovery.

Number 8 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally with USB Debugging enabled, and be already Rooted. This will flash CWM 6.0.3.5 Recovery.

Remember, do not run this utility unless your phone is at 100% battery OR you have bought yourself one of Team Black Hat's Factory-Style Programming Adapters.

Thanks to Shabbypenguin and OUDHS for making the original OUDHS which Matt ported over. Thanks to Hashcode and dhacker29 for making the STS-Dev Team repo. Thanks to Djrbliss for Motochopper and Motopocalypse! Thanks to TomSgt for making the video (coming soon to be added to the OP).

Video:
    http://youtu.be/ej7HBxvNPv0

Download version 1.33 (10/25/2013) (added root for the ota in this build, 9.18.79-9.20.1)
    File size: 582 MB
    MD5: 7DE0DCEC718445B76B34B1FE70EB1ED0

Download version 1.34 (11/09/2013) (updated to the latest ota 9.30.1/9.18.94, slimmed down version, new ota and current recoveries only)
    (there was no working root method for this ota at the time of this build, so its not included)
    File size: 569 MB
    MD5: 374A052E99894676ACC7B959DA097AE6

GPT error fix -- Mirror 926 GPT error fix script this is for JB only, do not use this if you were on the official KK at any time, it will not work as the partition table can never be downdraded.
    File size: 540MB
    MD5: D60EBC01E1CC803E18A2C7B22D31ACA6

Download version 1.4 KitKat (05/22/2014) (this is a FULL version and can be used to flash from any version to KitKat. Data Wipe or NO Data Wipe files are included also.) (root can be achieved with this app)
    File size: 703MB
    MD5: E4BB44ECFC8CB70002BA17B0D8611448

Download version 1.41 KitKat (06/16/2014) THIS IS THE SAME VERSION AS 1.4 i merely added in sub folders, new root app, old bootloader app (yes this works again on KK), new cwm for KK, and new twrp for KK, for convenience.
    File size: 710MB
    MD5: 3586516747FD4B2F9EF78A34558A3364
    It will work, yes. It's what I do in my tools for Linux/Mac users. However, there's a caveat here. You can flash custom recovery, and that's a good idea, but, there's no way to boot directly from AP Fastboot mode to recovery. So what I tell people is skip the reboot altogether, unplug the phone, turn it OFF, then boot it up into the menu so you can select recovery before it ever boots.
    Hello,

I have an XT925, my bootloader is unlocked, and I'm on official leaked OTA 4.4 (modified to be flashed with CWM recovery).

RSD lite fail to downgrade befause of GPT security. It seems it is because of "partition_signed" if I understood the OP message...

Can I downgrade with RSD Lite without "partition_signed" ?

Thank you

Edit : I tried, I had to remove patititon_signed and tz_signed from XML file to enable flash

Someone know what tz_signed is for ?

yes, to downgrade you need to remove those 2 lines and getvar, as you stated.
    the reason you have to delete them is, they can never be downgraded, even with an unlocked phone. trying will just result in a fail result as im sure you saw.

tz= trust zone, its part of the security. you could use google if you want a more detailed description.
    The difference between 182 and 183 are the version number and the signing keys. That's it. 182 was the soak build, so, yes, we did manage to get an FXZ for that thanks to a member here on the forum who leaked it to us. 183 is the "official" release that updates 9.30.1. It's considered to be the official path, not that it makes any difference whatsoever. The actual code is identical. It's just a matter of what version it updated and the signing keys they used on it. Functionally, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference cause there isn't any.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

64 bit Linux mint. I'm pretty sure it was because I used the 'android-tools-fastboot' package and not the actual sdk now that u mentioned that about the binaries.

Yup, that'd do it.
    Find a flashable baseband .zip and flash it in recovery.

How would you flash the 4.1 radio onto 4.3 CM?

Sent from my XT926 using XDA Premium HD app

i didnt make this, nor can confirm it works, it was posted by someone right after the update on another forum. http://www.mediafire.com/download/g5jyi3m45skpo3g/RAZR_HD-radio_updater.zip