Returning to pretty much stock for the international version

Search This thread

DANIELWHITT

Jun 19, 2009
Birmingham
Just a little guide on how to return your device to pretty much 100% stock from unlocked bootloader, s-off, custom recovery and supersu

this is only for the international version as we dont have an ruu so this is the best we can do with what we have.

The only thing you need is your standard recovery for the international vaiant.

Please note this is how i got my device back to 100% stock and i will take no repsonsibility if you **** your phone up, this is just how i did it.

Step 1

Reboot into bootloader and then into fastboot

Step 2

flash back the standard recovery

fastboot flash recovery (insert recovery name).img

Step 3

relock your bootloader

to LOCK your bootloader,enter the following:

adb devices

adb shell

su (if needed to get a # prompt)

echo -ne '\x00\x00\x00\x00' | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=33796
(i would very strongly recomend you copy/paste this)

exit
(exit a second time if you need to to get back to a normal > prompt)

adb reboot bootloader

verify you are now locked

special thanks to scotty1223 for this little gem

Step 4

Reboot into android and unroot yourself via whichever app you use,

Step 5

reboot back into bootloader and then fastboot

at this point you should have a locked bootloader with no flags, a stock recovery and no root, just s-off.

to remove s off you now need the following command

fastboot oem writesecureflag 3

the reboot the bootloader to conform the phone is now finally s-on

Hope this helps.

Please don't shoot me down in flames, thought this may come in useful for someone.

Last edited:

andrdnl

May 12, 2013
The outcome of this will be a stock looking bootloader and a stock recovery. But the ROM will still be a custom one.
If we would have access to a RUU or a some image.zip then it will be ok.

Even if so, i would recommend going S-ON after applying the RUU, if you really want this although i don't recommend it.

Short story - i've S-OFFed my One and send it to warranty, the phone returned and i couldn't use the exploit anymore.

DANIELWHITT

Jun 19, 2009
Birmingham
The outcome of this will be a stock looking bootloader and a stock recovery. But the ROM will still be a custom one.

Even if so, i would recommend going S-ON after applying the RUU, if you really want this although i don't recommend it.

Short story - i've S-OFFed my One and send it to warranty, the phone returned and i couldn't use the exploit anymore.

We don't have the ruu so this is the best we can do, as for the s off exploit, what method did you use?????

Last edited:
Reactions: joshua_Ralph

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
As the other person noted this does not return someone to "100% stock". Step two has one too many b's in fastboot. Also Verizon and Sprint do have ruus for use.

jaypeg123

Sep 20, 2009
Malmoe
You dont need to be s-on to install stockrom, and I have hade my phones to repair with s-off and never heard anything about it.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Install a stock twrp backup, then supersu, boot up the phone and make sure you have root to lock the bootloader. When rooted install stock recovery, lock bootloader and reboot. Unroot and reboot again. Then you can download updates

ctot

Dec 26, 2009
Thanks for sharing the info. I'm trying to return back to normal, but I need an international European 3.23 Hboot to be able to S-On again. I have flashed the NoRedText version and when try to S-on the answer is:
... INFOpartition hboot signature error
INFOwritesecureflag: partitions siganture failed

Another question, I've flashed the standard recovery, but when I boot recovery the screen shows a red triangle with an ! in the middle and I can do nothing else.

¿Any suggestions?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just a little guide on how to return your device to pretty much 100% stock from unlocked bootloader, s-off, custom recovery and supersu

this is only for the international version as we dont have an ruu so this is the best we can do with what we have.

The only thing you need is your standard recovery for the international vaiant.

Please note this is how i got my device back to 100% stock and i will take no repsonsibility if you **** your phone up, this is just how i did it.

Step 1

Reboot into bootloader and then into fastboot

Step 2

flash back the standard recovery

fastboot flash recovery (insert recovery name).img

Step 3

relock your bootloader

to LOCK your bootloader,enter the following:

adb devices

adb shell

su (if needed to get a # prompt)

echo -ne '\x00\x00\x00\x00' | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=33796
    (i would very strongly recomend you copy/paste this)

exit
    (exit a second time if you need to to get back to a normal > prompt)

adb reboot bootloader

verify you are now locked

special thanks to scotty1223 for this little gem

Step 4

Reboot into android and unroot yourself via whichever app you use,

Step 5

reboot back into bootloader and then fastboot

at this point you should have a locked bootloader with no flags, a stock recovery and no root, just s-off.

to remove s off you now need the following command

fastboot oem writesecureflag 3

the reboot the bootloader to conform the phone is now finally s-on

Hope this helps.

Please don't shoot me down in flames, thought this may come in useful for someone.
    As the other person noted this does not return someone to "100% stock". Step two has one too many b's in fastboot. Also Verizon and Sprint do have ruus for use.

Like i said, ive only done this as it may help others like me with warranty repairs. Ive changed a few things now so hopefully this is ok now.

We don't have the ruu so this is the best we can do, as for the s off exploit, what method did you use?????
    Regardless of wether you use an ruu or not, the s on would still be the last step. Like I said, this is how I went back to stock setup without an ruu.