How many spontanious cracked screens witin the xda-z1c users

Search This thread

haiko228

May 14, 2013
After only enjoying my Z1c for not even 24 hours I encounterd a spontanious crack in my screen. I honestly swear noting happend to the phone. IAfter unpacking I left the screen protectors on the screen untill I got the real screen protectors. And I put a CaseMate tough on the phone.
Since 19 of march I'm waiting a get it back from the retailer (webshop).

I'm wondering how many of you have had the same problem, and if it is a worldwide problem. Sony Netherlands is not that respinsive. Tried to call them today, but after 10 min waiting the connection was broken with the message try again later.
I got a mail from the retailer, who got information from the repar centre. They said 3rc repair centre was waiting for parts.........

So, again: who hasthe same problems?

LotoTutu

Dec 30, 2013
After only enjoying my Z1c for not even 24 hours I encounterd a spontanious crack in my screen. I honestly swear noting happend to the phone. IAfter unpacking I left the screen protectors on the screen untill I got the real screen protectors. And I put a CaseMate tough on the phone.
Since 19 of march I'm waiting a get it back from the retailer (webshop).

I'm wondering how many of you have had the same problem, and if it is a worldwide problem. Sony Netherlands is not that respinsive. Tried to call them today, but after 10 min waiting the connection was broken with the message try again later.
I got a mail from the retailer, who got information from the repar centre. They said 3rc repair centre was waiting for parts.........

So, again: who hasthe same problems?
Mine is good now. It seems the Xperia Z lines phone comes with a lot of adhesive for water resistance. Temperature will affect the adhesive that leads to self-crack. :(It had happened on many Z1 users.

haiko228

May 14, 2013
Well, after I made some complaints via 2 dutch complaint-sites, within 3 days I had a new phone. Before the complaint I asked the retailer for a statusupdate (this, after hearing nothing for 3 weeks) and he replied the status was 'waiting for parts'.

So my guess is: if you can cpmplain via the media, it might speed up some things.

What I'm still wondering about is if running an app can cause 'something' to break the screen.

I installed iGo May way (as explained somewhere on this site) and after that the screen broke. So I didn't try the app on the new phone.

Maybe someone on the forum can inform me about this. Was it a coincidence or is it related?