[Q] Touch Screen Doesn't Work For Some Reason

Search This thread
May 17, 2014
I root my phone in order to downgrade my HTC One back to Android 4.1.2 Sense 5. I found the perfect ROM which was Guru_Reset_M7_1.26.502.15 from htc1guru. So I installed it but after it booting I couldn't use the touch screen anymore for some reason! I could use the touch screen when I'm in TWRP recovery but not on the ROM itself so I know it's not a hardware issue.

If this helps at all, my phone is running:
TAMPERED
UNLOCKED
S-ON
H-BOOT 1.56.0000
ROOTED (I know because the notifications tell me that it's there, unfortunately I can't access it due to the touch screen problem in the way)
If there's any more information needed just tell me

I REALLY NEED HELP SOMEBODY'S HELP!
I have searched countless forums but most of the time I have no idea what half of them they are talking about. Is it a kernel thing? An S-OFF thing? What could it be?? (I'm still new to this rooting thing)

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
I root my phone in order to downgrade my HTC One back to Android 4.1.2 Sense 5. I found the perfect ROM which was Guru_Reset_M7_1.26.502.15 from htc1guru. So I installed it but after it booting I couldn't use the touch screen anymore for some reason! I could use the touch screen when I'm in TWRP recovery but not on the ROM itself so I know it's not a hardware issue.

If this helps at all, my phone is running:
TAMPERED
UNLOCKED
S-ON
H-BOOT 1.56.0000
ROOTED (I know because the notifications tell me that it's there, unfortunately I can't access it due to the touch screen problem in the way)
If there's any more information needed just tell me

I REALLY NEED HELP SOMEBODY'S HELP!
I have searched countless forums but most of the time I have no idea what half of them they are talking about. Is it a kernel thing? An S-OFF thing? What could it be?? (I'm still new to this rooting thing)

Read the instructions at the top of the page....

http://www.htc1guru.com/downloads/stock-rom-downloads/

May 17, 2014
So I would need to re-lock the bootloader and upload the Adnroid 4.1.2 OTA (or is it the current?) onto my phone and it should work?

Is this correct?

Would I really need an OTG cable for this or can I use CMD prompts to do so? ...

And is there anything else I would need to do?

Sorry in advance if I sound like I'm over-thinking it I don't want to screw up my phone

Last edited:

iElvis

May 24, 2012
Modville
OnePlus 9 Pro
It sounds you loaded a bad touchscreen driver onto your phone with that RUU. TWRP works because it has its own driver. It's possible you've got a later model phone that isn't compatible with the firmware in the RUU.

Why do you want to roll it back so far?

May 17, 2014
It sounds you loaded a bad touchscreen driver onto your phone with that RUU. TWRP works because it has its own driver. It's possible you've got a later model phone that isn't compatible with the firmware in the RUU.

Why do you want to roll it back so far?

Honestly, I don't like the look of the update/change within the phone. There's nothing great about it except the improved emojis.

A stupid reason? Probably.... but if there's no way to go back without having these big ass problems in the way, then I'll just go back to the current official stock firmware for my phone and learn to live with it