[App] MoreRecent - Shows 15 recent apps (updated 5/18/10)

Search This thread

britoso

Jan 13, 2010
Orlando
What does this do?
When launched it shows your last 15 applications. Just an improvement over the home long press functionality that is limited to 6.
You can launch it by long pressing search.

To Install:
Code:
adb install MoreRecent.apk
if you had a previous version, use this to reinstall:
Code:
adb install -r MoreRecent.apk

Code:
The code can be seen at http://code.google.com/p/morerecent/

This is my first app so be gentle :p
Open to suggestions for improvement. Report any bugs.

zYofll.jpg
lQCaVl.jpg

Change Log:
5/19/2010
- downloads will be available at the project/code site only
5/18/2010
- released code
- profiled and optimized. Upto 3x faster.
Uses its application object to cache data between launches.
5/6/2010
- supports receiving the search long press intent.
Note: Its tied to Search-long-press because thats the only one thats programmable. Let me know if you have any new info.
To undo the default setting: settings->applications->MoreRecent->"clear defaults"
- hid button background
- button text color set to white
- fixed button height and fixed rotate/landscape mode
- hid title, was a waste of space
- renamed app from "Recent12" to "MoreRecent"
- shows 15 recent apps now
- changed application icon.

Todos:
  1. Smart icon resize for lower resolution devices.
  2. Ability to 'pin' apps so they are always available. Like a quick launcher.

Downloads:
On the Market! https://market.android.com/details?id=com.britoso.morerecent
chart

From the project site (the key signing key may vary) : http://code.google.com/p/morerecent/downloads/list

Last edited:

Eclair~

Dec 21, 2009
If it replaced the actual home long press, it would be simply brilliant. Though I'd assume that isn't easy to be done. Very nice first app though, useful.

Paul22000

Jan 19, 2008
Awesome!!

Just installed. The labels get cut off on mine for some reason:

recent12300x500.png

Aside from that, the functionality seems great so far!

Yes, overriding the Home Long press would be downright AMAZING.

However, I'm 99% sure it's impossible...?

For now I'll be using Button Shortcut ( http://www.cyrket.com/p/android/com.socialnmobile.buttonshortcuts/ ) to hijack Search button's long press for Recent12. However, Button Shortcut is extremely buggy and it often stops working (Search long press doing nothing) or it brings up the settings menu rather than the app I have a shortcut to.

If Home long press can't be overwritten, overwriting Search long press would be awesome :) (without having to go through Button Shortcut as a middleman)

Last edited:

Paul22000

Jan 19, 2008
Also, not to get crazy or anything here, but how about an option for 15 apps :D

Paul22000

Jan 19, 2008
Its definitely possible, but how much is too much?

I say 15 because it looks like that would be the maximum amount that could fit perfectly on screen, while still having equal buffer room on top/bottom for style (and seeing the status bar etc). And the goal here is more apps in the Recent list anyway :)

Last edited:

britoso

Jan 13, 2010
Orlando
I say 15 because it looks like that would be the maximum amount that could fit perfectly on screen, while still having equal buffer room on top/bottom for style (and seeing the status bar etc). And the goal here is more apps in the Recent list anyway :)
Ok, heh I have to change the app name now.

Last edited:

britoso

Jan 13, 2010
Orlando
updated. check the op.
The app name changed, you can either keep the old app (Recent12) or uninstall it.

Treatcon

Apr 6, 2010
Austin, TX
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I agree but the version put out by Pershoot fixes a graphical glitch that causes lag in certain CPU intensive apps/games. This Mod does not. Not taking anything away from the OP just pointing out a big upside to the Pershoot version

Maybe so, but unlike Pershoots versions this app, not mod, did not mess with my current theme setup. No digging in files and replacing png's. Don't get me wrong I enjoy and very much appreciate the work that he did, just britoso's version is an app, easier to install and it didn't conflict with any thing else on my phone. In my opinion that is :)