HTC One S vs HTC Sensation / XE

Search This thread

mox123

Dec 4, 2009
Is it just me or is the sensation very similar to the htc one s minus the adreno 225 where as the sensation has adreno 220?

fr0zenblood75

Apr 5, 2011
San Antonio
The CPU has been improved immensely. So has the camera. The screen is also super amoled but pentile matrix :/ so that can be argued I guess.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

Sgt.Incontro

Jan 24, 2012
Bristol
I prefer having removable batteries, and removable SD storage.

In day to day usage, the Sensation offers me exactly what I need as it is already quite powerful. I don't game either.

Sure the One S is a better phone, but not really worth the upgrade IMO. I'll keep waiting, maybe might get the next Google Flagship phone at the earliest. (And that is a big might.)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

melo563

Apr 12, 2011
davenport
they are definately similar but the one s would be better of course i like to think of it as an upgrade to the sensation, 4g, xe, amaze 4g, and rezound which if you look at it they are all very similar in design or specs it is like part 6 of the sensation saga the design is very similar on the one s and sensation just more polished i think so if you combine the amaze+sensation+rezound+new cpu+different screen (not saying better since i like lcd compared to amoled screen)= one s :)

itsjustmeagain

Nov 13, 2010
I prefer having removable batteries, and removable SD storage.

In day to day usage, the Sensation offers me exactly what I need as it is already quite powerful.

That's exactly my opinion.
Plus - it has enough power for games.
Plus 64GB sdcard capabilities - and that might not be the maximum - no windy cloud storage and roaming plan for data access necessary.

No One really beats the Sensation :p

webstar1

Aug 1, 2010
to me, its a load of crap!
same pixel density just super amoled for more vibrant colours
upd the ram by 200mb
camera isnt better, the camera app is, which doesnt mean it cant be ported
processor is better but, tbh, sensation is still a beast at gaming and will be until the next flagship for google comes out

fredcorp6

Apr 22, 2011
If I had the money I'd upgrade..
To me it is just a perfected sensation - more ram, more unified body, faster, better screen, better camera...
Not sure why they chose to have no SD or removable battery, but guessing there are advantages otherwise HTC wouldn't have done it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA

sshede

Dec 30, 2011
No but the Sense 4 camera app does run 99% effective on the Sensation. It's even graphically accelerated so menus and whatnot are easy to use while in the camera instead of sluggish like Sense 3.6

jriv

Apr 13, 2010
Princeton,MN
I just picked up the one s today and I had the sensation. The one s is a beast the camera is amazing. And honestly the pentile screen doesn't bother me I can't even tell unless my face is like an inch away from the screen bit who uses their phone like that. And its so Much faster the devs here have done a great job with the sense 4 port but is not even close to the speed of the one s. It really is a night and day difference. And as far as storage I just use google play music and it stores all my songs without taking up space. I did love the development for the sensation but this one s is a beast.it really feels like a premium phone with the aluminum body

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda premium

crisisinthecity

Nov 8, 2009
Cincinnati
www.ripplejunction.com
If I had the money I'd upgrade..
To me it is just a perfected sensation - more ram, more unified body, faster, better screen, better camera...
Not sure why they chose to have no SD or removable battery, but guessing there are advantages otherwise HTC wouldn't have done it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA

HTC did it for quality control. That's why Apple does it. Thats why any of them do it. Makes it easier to troubleshoot an issue if you can rule out another manufacturers SD card or after market battery causing problems.

A jacked SD card or crappy after market battery leads to more warranty repairs for them.

Hopefully there will be bigger storage and more external battery cases for new Android devices if the trend continues, which I think is an absolute certainty.

Good for them, sucks for most of us who want the option.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

hortaja

Jul 3, 2010
I went to T-moble today to upgrade from my sensation to the one s, but NOPE. The pentil display was way to obvious for me. I love my display in the sensation. I could clearly see the pixles/blocks without trying. Now I have perfect 20/20 vision. It was just too obvious for me.

Now I knew about and was looking for it. IF I did nto know I might have missed it in the showroom floor, but after playing with it at home for some time it would have become very obvious. Once you see the pixles they dont go away. This was a major turn off for me.

The lack of SD no big deal at all for me. But the non removeable battery AND pentile display, I'll wait for a T-moble version of the One X or the next HTC product.

The offered me a free Samsung Glaxacy 2 or something like that but I love HTC and sense.

Jerry

jriv

Apr 13, 2010
Princeton,MN
I went to T-moble today to upgrade from my sensation to the one s, but NOPE. The pentil display was way to obvious for me. I love my display in the sensation. I could clearly see the pixles/blocks without trying. Now I have perfect 20/20 vision. It was just too obvious for me.

Now I knew about and was looking for it. IF I did nto know I might have missed it in the showroom floor, but after playing with it at home for some time it would have become very obvious. Once you see the pixles they dont go away. This was a major turn off for me.

The lack of SD no big deal at all for me. But the non removeable battery AND pentile display, I'll wait for a T-moble version of the One X or the next HTC product.

The offered me a free Samsung Glaxacy 2 or something like that but I love HTC and sense.

Jerry
I don't get it i can't see the pixels at all

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda premium