[REVIEW] - Nillkin Cases

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 4594244

these cases look really nice, i might have to buy one to try.

Tikerz

Nov 5, 2005
Mesa, AZ
I ordered the TPU case. I read some reviews of Nillkin cases in the other phone forums and they were very good.

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
Had a couple of Nillkin cases for my SGS2 they were fine. These should be as good as those.

gkhn

Jan 25, 2009
How come the TPU has no cutout for the volumerocker?
What advantages has the TPU over the hardcase?

Supaiku

Oct 18, 2010
I just bought a One X and two cases:
Nillkin TPU and hard case.
I hope everything will arrive today! But maybe just this weekend:)

I would image the TPU cases don't have cutouts because you don't need a cutout with such soft rubber. But that's just a guess. (for now!)

Mischaseb

Jan 20, 2012
Sydney

Probably no cutout because you can press them through a case.

In order to protect your phone when you drop it, a case has to slow your phone down gradually and absorb the force of the impact when it hits the pavement which is what a soft case does. A hard case just transfers that force straight to the phone so they're almost useless if you drop it. Hard cases are for preventing scratches only... but then if you get a grain of sand inbetween the case and the phone, it will make more scratches than if you didnt have it.

gkhn

Jan 25, 2009
Probably no cutout because you can press them through a case.

In order to protect your phone when you drop it, a case has to slow your phone down gradually and absorb the force of the impact when it hits the pavement which is what a soft case does. A hard case just transfers that force straight to the phone so they're almost useless if you drop it. Hard cases are for preventing scratches only... but then if you get a grain of sand inbetween the case and the phone, it will make more scratches than if you didnt have it.

And a TPU case prevents the grain of sand getting there?
Also i'm guessing that if you press the rocker through the case you won't feel any 'click'?

D

Deleted member 4594244

some TPU cases have the click feel to it and some have a thicker TPU casing which doesn't have the click feel. I purchased a TPU case off of HandheldItems and the power/volume buttons all have a click feel to them.

24inchsub

Aug 17, 2010
i got a nillkin hard case in white and i have to say its quite nice. It may look like an ordinary case but the back of it is textured with grip and the sides are glossy and shiny like the one X. It raise the back of the phone very slightly so the camera lens doesn't get scratched easily. for under 20bucks i must say im quite impressed with it. it comes with a screen protector which i haven't tried to put on since i suck at it and a tiny cleaning cloth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tikerz

gkhn

Jan 25, 2009
I just ordered the black TPU case. Will let y'all know when it arrives and if it is worth the purchase.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here are some photos of the Nillkin Hard and Soft Cases.
    Dunno if these pics are really necessary, as they pale in quality compared to the sales pics from Nillkin, but who knows. Here they are. For higher res pics check out the picasa gallery.

My hard case is brown. I notice that it sorta blocks access to the power button just a smidge so you have to get the right angle when pressing it (still not really a problem). I like the texturing.
    P1090318.JPG
    P1090324.JPG

P1090325.JPG
    P1090326.JPG

P1090327.JPG

The soft case is not really very sticky/rubbery, it's sorta a harder, slicker sort of rubber. It has a place to attach a string/clip (see pics), and includes holes for the microphones, I suppose? (top and bottom). The sides rise above the screen, so if you place it face down the case rests on the table, not the screen.
    P1090328.JPG
    P1090329.JPG

P1090331.JPG
    P1090333.JPG

P1090334.JPG

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

And a TPU case prevents the grain of sand getting there?
    Also i'm guessing that if you press the rocker through the case you won't feel any 'click'?

You can feel the button activating. Maybe not as clearly, but I know I'm pressing it. I get it with my phone in my pocket no problem.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Hard case. There is no cutout for the volumerocker.

My Nillkin hardcase has a cuttout for the volume rocker, while the softcase does not.

TPU case is similar to a "gel" or silicone case. I like it because it covers the top and bottom of the phone where the hardcase doesn't
    i got a nillkin hard case in white and i have to say its quite nice. It may look like an ordinary case but the back of it is textured with grip and the sides are glossy and shiny like the one X. It raise the back of the phone very slightly so the camera lens doesn't get scratched easily. for under 20bucks i must say im quite impressed with it. it comes with a screen protector which i haven't tried to put on since i suck at it and a tiny cleaning cloth.
    I ordered this yesterday, but now I wonder: Is this a hard case or a silicon case?

Hard case. There is a cutout for the volumerocker.

Edit: typo, my baaadd! Hard case has a cutout :).