[ROM] VZW JDQ39 4.2.2 Stock, rooted, deodex, busybox, zipalign + MODS

Search This thread

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Here is the new JDQ39 stock rom for Verizon LTE Galaxy Nexus from the leaked OTA from google's servers. It is stock other than being rooted (CWM version), busybox, deodexed, zipaligned, insecure kernel, and init.d support. You can flash it with any custom recovery and should probably wipe/factory reset to help ensure you won't have any problems. This is only the ROM and will not upgrade the radios. You can get the new radios HERE. I will add some mods in the coming days, but I would imagine that any mod made for aosp 4.2.2 will probably work.

As usual, flash at your own risk and post any successes or problems.

Goo.im DOWNLOAD

CUBBY.COM MIRROR

MD5: 6d58b5c69e11f1a03d1ecaffbc81f1f8
Size: 251.69 MB

Thanks to El Madhatter for posting the google link to the update and oldblue910 for the link to the OTA update from google's servers.

MODS: - All mods backup the original file that is replaced to /path/filename.apk.bak. To restore, just delete/rename the 'mod' version and remove '.bak' from the original version.

Extended Power Menu - CM style
- Ability to reboot, hot reboot, reboot recovery, & reboot bootloader.
- Replaces /system/framework/android.policy.jar
- Thanks to Cyanogenmod and xIC-MACIx
- DOWLOAD
- MIRROR
- MD5: ba770f7e7b491468c642b225a0d6bd61

Facebook Sync Mod
- Enable contacts sync using the official Facebook app
- Replaces /system/app/ContactsProvider.apk
- DOWNLOAD
- MIRROR
- MD5: a9de49b9e0aefc20656bd76c1d8961f4
Instructions - Thanks craigacgomez said:
- Remove you Facebook account
- Go to Settings > Accounts & sync
- Uncheck "Sync Contacts" from every account (where available)
- Go to Settings > Apps > All, select "Contacts Storage" and click "Clear data) [you will lose any contacts which are not synced to any account]
- Reboot into recovery and flash the mod zip
- Reboot and enable "Sync Contacts" for all the account
- Add your Facebook account, select the contacts sync option and wait 2-5 mins
- If your Facebook contacts do not show up, go to Settings > Accounts & sync
- Select the Facebook account, and uncheck and re-check "Sync Contacts" and wait 2-5 mins (pictures may take a while to appear)

1% Battery Mods
- Replaces /system/app/SystemUI.apk
-
Screenshot_2012-12-07-22-40-23.png

- DOWNLOAD
- MIRROR
- MD5: 98d144757692bb82727d10ea6ae2620d
- A circular version made by mcl630 is HERE.
-
attachment.php

Native Tethering
- Removes carrier check when tethering
- Replaces /system/framework/framework-res.apk
- DOWNLOAD
- MIRROR
- MD5: 2600a27ed78615299b3497a5ca05f872

Last edited:

dx1881

Dec 11, 2010
Re: ROM] VZW JDQ39 4.2.2 Stock, rooted, deodex, busybox, zipalign

Ill give it a go since the new radios seem to be good. Thx mwalt!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

glebonator

Jul 19, 2012
Ill give it a go since the new radios seem to be good. Thx mwalt!

Can somebody comment on the performance of 4.2.2 vs the initial 4.2 release which was stuttering and lagging all over the place? (not mwalt's release, just Google's in general)... I'm still on 4.1.2 and wondering whether it's time to switch finally...

crispybacon

Nov 3, 2010
Nor Cal
Can somebody comment on the performance of 4.2.2 vs the initial 4.2 release which was stuttering and lagging all over the place? (not mwalt's release, just Google's in general)... I'm still on 4.1.2 and wondering whether it's time to switch finally...

I have had no issues whatsoever with 4.2.2 or even 4.2.1 for that matter. The only issues I think people have had, is it wasn't fully our version of 4.2 so they were small issues/bugs, since everything was ported from the GSM version. Hopefully with this OTA and all the goods that come with it, everything will be fixed. I would say give it a try, worst case is you go back to a 4.2.1 rom, or go back to stock 4.1.1 and wait for the OTA in a little while.

I meant 4.1.2 rom or 4.1.1 stock. Haha.

Last edited:

The_other_ray

Sep 7, 2010

I have an unlocked, stock, rooted 4.1.1. Will I still have to wipe?

The_other_ray

Sep 7, 2010

You could always take your chances. That's what nandroids are for :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

Took my chance, everything looks good except wireless tether for root doesn't work nor does Foxfi /pdanet.

Milly7

Oct 21, 2010
ROM] VZW JDQ39 4.2.2 Stock, rooted, deodex, busybox, zipalign

Try clearing cache and data for those apps or try reinstalling

The_other_ray

Sep 7, 2010

Try clearing cache and data for those apps or try reinstalling

Yes, I've reinstalled them and all nothing. My tablet connects but remains gray to my Foxfi but nothing for wireless tether.

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009

Yes, I've reinstalled them and all nothing. My tablet connects but remains gray to my Foxfi but nothing for wireless tether.

They aren't compatible with 4.2.x. I will post the native tether mod later tonight. You can probably turn native tether on using a widget from what I remember.

The_other_ray

Sep 7, 2010

They aren't compatible with 4.2.x. I will post the native tether mod later tonight. You can probably turn native tether on using a widget from what I remember.

Much appreciated.

taz1458

Jan 19, 2011
PA

This mean it has touchwiz?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

taz1458

Jan 19, 2011
PA

Beats me. Assumed a Samsung Galaxy Nexus had it. Got this rooted so no clue what was "stock."

rsswga

Jun 18, 2010
bowdon

is there a mirror download for this? 28% in 45 mins...lol

rsjet

May 5, 2010
boston, ma
help please endless boot loop.

Tried to install this over 4.1.2 after wiping cache. After installing it did the usual "android is upgrading 1 out of 175". I'm not sure if it finished or ended prematurely but eventually, it booted. But once it gets to the homescreen it immediately reboots and is in an endless boot loop. I started the recovery to try to restore to my last backup. But it says no backups found. When going to install zip from SD card, it seems my files are all moved into a new directory called "O/".

Any ideas what to do from here? I at the very least want to get back to my backup, which is saved in O but apparantly clockwork can't see it.

Also, how do I mount the SD card from CWM to save my data to my comp just in case. I'm most worried about that and all my app data.

EDIT: I'm currently doing this ADB command to pull my SD card contents to a folder called SDCARD on my computer: adb pull data/media/0 /SDCARD

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the new JDQ39 stock rom for Verizon LTE Galaxy Nexus from the leaked OTA from google's servers. It is stock other than being rooted (CWM version), busybox, deodexed, zipaligned, insecure kernel, and init.d support. You can flash it with any custom recovery and should probably wipe/factory reset to help ensure you won't have any problems. This is only the ROM and will not upgrade the radios. You can get the new radios HERE. I will add some mods in the coming days, but I would imagine that any mod made for aosp 4.2.2 will probably work.

As usual, flash at your own risk and post any successes or problems.

Goo.im DOWNLOAD

CUBBY.COM MIRROR

MD5: 6d58b5c69e11f1a03d1ecaffbc81f1f8
    Size: 251.69 MB

Thanks to El Madhatter for posting the google link to the update and oldblue910 for the link to the OTA update from google's servers.

MODS: - All mods backup the original file that is replaced to /path/filename.apk.bak. To restore, just delete/rename the 'mod' version and remove '.bak' from the original version.

Extended Power Menu - CM style
    - Ability to reboot, hot reboot, reboot recovery, & reboot bootloader.
    - Replaces /system/framework/android.policy.jar
    - Thanks to Cyanogenmod and xIC-MACIx
    - DOWLOAD
    - MIRROR
    - MD5: ba770f7e7b491468c642b225a0d6bd61

Facebook Sync Mod
    - Enable contacts sync using the official Facebook app
    - Replaces /system/app/ContactsProvider.apk
    - DOWNLOAD
    - MIRROR
    - MD5: a9de49b9e0aefc20656bd76c1d8961f4
    Instructions - Thanks craigacgomez said:
    - Remove you Facebook account
    - Go to Settings > Accounts & sync
    - Uncheck "Sync Contacts" from every account (where available)
    - Go to Settings > Apps > All, select "Contacts Storage" and click "Clear data) [you will lose any contacts which are not synced to any account]
    - Reboot into recovery and flash the mod zip
    - Reboot and enable "Sync Contacts" for all the account
    - Add your Facebook account, select the contacts sync option and wait 2-5 mins
    - If your Facebook contacts do not show up, go to Settings > Accounts & sync
    - Select the Facebook account, and uncheck and re-check "Sync Contacts" and wait 2-5 mins (pictures may take a while to appear)

1% Battery Mods
    - Replaces /system/app/SystemUI.apk
    -
    Screenshot_2012-12-07-22-40-23.png

- DOWNLOAD
    - MIRROR
    - MD5: 98d144757692bb82727d10ea6ae2620d
    - A circular version made by mcl630 is HERE.
    -
    attachment.php

Native Tethering
    - Removes carrier check when tethering
    - Replaces /system/framework/framework-res.apk
    - DOWNLOAD
    - MIRROR
    - MD5: 2600a27ed78615299b3497a5ca05f872
    Native tethering, power menu, 1% battery, and facebook sync mods have been added to post 1.
    Probably a dumb question but what are the real and practical differences between this and a near stock room like MMuzzy? I certainly appreciate MWalt2s work in making this available but I am not sure I understand the distinction between these two types. Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    When we both release aosp-built roms, there is very little difference to the stock rom he has. However, this rom is what will be the stock image (other than the fact that it is deodexed, rooted, has busybox, and an insecure kernel so you can use adb on /system without rebooting to recovery) once google releases it if follows the previous 'leaks' and does not change before Verizon gives the ok to push to all devices. It's not aosp-based with stuff added in to make it work correctly.

I've also been doing it about 1 month longer than mmuzzy lol :D. I liked the way craigacgomez did his 4.0.4 thread with a stock rooted rom and follow along in those lines when new builds come along.
    Anyone know where I can get the latest google wallet?

You can grab it here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2122313
    Could you post a mirror?

Here's an alternate link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/108997228/JDQ39-Circular-1prct-Battery-MCL.zip

I've also added it to my original post.