[Q] How to download minimal CM source to rebuild single library?

Search This thread

aprop

Jan 13, 2014
I need to rebuild libmedia.so from CM10.1 because I want to make some minor modifications for reasons I won't go into detail here because that's a whole other story. I've researched online and it seems I need to use repo sync (http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_p990) I tried doing that to get the android source the other day but stopped after 20 min when I realised the entire source tree is around a gigantic 8-10GB. This is bad as I live in Australia where every MB counts and I'm only on a 30GB/month plan!

Which brings me to my first quesiton, how big is the CM 10.1 source tree?

If not too big, I might be able to download it all, but I really only need to rebuild libmedia.so (https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_av/tree/cm-10.2/media/libmedia) and I think I'll need the source for it's dependencies (from my limited understanding about shared libs). Using arm-eabi-ld with rpath option, I was able to find the dependencies required which are

Code:
libaudioutils.so     libgccdemangle.so   libspeexresampler.so
libbinder.so         libGLES_trace.so    libstagefright_foundation.so
libcamera_client.so  libGLESv2.so        libstdc++.so
libcorkscrew.so      libgui.so           libstlport.so
libc.so              libhardware.so      libsync.so
libcutils.so         libicuuc.so         libui.so
libdl.so             liblog.so           libutils.so
libEGL.so            libmedia_native.so  libz.so
libexpat.so          libm.so
libgabi++.so         libsonivox.so

My second question is how do I go about downloading the minimal amount in order to successfully rebuild libmedia.so? This post tends to suggest it is possible, but I don't know where this manifest is, or how to edit it for my own purposes.

aprop

Jan 13, 2014
Can the mods move this to the Android Software and Hacking General [Developers Only] forum? I think it would be more relevant there as this is more a dev question than a general one. Or should I just delete this and repost there?