Headphone jack issues? try this!

Search This thread

Mouzey

Feb 15, 2012
So my g2 has a couple of chips and scratches, but thats okay given the things its been through, and idk, it gives it more of a personal kinda feel. I cant explain. But recently, my headphone jack began to stop detecting earphones at random intervals, and it was becoming a pain.

So i decided to pop off our "non removeable" but totally removeable back plate, and have a look. Its easily done by removing the sim tray and using a guitar pick or pry tool.

I saw the headphone jack in the corner, grabbed a small implement and cleaned it a little, and then put some double sided tape over it, making sure it touches no metal, and some more in other places to stop that annoying creeking my phone sometimes does.

Put it all together, and voila! I dont know why this worked, it just did and i thought id post it here in case it works for others.
I think its because when i walk the pressure against my headphone jack pushes the port against the back of the phone slightly, and angling the jack. The tape, if this is the case, holds it all together, and reduces creeking

Like i said, might just be a one off, but it worked so i thought id tell you guys, if it turns out it was just me this works for ill have the thread removed.
Thanks for reading!

Reactions: Enter The Nexus

ksk123

Jun 16, 2009
I don't post much but I googled this issue yesterday and tried your solution and it worked! Just wanted to log in and thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So my g2 has a couple of chips and scratches, but thats okay given the things its been through, and idk, it gives it more of a personal kinda feel. I cant explain. But recently, my headphone jack began to stop detecting earphones at random intervals, and it was becoming a pain.

So i decided to pop off our "non removeable" but totally removeable back plate, and have a look. Its easily done by removing the sim tray and using a guitar pick or pry tool.

I saw the headphone jack in the corner, grabbed a small implement and cleaned it a little, and then put some double sided tape over it, making sure it touches no metal, and some more in other places to stop that annoying creeking my phone sometimes does.

Put it all together, and voila! I dont know why this worked, it just did and i thought id post it here in case it works for others.
    I think its because when i walk the pressure against my headphone jack pushes the port against the back of the phone slightly, and angling the jack. The tape, if this is the case, holds it all together, and reduces creeking

Like i said, might just be a one off, but it worked so i thought id tell you guys, if it turns out it was just me this works for ill have the thread removed.
    Thanks for reading!