Is an unlocked-bootloader valuable?

Search This thread

fireshot91

Aug 9, 2010
I have an AT&T S4 with an unlocked bootloader. However, I want a new device. I was just wondering if my device would be useful to any developers on this forum.

It currently runs 4.2.2, with I337UCUAMDB
Kernel version: 3.4.0-440216

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I have an AT&T S4 with an unlocked bootloader. However, I want a new device. I was just wondering if my device would be useful to any developers on this forum.

First, there is no unlocked bootloader on the i337. Just and exploit that gets around the locked bootloader. MDB allows that exploit. There are enough developers here who have not updated their firmware that your device is probably not worth any extra to them.

netomel

Jun 19, 2012
East Elmhurst

If you are selling it try swappa.com and point out your build that it's a big advantage to those who love flash custom roms.. it will be very valuable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fireshot91

Aug 9, 2010
First, there is no unlocked bootloader on the i337. Just and exploit that gets around the locked bootloader. MDB allows that exploit. There are enough developers here who have not updated their firmware that your device is probably not worth any extra to them.

Sorry, I didn't mean my device, but I meant a dump of my firmware. But if enough people have it, nevermind then.

If you are selling it try swappa.com and point out your build that it's a big advantage to those who love flash custom roms.. it will be very valuable.

I'll try Swappa, since i'm getting very lowball offers on CL.

Thanks.

netomel

Jun 19, 2012
East Elmhurst
Sorry, I didn't mean my device, but I meant a dump of my firmware. But if enough people have it, nevermind then.

I'll try Swappa, since i'm getting very lowball offers on CL.

Thanks.

Thanks for your intentions but bootloader locked phones can't use any lower kernel roms.