[Q] Tab 4 8.0 and 10.1 HDMI Output

Search This thread

atomicjedi

Nov 10, 2006
I recently purchased a AUVIO MHL adapter ( male micro USB to female HDMI) for my Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 (sm-t530nu). It uses a external power supply and also included the Samsung 11 pin adapter. I had read on a website that it does support MHL so I didn't think it would be an issue. However, it did NOT work and I tried with and without the adapter. After some browsing I found a miracast/allshare dongle on amazon for 22$ with free shipping and it works like a charm for the screen mirroring. I did notice while browsing that best buy had a "accessory kit" for the tab 4 10.1 that included a wall/car charger, OTG cable, and a MHL adapter. It was a dongle that plugged into your TV HDMI port and had a USB port that you connected the tab 4s charger to. So maybe it does support it and they just made changes to the connectors pins. It may have just been a mislabeled product also, who knows.

What allshare/miracast device did u buy?:rolleyes:

taitony

Dec 21, 2006
Taipei
Tab 4 is confirmed that does not work with MHL, please do not waste money and time to try.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-T235Y 發送

mwebb34

Sep 9, 2012
I'm getting the tab 4 8.0 @ Kmart am I making a mistake by getting this tablet? Can I unlock the bootloader and root this thing and does the tablet have good dev support and plenty of roms/kernels?

Current:HTC One max 'VZW' Rooted S-off running SlimKat 4.4.4
Thinking about getting, VZW Galaxy note edge

tvandeyl

Mar 27, 2015
Galaxy Tab 4

Well, I would think that the tab 4 would be supported as the tab 3 was, but that is why I am getting the cheap adapter rather than the official Samsung one (that one is around $75 on Amazon, but $35-$39 elsewhere). Having been in IT, I have found that most of the problems that people have are self induced, i.e. they did not read the instructions, or took shortcuts. It is worth noting that there seems to be two Samsung MHL adapters, one for the phones and one for the tablets. I do not know why they would do that, it does not make sense to me, as it causes too much confusion.

Eric

Ive read in several sites that MHL is not supported in the Galaxy Tab 4's (all sizes), but USB OTG is but not in the 7" (so just the 8" and 10").

But the HDMI adapter doesnt seem to be MHL....i want to upgrade my 7" tab to an 8", but not just for USB....have to be for HDMI too.

rsktkr1

Nov 10, 2009
DENVER
Ive read in several sites that MHL is not supported in the Galaxy Tab 4's (all sizes), but USB OTG is but not in the 7" (so just the 8" and 10").

But the HDMI adapter doesnt seem to be MHL....i want to upgrade my 7" tab to an 8", but not just for USB....have to be for HDMI too.

The only way to mirror this device is to use samsung s mirroring wireless media link device.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using XDA Free mobile app

Miranda45

Aug 18, 2015
Does anybody can help me?? I purchase a mhl cable for my samsung tab 4 and it didnt work... Does anybody know about any cable? Thank you

Last edited: